Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Cooking Orders from Aenowyn - Level Setting my Process to our Members

Ashlynmae

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score

Cooking orders are starting to come in to me from guild members now, so I thought I would level set everyone with my process. I am not speaking for other guild cooks, but they may adopt the same process if they like.

For those of you who need the bottom line first, here it is: I will be asking members to provide the labor cost for my cooking services, plus the mats to make their items. Members will need to send me a Workers Compensation potion with their first order, to initiate my services. I will keep track of your labor balance in a spreadsheet, to be tapped into for your future orders.

I am a sponsored cook in the guild, but honestly 97% of my cost to get to level 60K was on my dime. I enjoy being a guild cook and donate a lot to the guild in the way of making the level 60K cooking “1300 HP Max for 30 min” drinks in feast tables for our trade runs, raids, and upcoming siege support – At No Cost To The Guild. Each table provides the 30 minute boost for ten people. I have many farms and 50% of my space is donated for the growth of the trees, and the hives for the honey for this item.

So now back to our members. I am happy to take the time to fill your orders, given the above mentioned process. Another reason I have this process is because (unfortunately) there may be members in our guild that would see an opportunity to use my services and turn the food over in the AH for a profit. That is not why I am cooking for the guild.

Aen

BLUD

Shit Stirrer
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
This set-up should be mirrored by all our crafters. Figure out what "cost" is to produce what you supply to people and do not short change yourself which only would make you less able to continue producing items for the guild.

NOBODY should be crafting at a loss. I understand @Aenowyn that you did this voluntarily to get to 60 K as fast as possible for the guild. Labor is a factor and as such asking for labor potions as part of payment is both acceptable and necessary. Any non-crafters who do not understand this have never tried to grow the mass amount of materials required to produce the consumables in both cooking and alchemy and to some extent printing as well.

Be fair with each other as that is an issue of respecting your guildmates. If for some reason a guild member does not want to provide labor potions or for whatever reason doesn't feel that paying for the resources they use from guild crafters is reasonable and fair, then they are welcome to use the Auction Manager instead.

Shiala

Obssesed with Glam way too much.
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Aen, first I agree, and might I add a tip would be helpful as well.

Second for those of us lazy, can we just send you gold and a labor pot and ask for highest tier mana food? Not that I need any, hint hint :)

Ashlynmae

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
@ Kat, just getting gold from a customer is really hard on the crafter. That means that the crafter has to go to the market and buy the mats for the customer. AH prices vary dramatically throughout the week. The customer needs to either grow the mats, or buy the mats first, and then send them with the WC pot.

I mentioned in a recent post, that for the guild trade runs/raids/sieges, I will provide the honey for those mana drinks. All I need provided are the grapes and apples.

Sylvara

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Well said Aen. I remember reading guild chat one night and someone asked for food from someone (forget who) and promptly stated they were going to sell a bunch on the AH when a leader interjected with "You'd better give the crafter a portion of that".
/signed.

Shiala

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
@ Kat, just getting gold from a customer is really hard on the crafter. That means that the crafter has to go to the market and buy the mats for the customer. AH prices vary dramatically throughout the week. The customer needs to either grow the mats, or buy the mats first, and then send them with the WC pot.

I mentioned in a recent post, that for the guild trade runs/raids/sieges, I will provide the honey for those mana drinks. All I need provided are the grapes and apples.
Ok sounds good I'll grab the mats and send them

Wow that leader sounds very intelligent and I bet he's handsome as well, and dashing I'm sure :D:D

Rainedance

Free Pumpkin Hugs For Everyone
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I have to agree @BLUD, that NONE of our crafters should be operating at a loss! I know that there has been some grumbling about asking for donations to Genesis crafters, the reality is that if our Guild wants these things to be better in PVP, raids ect....then we need our crafters to max out asap! Yes, we know that we have a few our crafters that have been a bit over zealous in requesting donations...and this has been addressed. But after a poll of our crafters, it has been determined that a large majority of them have been lvling up their craft with very little assistance. They have been doing it on their own dime and for the good of the Guild. So along with Blud, I too agree with this set up and encourage our other crafters to do the same!! It is fair and it is reasonable!! Help your crafters help you!!! =)

Cyndir

Ranger RAGE!
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I like this idea. And great work Aen getting to 60k!

