Tree of Savior

Discussion in 'Tree of Savior' started by EdgarAllanPop, Nov 7, 2015.

1. EdgarAllanPop

EdgarAllanPop Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Team name : Ligeia.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Normally for a chapter to be Tenacious a community officer needs to volunteer to lead it.

Going to post today to gauge the interest. I'm trying to research on exactly how the guilds can be formed and whatnot. I know you need to be a Templar but I'm curious if once created then that person can transfer leadership to another. If that's the case then I see people creating guilds for others as a business.

In any case really enjoyed playing last night. Still working on what I want to play.

3. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Definitely appreciate the help, can't post in some of our forums for some reason but when I can I'll run it up the flagpole

Just have to go by our charter and community rules. I'm just a peon and I'll let the bigwigs know

4. Surrepo

Surrepo Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

We can still make a guild in-game even it isn't an official chapter for members to be a part of I would believe. Just wouldn't be official.

5. Shiala

I've posted and will see where it leads, been reading up and there is quite the investment to create the guild, besides having the Templar you'll need 10m silver to create, but it looks like there are a ton of benefits so it would be worth it.

My own feelings, not speaking for anyone, one of the reasons Tenacious has been so successful and been around so long is because of the structure, when we go into a game, whoever leads the chapter strives to represent Tenacious as a whole, whether it's a hardcore pvp game or just a casual care bear fest :) . Not that any of the members wouldn't do this, but the reason i feel they choose a community officer to lead is because that person has shown an investment in the community and everyone can be confident that the chapter will represent Tenacious values.

Since the game is so new and there is so little information about guilds at the moment, just will take a little time to get things in order.

Mendien likes this.
  6. EdgarAllanPop

EdgarAllanPop Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Regardless if we have an 'official' chapter or not; I'm enjoying the game and look forward to continue to do so with you guys. (Though I haven't had the pleasure of playing with anyone yet -- work life)

7. Shiala

I'll have news about this tomorrow probably, worked all day and gonna pass out :)

EdgarAllanPop likes this.
  8. Zawr

Zawr I'm the f**king Monarch! Loremaster Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

@Katmondi, as a community officer, has gone through the proper channels and requested to lead this chapter. He will be the chapter head and will lead this chapter in an official capacity. We welcome players to create unsanctioned chapters when there is no officer presence, but that is not the case in this situation. We do appreciate @Jaqen H'Gar taking the steps to ensure that Tenacious members would have a place to game together if no officer wanted to lead such a chapter, but @Katmondi has requested to lead same and it has been granted.

Please keep in mind that unsanctioned chapters are also not supported by Tenacious. We do not typically allow unsanctioned chapters to have Mumble channels or dedicated forums setup to use. While we tend to be pretty lenient and allow members playing an unsanctioned game together to jump into an unused Mumble channel to talk, we have to draw the line somewhere. Allowing non-officer members to create official chapters and recruit for their chapter would quickly drain our resources and create issues between members. Tenacious is a huge community that has been around for many many years and @Katmondi is correct when he says, "Tenacious has been so successful and been around so long is because of the structure."

You are free to start your own guild and enjoy the game however you like. Tenacious offers its members a community forum and a huge Mumble server that does not come cheap, and in order to uphold our community charter and code of ethics, we only allow voted upon community officers to lead official chapters, chapters that we are willing to support by creating dedicated forums and Mumble channels for. I hope you stick around for the long haul and work towards becoming a community officer if leading an official Tenacious chapter is something you want to do.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't handle it. While running a community chapter isn't easy and requires a lot of work to keep alive, it's certainly not rocket science and even a young adult could run a successful game chapter; and with your gaming experience dating back to 1996, I'm sure you would do very well in leading a guild. But, in order to run a successful Tenacious chapter, we require one thing; you must be a community officer voted in by your peers. Stick with us and help in whatever game you are playing and in-game officer roles could head your way. Become active on our forums and in Mumble and community officer roles could also be in your future.

Erica, Averie and Paradigm like this.
  9. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

@Zawr ... well said

@Jaqen H'Gar ... Tenacious survives because of it's structure. For 6.5 years, we've been a community ... unbroken, never disbanded and thriving, as Thermopyle says, "in all types of weather". We invite all players, including yourself, to call Tenacious home and to take the journey with us. You have an equal opportunity, as do all members, to put in the time, forum/game presence and dedication to become an officer one day as well.

Our name and our MMO and gaming reputation remains untarnished, and our structure requires an officer to lead all sanctioned chapters to ensure that. Our structure allows all players and members to enjoy a safe gaming environment, free of advertisement, donation solicitation and actively managed.

As @Zawr said, we don't sanction all games, but we do allow for casual gameplay in any game you find enjoyment in. However, our resources belong to Tenacious. Our website and it's private server, our VOIP and it's private server, our security software and our forums are all provided to all members at no charge.

I don't believe anyone has referred to you as a child, questioned your gaming experience or considered your contributions unappreciated. It's just structure. Without it, we fail like 99% of all communities that try to do what we do.

We require all members to read the Charter before accepting them into the community so that none of this ever comes as a surprise. We champion everyone's desire to have the best gaming experience possible, and we provide nearly all of the resources to do that.

Our structure has in-game rankings that allow a non-community officer to become an in-game officer at the request of the Chapter Lead. I'm sure everyone playing ToS can work with @Katmondi to make it an incredible endeavor ... and as chapter lead, he would be permitted by the Charter to name any Heroic Gamer (in game officer rank) that he wishes. It's a win win, that's why we put it in there.

Like @Zawr, I hope that you become a long time member and enjoy a community gaming experience that you can rest assured will always be around.

Averie likes this.