Update Everything!!

Discussion in 'Diablo III' started by Syress, May 15, 2012.

1. Syress

Syress Slayer of Bats Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Ok figured i'd give you all a heads up, and hopefully save you some install legwork.

Being the instant gratification seeking male that i am, I went to the Mall and purchased a box copy of Diablo3.
    I figured, "First day, servers are prolly jammed... with my bandwidth its most likely faster to hop to the teeny mecca than to sit in queues, slow DL speeds, etc."
    I popped it out of the box, activated it on B.net(created a new log in cuz i couldnt recall my old one) set up my tag .... Syress#1467 which i dropped in the tag forum. and clicked install.

Error message(shocking i know)."your operating system does not meet the minimum requirements" REALLY!?!?

To make a long story shot (if it isn't too late already), I'm running vista on my laptop. So after 3 hours, a pot of coffee and 1/2 a pack of smokes of updating, forums reading, burning burning impatience, i think i finally have it.

I auto-updated all my windows updates and directx, but apparently that does not update your service packs. I had to goto http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/ and DL and install the new service pack from there.

Finally installing now just in time to not log in tonight, so I'll check it out tomorrow. Just an FYI if any of you have the same issue if/when you get it

Hopefully see you in B.net,
    Sy

2. Shoshin

Shoshin Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

You were deserving of the long wait. Only fools run Vista.

Yours truly,
    Shoshin

3. powertaco

powertaco HAMBRUGrER NECKRACE Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Vista?

OH. You mean Windows ME 2.0... Right.

4. Syrenx

Syrenx Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

People still have VISTA? I cry for you.

5. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

Techie here, seconding the "LOL Vista" posts...

Some people don't have the cash/time/know-how to upgrade, though, or are on a system that doesn't have all the drivers available in W7.

6. Tingle

Tingle Pull My Finger Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

i got a copy of xp ill give you to replace that vista ;)

7. triniti

triniti Sassy and it shows. Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

So............before I go buy this.....is my vista going to be a problem??

~Trin

8. Kyndig

Probably not Trin. 99% of Vista users seem to be fine. Most of us are just making fun of Vista on principle...in my case both because it sucks and my brother-in-law (who I'm less than fond of) worked on it. He was partially responsible for the debacle that was ME as well...

9. triniti

Well, I'm gonna give it a look today......see if this WoW lappy will run it.......if that's a go, then I need to see if my hubby's lappy can run it, as well. I need to find a "fun" game for us to play. I think introducing him to MMORPGs via Tera was a little rough...and the PvP server just frustrates him even more. My heart will always belong in Aion, I think.....but it really pushes my machine's limits. I just can't seem to muster up the desire to drag him through WoW, so D3 is looking like a good option. Unless you guys have another suggestion??

~Trin

10. Kyndig

Hmmm...D3 would be good, but it's not really an MMO. GW2 may be good when it comes out; beyond that, WoW is by far the best at sucking new people in, as much as I hate to admit that=P I can see how Tera as a first MMO would be rough.

11. triniti

Sigh......yes, he'll probably like Wow (although he'll probably laugh at the graphics after seeing Tera), I just dread running another toon through the blood elf start area. :( Think I'll just get him a trial/starter account and if he likes the way the game plays, then I'll reactivate my account(s) and away we'll go!

On a side note.......we were looking at the character creation page last night and he said "I want to roll a human." To which I replied, "Not if you're married to me, you won't! For the Horde!" Yep, he looked at me like I had totally lost my mind......which just might happen somewhere in the BE start zone.

~Trin

12. Kyndig

Yea, when my (now) wife and I first met we played WoW together...we'd both done so much horde I let her convince me to play alliance...I still shudder at that. In all fairness I hadn't played since before WotLK and had 9 level 70 toons, all horde, at that point...I'm actually mildly happy that account has vanished into the ether.

13. triniti

Haha........I tried my hand at alliance once (gotta love that female night elf dance) anyway, we're out questing and I see a couple of taurens come down the road....since we're not having a lot of luck killing whatever-the-hell-it-was-we-were-trying-t0-kill, I decided to jump out and flag down some help. Not smart on a PvP server........but I had forgotten the Horde was now the enemy! I believe I was dead before my friend could even get "wait!" out of their mouth. Yep, still haven't lived that one down! Better just to live and die Horde (besides, that's the emblem on my laptop. lol).

~Trin

14. Thermopyle

Thermopyle Penultimate Oligochaeta Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Good Story Bro.

Albeit, I cringe at anything related to Battle.Net.

I’ve paid my subs -
    Time after time -
    I’ve been suspended -
    But committed no crime -
    And bad mistakes
    I’ve made a few
    I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face -
    But I’ve come through

15. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

Triniti is a woman dude ... get it together

16. Kyndig

Rule 30, burden of proof rule 31...;-)

17. triniti

Haha.......there's proof on here somewhere...I think I posted my wedding pic, I've been known to jump on mumble......and Para can confirm my daughter's definitely on here. :) BTW, Para, she's doing some hosting for E3.....more vids to come! lol

~Trin