I've not had too much trouble with members providing materials for what they want, some have even included LP pots to help with the labor expense - so thx to those guys. But like Aen's idea of keeping a spread sheet for LP balance (if I'm reading this right)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

D

daveydee3

Tenacious Guest
Well said Aen. I remember reading guild chat one night and someone asked for food from someone (forget who) and promptly stated they were going to sell a bunch on the AH when a leader interjected with "You'd better give the crafter a portion of that".
/signed.
Yeah that was me. Sorry. Didn't realize the ethics of the sitution at the time (and didn't realize how much labor that used). I can tell that I did not resell it and will do no such things in the future.

Woolsey

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Starting this last week as the newest Alchemist has been eye opening!

I am glad to do it, but it takes a lot of work, land, and resources. Sounds like some crafts are easier to level than others, I hit 10k in gathering this week just farming for alchemy which is currently 1500...lol.

Thanks to Aenowyn for your hard work and dedication.

Crafters also need to let members know what they need sometimes, or redirect folks to the folio to figure it out themselves.

Joshiki

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd put up a list of ingredients for the stat foods I'm concentrating on making.

each provides 3 meals of rank 4

Spirit boost:
Trimmed meat...20
Chopped produce...17
Onions...5
Turkey meat...5
Avocado...5
Beef...5
Milk...5

Goose meat...5

Intelligence boost:
Trimmed meat...20
Dried Flowers...17
Carrot...5
Goat meat...5
Grape...5
Beef...5
Eggs...5
Yata meat...5

Agility boost:
Trimmed meat...20
Chopped produce...17
Cucumber...5
Mutton...5
Fig...5
Beef...5
Eggs...5
Duck meat...5

Strength boost:
Trimmed meat...20
Ground spices...17
Potato...5
Pork meat...5
Saffron...5
Beef...5
Milk...5
Chicken meat...5

Instead of keeping track of any labor this takes I'm asking for a small tip of 5 Beef for each order(3 meals) made. Beef is the most widely used meat in all the meals and I believe that would be of more use to me. I REALLY don't want to have to keep track of labor for everyone! LOL I am now in the process of filling a chest of pre-made meals so I hopefully don't run into any labor issues. If you send more than the amounts listed above for your order I will consider them tips. I'll never turn away a labor potion if ya feel that URGE to send one :).

Noble Blessings Feast Table:
4 each Strength/Agility +1 lumber
Arcane Grace Feast Table:
4 each Spirit/Intelligence + 1 lumber

The Tables do take a large chunk of labor so we need to know ahead of time to make these. Right now Ashlynmae is the only cook that I know of that can make the tables *S* I am still working my way towards that 60k level *S*

So there ya have it!
Witchy Woman cook'n up a storm *S* I've found a few Toad Warts and Eye of Newt in my cupboards so lets see what THAT does to these recipes eh? ;)

Last edited:

Shiala

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
What do we need to send if we want mana food? Do we need to start with the mats from tier one and go up or how should we do it

Joshiki

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Is that the regen or stat boost you want? I'm thinking since the regen food takes so much grain maybe you should look at the tier and see what would be best for you. The lower the tier, the more of them we can make. With regen at least, would it be better to carry around a bunch of them or just a few?

Shiala

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
need regen, need at least tier 4, so needing to know what mats I need to send, do I have to start at tier 1? Need as many as possible

Joshiki

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Tier 4 ....120 ground grain/20 barley/10 tomato/5 pumpkin...that will make 10 If you go to tier 5 add 30 ground grain and 3
rosemary
That's 16 / 20 labor (tier 4/tier 5)

Joshiki

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Kat...just sent you 10 each tier 4 and 5....Use them and see if there is a big difference for you between the 2 for what you are doing.

Cyndir

Ranger RAGE!
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Quick question, can I use a stat food and then also use the mana/health regen food at the same time?

Cyndir

Ranger RAGE!
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Starting this last week as the newest Alchemist has been eye opening!

I am glad to do it, but it takes a lot of work, land, and resources. Sounds like some crafts are easier to level than others, I hit 10k in gathering this week just farming for alchemy which is currently 1500...lol.

Thanks to Aenowyn for your hard work and dedication.

Crafters also need to let members know what they need sometimes, or redirect folks to the folio to figure it out themselves.

I get a lot of requests wondering what's the best way to level alchemy. And I'm betting it's a lot like cooking in that there really is no way to speed level, just have to grind it out.
As you stated, there are some crafts that are easier to level than others. So I'm hoping people understand that when asking what's taking so long on some of the crafts and why we need so many donations.

Shiala

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Kat...just sent you 10 each tier 4 and 5....Use them and see if there is a big difference for you between the 2 for what you are doing.
The tier 5 are awesome, I'll make soup as high as I can and send the mats to make me some along with a labor pot, trying to get a stack of 200,

What rank agi food can you make? I'd like to get some of that as well

Top Bottom