Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Epic dungeon runs?

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Board Member
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A few of us have reached 60 and are looking to form up some dungeon runs. Maybe try to set up some loosely scheduled time to run something?

Not sure if listing 60s and gear score to see what we qualify for is a good idea? Or maybe we can get some people together to try out the various dungeons and figure out what is needed in the way of group makeup and gear?

Please share thoughts.

T1/2 Score Dungeon
T1 5700 The Cloak Tower
T1 5700 Cragmire Crypts
T1 6800 Throne of Idris
T1 6800 Lair of the Mad Dragon
T1 6800 Grey Wolf Den
T2 8300 Spellplague Caverns
T2 8300 The Frozen Heart
T2 8300 Caverns of Karrundax
T2 8300 Lair of the Pirate King

T2 8300 Temple of the Spider
T2 8300 The Dread Vault
T2 9200 Castle Never

Last edited by a moderator:

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Still level 38, but hope to be there soon :)

Luciefur

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Grouchy...Thanks for starting this thread as I was just about to do so...

We have indeed started running some epic dungeons and we are trying to get some guild runs going. I know that we have had a few 60s for a while now that have been running PUG epic runs and we also have some new 60s ready to do so. First in chatting with Aerwyn last night , she told me she could not queue for epics just now as she needed to upgrade her gear score. I had the same issue when I reached 60 but for about 20000 Astral diamonds I was able to buy 6 purple armor pieces and get my gear score near 8000 so that I could queue for about 4 or 5 different epic dungeons. I would suggest to everyone to try and get a few pieces cheap (not set pieces but just cheap purple basic armor) so that you can get your gear score up there

So far I have had a blast in running epic albeit sometimes some PUG do drive me crazy hehe. Last night me, Maximus and Mials teamed up to run Lair of the gray wolf epic dungeon. We had 2 decent PUGs and let me say that the boss fight was crazy. We wiped at least 5 times but we kept trying and getting better each time. Very tough fight to learn but it was great to do it with some guildies. We did not succeed in the end but I am sure we will be trying again tonight or soon enough... So don't be shy and join in the fun. Just let me or Grouchy know and we can get some runs going

See you in game

Varnes454

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I will say this, my seriousness on gearing is at a stand still because id like to get all my desired classes to 60 first (22 CW atm then a TR afterwards) but if guild dungeon runs pop up and you need heals or dps ask me

Tingle

Pull My Finger
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
my cleric is 60. no clue what my gear score is. Dont really agree how its figured. anyway.... He is mainly buff/debuff build and middle dps. dont expect alot of heals from me :p~

Usually on another toon. since I finished all the solo content on cleric. but if im on I can usually switch over and join for a guild run. Not all my alts are in guild. Need get my wizard invited so I can see chat I guess.

Oakenhart

Lurker
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I am 100% up for this. As a cleric I've actually not been able to stomach doing PUGs anymore so I haven't been logging in much. If a night or time is setup for guild runs I would be in heaven. I'm geared for healing through T1/T2s.

Edit: I'm free any weeknight except Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

wmhdave

I feel stabby
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'm in. rogue/9100 I will do what I can attend any scheduled runs. I'll be on more after May 15th when work slows down a bit and kids baseball is over.

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Great, now if we can coincide with the delve activity that will make it it nearly 1% better than a regular Tenacious outing.

We were told the spider dungeon final boss has some problem, but I don't remember details.

The plague dungeon also had the second boss and his adds not reset after wiping our group. Not sure if that is common.

Miles

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
My rogue has a GS of 7200+ or so and my CW is 9700+. If I am on I am all for a run.

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Watching a video on Castle Never. The bunch managed three of the four bosses. Their video is 2 hours and 9 minutes long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gct_d3BF8DQ

Looks like there are a lot of pulls required to move along, being careful to avoid patrols or over pulling.

The spider boss appears to do a pounce, jabs, summon a lot of adds and generally take a while. Think this was about 38 minutes into the video

Second boss is a beholder, cone and circle attacks, plus a pile of adds. About one hour mark in the video. A lot of dwarves spawning.

Third boss is a caster/spellplague sort(?) about 1:41 in the video. Has a bunch of wight adds.

Then looks like a bunch of more murder on the way to the bone dragon. Cone attack, circles, Lot of skeleton adds. Looks like we might be able to knock some over the railing if they get positioned correctly. About 50% there appear to be spectral hands that pop out of the ground, hit hard and knockdown. Dragon also does some sort of pounce, maybe a tail whip.

We will need a lot of injury kits, healing pots, and candid humor.

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Think my rogue is at 9965 and the wizard at 9740.

We had a four hour attempt at Castle Never friday evening. Made it to the third boss and found we weren't skilled, geared or grouped well enough to get past him. One or more of those reasons.

But with a little more practice we should be able to clear the whole place.

Luciefur

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
yes it was a good first guild run into Castle never. I sure did learn a lot on that hard trash...Hopefully we can try a second run this coming friday. If Grouchy brings his wizard then we will need another DPS assuming the same 4 are coming. If we have more people that are interested we can always do rotations. Let us know if you are interested

Top Bottom