Useful professions?

Discussion in 'The Order of G E N E S I S' started by Rhaskel, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Rhaskel

Rhaskel Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I haven't settled on which profession(s) to pursue, so I am soliciting your guidance on what would be most useful for the Order as a whole.

In alpha I kind of fell into farming and husbandry because they weren't hard to level. I also made it to over 50,000 in mining (but that was easier on alpha with the higher labor regen). But I am fine with any of the professions.

Thoughts? If it matters, I am Eastern US time zone and I'm typically online evenings and weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BLUD

BLUD Shit Stirrer Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Printing, talk to Vorvidar about it and see what you think. Let me know please after you talk to him.

3. Reltius

Reltius Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I'm a bit confused about printing. The spellbooks are all you get to do at 50k, so I assume that is what is referred to when it is said printing is so important.

The price of the spellbooks on the AH has plummeted thanks to some idiot who is massively undercutting.

The cost of the spellbooks was 1g per item, and on the AH they are selling for 1.8g per item.

So the market has made it pretty easy to obtain printing's only proficiency required item.

If however Printing is so great endgame because of regrade scrolls, then anyone can make regrade scrolls. All it takes is labor in which case I would recommend people make their own instead of buying them off the AH (of course Genesis Printers like myself will still sell at cost to the guild)

Also, I am surprised at the cost of Moonpoints (Armor Regrade Scrolls). A week ago they were 2g ea on the AH and now they are 10g+!. Not sure if it is a demand issue with so many people making crafted gear now or a supply issue. Don't even know where you get moonpoints and sunpoints other than opening loyalty/cash shop items.

4. Vanye

Vanye Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

The points are found by opening purses but are pretty rare. I have found about 10 total after opening a couple thousand purses. Now that everyone has used up their credits the supply has dwindled plus everyone is 50 now and trying to get the best gear they possibly can so demand has increased as well.

BLUD likes this.
  5. BLUD

BLUD Shit Stirrer Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Good thing you leveled your's before most of the rest of the server. The guy who is undercutting spellbooks is probably taking a loss on purpose just to quickly level up.