Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

NW Release - What will you Play?

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
With Open Beta and Head Start announced yesterday ... let's use this thread as a roll-call type.

So .... What will you play?

Paradigm

Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I've tried every class except the Cleric .... I don't play healy types.

While I am completely enamored with the Guardian Fighter (could be the most fun tank I've played) .... it's Trickster Rogue for me when the game starts. Just can't pass it up, it's in my blood

Killington

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I will most likely be playing a control wizard at launch unless they happen to have the rumored warlock in by then, in that case I would probably have to give it a try first.

Varnes454

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I am rolling a Cleric, it's the first time i have had this much insane fun with a healer, they are great solo classes and they hit like trucks and heal people with damage crits, i mean how more awesome can they get!

Angitia

An-gee-tee-a
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I will more than likely play control wizard unless the warlock class is available to play at launch. I tend to migrate towards warlock more than wizard. Note, my wizard/ warlock name will always be Pinkeyes and my healer will always be named Angitia unless taken. Then, I kill the people that steal them and reclaim my rightful names.

Paradigm

Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
... unless taken. Then, I kill the people that steal them and reclaim my rightful names.

lol .... in NW, you always get your name because they use @ handles (which are hidden in game and can be toggled on or off), so no fear of not getting your name. My name in game will be Paradigm, but the full name will be Paradigm@Tracilords, since Tracilords is my website login account.

Killington

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you will be able to change your @ handles, apparently i made mine something along the lines of @chgjms rofl.

Thermopyle

Penultimate Oligochaeta
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Can't you just start total over Killin? Use a different email address and just register from scratch, what could you lose? Or did you already give them money? I'll probably play guardian fighter, but I want to try some other classes too.

Paradigm

Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you will be able to change your @ handles, apparently i made mine something along the lines of @chgjms rofl.

You can send an email to support through the PWE main website (not the NW website) about getting your @ handle changed ...

Mendien

I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'll be a cleric I believe...I navigate to healers. Varnes said they were fun, so that is all I need to know.

Mendien is my designated healer name.

Chabu

Get in the van...
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Control Wizard and secondary will be Cleric. The CW is sooo much fun in PvP.

Aluenna

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Cleric of course. Terz and Tingle will be deepsing and Tromin tanking....SHOCKING I know!

Ivy will be stealing my mouse on the regular, but she's not quite ready to farm for us yet. ;)

Paradigm

Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Cleric of course. Terz and Tingle will be deepsing and Tromin tanking....SHOCKING I know!

Ivy will be stealing my mouse on the regular, but she's not quite ready to farm for us yet. ;)

Yes, that is quite the shocker ... there's no magic healing shoes in NW though :(

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Board Member
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I liked the cleric for solo play, but talk about aggro bomb in groups...

Still trying to decide on rogue or wizard right now.

Aluenna

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score

Yes, that is quite the shocker ... there's no magic healing shoes in NW though :(

That's okay, I'm so awesome I don't need magic healing shoes. As long as there are hots so we can lazy-clear with heal aggro, we'll be golden.

Surrepo

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'm either going to play a trickster rogue or what may so far be the only Great Weapon Fighter. I haven't gotten a chance to try the Great Weapon Fighter as I was away the last Beta weekend so that is my goal of this one, just to decide on a Race/Class. I would prefer the Ranger but i'm guessing that class won't be available at launch.

Paradigm

Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I will not be playing on my account during BW4.... so if anyone wants to log in, just PM me here on this site and I'll give you the information.

Kegg

Tá mé caoch ar meisce!
Tenacious Gamer
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
AS I'm not even certain yet what races or classes will be available at launch, I'm just going with "I'll figure it out later". Might depend on my mood that day...

Zaknethyn

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Well, I played all the classes in beta and while Guardian Fighter and Trickster Rogue were both pretty awesome, I came to really enjoy my Great Weapon Fighter and Control Wizard, so I will be going with those two at launch.
Control wizard felt like a cannon of chaos and Great Weapon Fighter was just straight up my playstyle. Since I can't have a Swordmage I will go for both :)

Zak'Nethyn = GWF
Dal'Maryk = CW

Oakenhart

Lurker
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give this game a whirl. I can't decide between guardian or cleric. I'll probably start off as a guardian but start up a healer since I like healing in PvP.

Tamirat

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I always start with a tanky character so probably a cleric. But I'll try them all and see what I like.

Top Bottom