Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

BW4 Impressions and Review

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Board Member
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a separate thread for thoughts on this last closed beta.

I played a small amount. Did not play with professions or the remote web interface.

My characters definitely felt weaker this time. Having powers start out low and having to use points to upgrade them or spend to unlock new ones was probably the cause. From what I have read you have a limited amount of points, so you get more customization, but can't unlock/updgrade everything.

Some of the profession related NPCs were activated. There were extra quests in the Black Lake area for my rogue. NPC had three missions that all tied in together.

Did anyone test the bodily harm system? Meant to get killed and try it out, but forgot.

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I played just a small amount yesterday morning. Goofed around with the crafting UI. I like the idea of crafting assistants and leveling them up to do the dirty work for you. I did not try the injury and harm system, although I like the premise. I think there should be a penalty for dying.

I also like what they did with the powers. My rogue and CW felt less powerful for sure ... in fact, the first quest instance I entered (level 6) after I logged in with my CW, I got /facerolled by a 3 pull. I like it being a bit more challenging at lower levels and then earning the bigger skills. I thought the game was a little unbalanced in the favor of being too easy in the first 3 BW's. I think it's more of a challenge now and a good thing.

CrimsonEclipse

You Jelly Bruh?
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately...I didn't get to play at all even though I thought I was going to be able to.

I like the sounds if it being harder from what Para says, I played in a little in BW3 and thought the mobs were a joke so it's good to hear they are making it more of a challenge. The Crafting Assistants sounds like they took a page of Bioware's book from Old Republic, I think this is gonna be a fun laid back relaxing game to trash mobs in dungeons with cool looking abilities and getting some nice loot. Looks like some fun times ahead I say!

Angitia

An-gee-tee-a
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I hated crafting in SWTOR. I really hope I have the option to harvest and craft for myself. I like doing that on my downtime. How dare devs take that away! /sigh

CrimsonEclipse

You Jelly Bruh?
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I hated crafting in SWTOR. I really hope I have the option to harvest and craft for myself. I like doing that on my downtime. How dare devs take that away! /sigh

Can you harvest in this game? Not sure if you mine nodes and all that....@_@?

Killington

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Across the board class nerfs and a no-crafting crafting implementation, this update is totally awesome!

Varnes454

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
As far as gathering Materials from nodes there are specific skill based things scattered around the world that give materials but you need an item to gather it if that is not your class skill such as the CW has the Arcana Skill while the Guardian Fighter has the Dungeoneering skill, of course these can also open hidden paths and find extra loot so if you can still buy the kits from vendors i think it's a good idea to stock up while solo adventuring, mind you i haven't played since BW3 so they may have changed it

Top Bottom