Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Zen, AD, Cash, Coins, Seals and invoking

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Board Member
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread on these items. Going to start with invocation, since that was last in the list. Most of the items live in the cash section of the bag., Open inventory and hit the coin tab.

Invocation:

About level 11 your characters can invoke their gods once an hour. This can be done at a portable altar, campfire, or the religious altar deal in Protector's Enclave. The command is mapped to Ctrl-I by default. Each time you invoke, there is a chance to receive XP, Astral Diamonds, potions along with a short term buff. A celestial and ardent coin will be awarded once each day as well (actually every 20 hours).

Seals:

Seals are another form of currency. They can be used to purchase various levels of gear. There are seal vendors for each level in the market square in Protector's enclave. Seal vendors are also located in some camps amongst the leveling areas. Seals can be purchased by hunting mobs and gaining 40 of whatever token the current leveling area uses. These seals are based on the areas level, so low will be seals of the lion. In the Tower district these are ManyArrows Insignia and there are different ones for each leveling zone.

Seals are given as rewards from boss kills in dungeons.

Seals can be purchased with Ardent coins.

Seals: Lion level 16-30 gear, Manticore level 16-30 gear, Pegasus level 28?-60? gear, Unicorn level 60 tier 1 gear, Drake level 60 tier 2 gear.

Ardent Coins:

These are coins that are earned once per day by invoking. They can pile up and not disappear. The best use for them seems to be purchasing Seal of the Pegasus or Seal of the Drake. Those two coins are used for end game purple gear. Pegasus for tier 1 which costs less than the tier 2 Drake gear.

The "spend" button near Ardent and Celestial coins opens the interface for both. Hit the tab at the top for the type you want to spend.

Celestial Coins:

These coins are also rewarded daily for invoking. The difference is these only stack to seven coins. They will also disappear if an entire day goes by without invoking. The best purchases appear to be either the five coin profession/crafting pack or the seven coin enchanting/runestone pack.

The "spend" button near Ardent and Celestial coins opens the interface for both. Hit the tab at the top for the type you want to spend.

Gold/Silver/Copper:

Killing mobs or finishing quests can reward cash. There isn't much use for the cash in game. Potions, kits for nodes, temporary or slow mounts, companions with max rank of 15 (like the free one at character level 16). Cash can be traded between players next to each other, but doesn't seem to be able to be mailed. I tend to buy kits, potions, injury repair or whatever on my higher level characters and mail those out to people.

Astral Diamonds:

These can be earned by invoking, completing daily missions, selling goods on the auction house, selling zen on the zen market. Astral diamonds are used to purchase identification scrolls from the vendor next to the daily mission NPC, purchase better companions or mounts, purchase items from the auction broker, etc. This is really the main currency of the game.

Astral Diamonds may be used to purchase Zen on the special Zen/AD trading window.

Zen:

Zen are the real money to in game cash mechanism. One US penny is tied to one Zen, other countries have different exchange rates. One Zen was initially trading for 500 Astral Diamonds. Recently they are down to about 1 to 420. Some items are only available for purchase with Zen. 16 more bank slots was 300 Zen, a 24 slot bag was 1000.

Zen may also be used to purchase Astral Diamonds on the special Zen/AD trading window.

(Please point out any errors or additions)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mendien

I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thank you Grouchy, I was confused when talking about all this stuff in mumble the other night. Makes more sense as your character gets to the level of being able to do it.

Varnes454

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Very informative, good article grouchy :D

Oakenhart

Lurker
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The real prize for the Celestial coins is in the 7 coin ward pack. This gives you a chance to get a blue Ward for enchantments. These guarantee success for upgrading enchantments. At the epic dungeon level you start getting some weapon/armor enhancement stones. You need to combine 4 of the same quality/type to upgrade it. The problem is the chance of success is 1% so you pretty much *need* the blue ward to guarantee success in order to obtain these enhancements. You'll need 4 of the blue wards in order to fully upgrade an enhancement (Shard->Lesser->Normal->Greater->Perfect). These wards are otherwise available for 1000 zen in the cash shop.

The 5 coin crafting pack is just resources and will only get you up to blue resources. The purple quality Dragon Eggs are really what you want for high level crafting and I think those are pretty much cash shop only via the profession boosters.

Top Bottom