Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

What Role Are you Currently Thinking of?

Primary Role

• Tank

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • DPS

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Healer

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Doctorhoo

Time Lord
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I know you can build your character using 2 different weapon sets (down from 3 a year ago) but what role are you thinking of as a primary role you are currently thinking about?

(Here's a Quick Reminder of the Current Weapon Types)

2H Weapons - Bows, War Hammers, Muskets, Spears
1H Weapons - Swords, Hatchets, Rapiers
Magic Weapons - Life Staves, Fire Staves, Ice Gauntlets

Monte

Epic Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I did DPS, but I am going to be a little of dps and some healing. Going to be in/focus/con build. With repair, gauntlets, life staff and fire staff builds.

LoganSilver

Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I went with DPS, but I likely won't be pure DPS. My interest will likely be pvp more than pve, though I will do some of both types of content. I am stuck between two class types. One is a pure mage (fire staff+something else mage type), and the other is a dps/tank (hatchet/sword+shield). I will try both during the closed beta (will only do light play) to figure out what works for me.

Reactions: Vek

Grimm

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Don't know yet.

Maka

Tenacious Gamer
Reaction score
I'm really torn on what to choose. During Alpha, I seemed to default into sword/shield + life staff. I did make the fire staff eventually, but didn't get to level it up much. I enjoyed the rapier when it came out, too, but I'm terrible at evading hits. My armor/weapons took massive amounts of damage lol.

I'm leaning towards a healer build since I'll have Squishy always available to hunt with, but I haven't decided on the secondary weapon yet.

Erekose

New Worlder
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Healer. Although I understand leveling a healer without being in a group is challenging. Maybe I'll take a hatchet or rapier as secondary weapon so I can get in on some of the damage goodness.

Doctorhoo

Time Lord
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
LIfe Staff Healer but still debating my main secondary weapon likely hatchet, ice gauntlets, or warhammer.

Vek

Tenacious Gamer
Reaction score
Atm just DPS with Fire Staff and no secondary. I will try a lot of weapons in the Beta and see if the secondary really makes a difference but I imagine my build like heavy chest armor and other light/ medium pieces BUT staying in the light set bonus for that sweet +20% damage. Intelligence + Constitution socket gems and oc Fire Staff. Attribute points will go to intelligence alone, Don't feel the need to get the bonus from gathering. Since I will be getting constitution from the armor bonus I will try sword and shield in case I need to step up as tank for some reason. Anyway, let's see how it goes :joy:

Telhra

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Bought this game, probably will start as a "tank" considering it sounds like its simple to change around for solo, or mix things up.

Kritas

I'll give this some thought
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I was late to the beta and ended up with a rapier and a bow. I figured it didn't matter much since it was a beta and I was soloing all the time. It seems that the meta is Life Staff.

Laruther

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Played Life staff/hatchet for beta ....But thinking maybe Life staff/ice gauntlet.

Ageofruin

Tenacious Gamer
Reaction score
Thinking hammer and boomstick :) I didn't get to play the beta.

Bambi

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but please be aware that on weapons that have two "based on" stats, they provide different levels of Oomph.

Anything that takes Strength or Dexterity, gets a considerable bit more power out of the Strength side than the dex. I've tested this out myself and can verify it is a significant difference.

I was originally going to go Musket/Hatchet with all of my points in Dexterity. I then switched everything to Strength instead, bought all new faction armor that was Str/Con for level 25 and man, it made a VERY BIG difference in the damage out put of my hatchet.

It has since convinced me to go all Strength with Hatchet as primary and either Great Axe or Great Hammer as the secondary as situation requires. This is kinda nice as I can also pick up Sword/Board to tank as needed since I'm going heavy plate.

TLDR: Putting all your points in Strength gives more damage boost to Str/Dex weapons than all ponts in Dex will.

Zap

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Fire & Ice, all INT

Might try Fire & Rapier, if OOM too much with fire & ice

Shiala

Obssesed with Glam way too much.
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hallo, thinking of joining everyone for this launch, and probably Musket/Spear or Great Axe/Life Staff. I'm terrible at deciding so who knows.

Ageofruin

Tenacious Gamer
Reaction score
I've been playing around with quite a few things during this BETA round. I think I'm probably going great axe/musket or great axe/ice gauntlets...which sounds weird but hear me out...gravity well - ice CC? I dunno, sounds fun lol

Skateus

Tenacious Gamer
Reaction score
Hey all,

Hoping to join you at launch and played Life Staff/Hatchet on the previous Beta. Will probably stick with healer unless there is a severe shortage of tanks, but I haven't tried tanking yet.

Telhra

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Didn't get to play much during OB, but still planning to go with a tank/paladin build for now. Will see how it goes after we go live.

Kelace

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thinking of Spear/Life Staff game looks interesting, more so than any that have come out recently. Haven't played any of the beta's, so this game will be completely fresh for me

Taamerlane

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I am going sword and board. More on the dps side initially and then tank for end game. Super excited to get back into an MMO. Been a VERY long time for me. I have retired from work, so i am going to NO LIFE New World.

Top Bottom