Tips or advice needed

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Unchained' started by Ravvynfall, Dec 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ravvynfall

Ravvynfall Reflexive Smartass Tenacious Gamer

Hey guys, as you may know, im very new to AAU. I am also brand new to mmo's as a genre.

I did lots of independent research just to learn what i can, and i still have questions that i havent found answers to on my own.

I decided that spellsong (sorcery\auramancy\songcraft) looked most appealing to me and so far it has been too, even had a few successful pvp encounters (yay).

The tree i am using looks like this (how did i do?) : http://archeage.mmodex.com/skill-calculator/#8abcdehjk2ef7abcdfhik

For gearing, i am running cloth and staff, not sure which instrument i should be using, i did upgrade my starter gear to heroic and made sure to roll intelligence on everything too.

I am proud to mention, i got my glider and upgraded it, got my mount and battle pet too! Not sure how or where to get armor for them though.

I am however still having difficulty with stuff like my skill rotations, figuring out optimal keybinds for my skills, what behaviors to develop for an mmo or even pvp in general.

A disclaimer, aau is the first game i ever found pvp actually interesting in, traditionally i avoid it like a plague, but not this time, it is actually fun!

So far i made it to level 34, quested my butt off til i found myself underleveled for the next quest, etc. I encountered pvp in one of the warzones, etc. Been upgrading my gear, may have even done that right lol

But figuring out how everything works has been confusing as hell for the most part.

Any advice would be immensely appreciated, thanks guys you have been amazing already :heart:

~Ravv

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Mishi likes this.
  2. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Heroic Gamer

I am not sure on the class, as thats preference. (Same with skill binds.)
    As for pet gear if I remember most can be bought from various NPC's, made from dungeon mats/crafted. Though I haven't gotten that far myself. (I know Im a scrub)

For gear follow your main quest, and upgrade, just wait for the last upgrade until you're level 40, so you don't take the gear above your level. (Awakening wise) Also DO NOT awaken to Hiram, once you reach that point until you have the stats you want. (It's much cheaper to reroll prior to Hiram.) Also above lvl55 mobs get much harder to kill when starting out. (Already, they get harder as one levels, just once you get to awakened mobs it's a different level of annoyance..lol)

Best behavior for an MMO/PvP to develop is: Don't get upset if ya die.
    (Much easier said than done.) Also unless going hardcore on AAU try to avoid the mentality of "Having" to keep up. Progressing is good, but don't make the game a chore/job or you'll burn out quickly.
    Another PvP behavior: Voice comms whenever possible. :D

Glad to hear you're having fun though :)

AmazonCheesecake and Ravvynfall like this.
  3. Ravvynfall

Fair points! I got camped earlier by an assassin-type, was annoying as all hell, but i didnt let it get to me (not as easy as it sounds lol), eventually i made it to my destination and the guards made them piss off and leave me be for a while. I completely get that having the right mindset goes a long way with enjoyment, and i noticed immediately how much it helps.

I will definitely make it a point to check merchants for pet gear, my wolf has been a huge help and i feel i should return the favor.

I did learn a cool trick today when i was securing my first pvp kill. It turns out, when mounted and you make it sprint, you can play music (songcraft) and use your speed buff to make your mount move exponentially faster.

I was able to catch up to that filthy red in about a minute, and they were half way to hellswamp hahaha i cant help but find aau endlessly fascinating and confusing for sure :)

4. Esfahan

Esfahan Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Well you already have more situational awareness than I did starting out. This game will overwhelm you, so don't let that bother you. Concentrate on the areas you enjoy. Couple areas that I would recommend, try to do the Archepass and Blue Salt quests. For the Arche pass, use the 6 daily rests so you can try to get quests you are doing anyway as you level (for example killing monsters). You did not mention crafting/farming etc, but that is a important part of the game, even if only doing it casually. The blue Salt quests all center on that and are a key source for resources as you level, There is also a Blue Salt quest line you should be doing in concert with the main story line.

I have alts your level so if you need any help this weekend let me know and be glad to group up.

Ravvynfall likes this.
  5. Ravvynfall

For vocations i am doing gathering, fishing and mining. I currently suck at crafting but collecting hasnt been too hard so far

as for group, that would be awesome :D

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  6. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Heroic Gamer

You are a glutton for punishment lol.
    Time sink FTW!

But, If you have any questions about mining, let me know.
    As a plus with mining you can get: all ores, all gems, gilda, armor and weapon tempers, and synthesizers. Plus bank pebbles for the gear after Hiram. :D

Ravvynfall likes this.
  7. Ravvynfall

Im gonna be honest, with the new exile system update that rolled out, im gonna be busting my ass off rolling a new warborn alt to transition into a main.

I have also been considering a few new options for vocations as well. This thought had came to me while ripping through the blue salt questline pretty hard today. Made it to 36 on my new toon, and i realized that being exclusively a resource gatherer was an awful decision.

Part 1 of the plan: figure out what i need for getting a home/farm running.

Part 2: actually getting one built

Part 3: lots of alchemy w\ plants for it on said farm. Mining will just be something on the side to fill in the gaps as i learned lots of valuable resources come from mining, and it is always good to have sources of potions for the guild.

As for my build, thanks to some pretty helpful feedback on mumble, i definitely need to consider making adjustments to have decent survivability as well as solid damage output.

Already got to say, loving warborn, and loving how much i am learning, both in part to my own experimenting and all the help you guys have been giving me :heart:

Mishi likes this.