Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Nooby Neverwinter questions!

Tamirat

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'll be playing the Neverwinter open beta when it starts tomorrow, but I just wanted to know a few things before I play the game:

1. How many character slots are there? For free members I mean. I know these new free to play games only allow like one or two characters before asking for money.

2. When is the quickest place to find/buy a cape? ...I really like capes.

3. Can every class wear capes? This relates to question 2.

4. Does this game have a leveling system like Guild Wars 2? Meaning, can a high level player go into a low level area and help lower leveled people?

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Board Member
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'll be playing the Neverwinter open beta when it starts tomorrow, but I just wanted to know a few things before I play the game:

1. How many character slots are there? For free members I mean. I know these new free to play games only allow like one or two characters before asking for money.

Two for free players, five for HoTN founders and ? for Guardian founders. Believe you can purchase additional slots at the rate of two per $5 but don't believe me until verified

2. When is the quickest place to find/buy a cape? ...I really like capes.
I dropped a cape either as a mission reward or random loot item. It was in the mid 20s. I have not checked with vendors to see if it can be purchased.

3. Can every class wear capes? This relates to question 2.
No idea.

4. Does this game have a leveling system like Guild Wars 2? Meaning, can a high level player go into a low level area and help lower leveled people?
You can attempt to assist lower level people. It doesn't work like CoX or other games where it adjust levels so everyone can play together. If your levels are too far apart, loot and XP are greatly diminished.

Tamirat

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Replying to someone with multiple quotes and in the same font color is rather confusing ... just saying

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score

It does not scale like GWII ... you can group with a lower level character and the quests will go faster, but the XP will be nil ... the XP gain will come from how much faster the quests are done

Tamirat

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I think the reason the font colors were the same is because of the text editor itself. I sometimes notice that my color changes depending on if/when I decide to pick a color. I'll just stick to normal colors for now.

And ONE MORE QUESTION: Are quests like the normal old-school mmo quests where you have to back to the quest giver?

Also one more hour until Neverwinter open beta is live for everyone. Hope it doesn't have a messed up launch.

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A number of them are, but it depends on the quest. Some of them you go collect your five bear parts and return to the giver. Some you enter a mission instance and make your way to the objective and the quest sort of advances there but still has you return to the giver. Some the quest has you speak to one and find another to turn in.

Some of the zone quests run for a limited time and then announce winners to the zone. In the tower district it is a relic hunt. When it fires, you run around collecting the items. If you hit your 'x' key it will show the leaderboard for the contest. When the time runs out, the leaderboard shows and winners are given prizes directly to their bags.

Some of the content is only available for specific level ranges. If you have a quest to complete dungeon X and out level the dungeon, that quest is still there but not able to be completed.

Tamirat

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ah ok. Thanks alot for the information!

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Dropping this here because I don't feel like making a new post. Read this on another forum:

2) What the heck is combat advantage?

A2. Learn how to exploit Combat Advantage. Once you get a Companion, attacking from the opposite side of someone else will cause you both to do more damage. You can see a white part of the circle at the base of the enemy's model. If you move to the white area it will turn blue, and this means you have the bonus damage. Whenever you're in a group always try to stand in the white part of the arc. You'll not only increase your own damage, you'll increase the damage of the tank and others who can't be bothered to be in the proper position.

Top Bottom