Well damn...healing halved in pvp?

Discussion in 'The SpiritShaper' started by Distress, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Distress

Distress The Brew Master Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I was just reading the official forums and the question was asked how important healing was in pvp since it didn't look like SS healed for much in the vids. Someone relpied it was because healing was halved in pvp.

I'm pretty disappointed if this is correct. I'm almost always a pvp healer for going on 20 years now. I prefer pvp to pve and healing to damage. But I prefer that because I feal I make the most impact on the battlefield with strong timely heals to my group members. Now....is there even a point? Is half healing worth more then an extra fully specced DPS class in a 3v3 or 5v5?

Anyone have any addition info on this? All I have to go on is https://www.reddit.com/r/revelation_online/comments/58hhs6/q_healing_impact_stuff/

2. Nyx

Nyx Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

That does suck but keep in mind that is for CN. We could potentially see something different and/or be changed over time if brought up as a change during CBT and the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashai likes this.
  3. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

Everything is relative .... damage is also naturally mitigated by about 1/2 on a PC versus an NPC ... your healing mitigation is going to be in line on PC's just as damage will be. And of course a healer will be worth it.

Remember also that you spec DEEPLY into your character. Not just talent trees ... but character paths, skill trees, and skill trees within the skills themselves. Coupled with the ability to allocate and change your own base stats and the ability to reroll stats on weapons and armor, then you are talking about the ability to mold your character how ever you want.

If you want to be an UBER HEALER, then spec into it. Allocate your base stats to support your healing, follow the support path (instead of offense or defense) and then spec into your skills that increase healing, reduce healing CD's or increase the HP effect.

It's hard to explain just how much one healer can be different from another.

Proof, Lohre, Ashai and 1 other person like this.
  4. Distress

Ok, I was unaware damage would be halved as well (big surprise to me that both are this way). I don't need to be "uber healer", I was just worried my main heals would do next to nothing. IE watching a DPSer hit a teammate for 2000 and only healing him back 400. If the damage and healing of all classes are on par I'm sure I'll be fine. Thanks for the info.

5. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

It's actually not that uncommon ... in most games, damage on a PC is highly mitigated when compared to a NPC. The reason is the HP pool and the developers desire to create longer, more competitive fights.

A player might have 13,000 HP (as an example), while a dungeon boss might have 2 million. The healing/damage/buffs will all scale down in PvP because of the HP pool ... Games like Aion, Rift, TERA, etc; it might not be uncommon to see a mage crit for 20k or 30k on a boss or NPC, but that same hit would only hit a player of equal level or gear for 4k or 5k

They also want PvP fights to last longer and be more strategic ... so while you won't be able to crit heal a player from 0-100, they will also find it difficult to burst a player from 100-0

Ashai likes this.
  6. Distress

Yep makes sense. Although I've been told a few times there is no crit healing in this game.

7. Juji

Juji Jooji Tenacious Gamer

I have noticed in a lot of 3v3 vids that the winning teams burst down the other classes over the SS because their dps kills them faster than the SS can heal them. I'm hoping the new ultimate ability will help a lot with this though.

8. Distress

I played a ton of PvP in the first closed beta as a SS. I was pretty unimpressed with SS healing. I designed my char with massive HP and resistances (zero offense). and chain healed. Even doing that, a well specced offensive hero could DPS me down solo and 2x of any class would own me. Healing just isn't that good in this game for pvp. Sure it's nice to have around, but DPS wins fights here. If you bring too many healing classes to an evenly numbered fight you will lose it.