The Repopulation Survey

Discussion in 'The Repopulation' started by Wytch, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Wytch

Wytch Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

The Repopulation is an MMO currently in development (and playable in alpha/beta). It is a sandbox oriented MMORPG with an eye on innovation. Rather than forcing players down preset paths they are instead allowed to walk the path which they enjoy the most. With a variety of combat oriented and non-combat activities to pursue, we believe we’ve created a game that can stand the test of time.

https://www.therepopulation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4886

Just in case any of you are interested in playing...feedback is great and a chance to win a beta key for those who haven't yet backed the project.

2. Vanye

Vanye Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hadn't heard of this until you posted it. This sounds like what I have been looking for and some of my ideas for an open world sandbox seem to be a reality here.

3. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

I've been on the alpha/beta of this since last November, I've been playing occasionally but semi-written it off as too hardcore for my life these days. That said, it's a great game.

If I had to say one thing about it, it's that it's the most player friendly, customizable game I've seen in years. I originally made a post on it a year or so ago, but there wasn't a serious interest. With the AA crowd that's been coming in, that may have changed - it probably appeals to the same general mindset, just in a sci-fi setting with a bit more freedom.

4. Wytch

Wytch Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I've been in/out of the Repop alpha since about November as well. That's pretty much why I joined AA, to practice some PVP for Repop. Ultimately of course AA is much more polished and will probably release sooner. I'd say AA and Repop are pretty much equal in regards to "hardcore" since you can avoid PVP to some extent in both if you wish. The crafting will be much more involved in Repop. I think I would enjoy crafting and gathering more in Repop since there is no labor pool restriction (at the moment anyway), plus I've been waiting since SWG for a good sci-fi MMO.

I think Repop would be a great future game for Tenacious. And much like AA having a big guild that is planning for release would be beneficial.

5. LiquidElectron

LiquidElectron Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

If 70% of what the Repop guys say about their game actually happens, I'll likely drop AA for it like a hot potato.

6. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Amen to that

7. Peppermint

Peppermint Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I've been watching it more closely lately and I agree that the crafting will be much more fun in Repop and I also see myself joining it, leaving AA if it holds true to what they envision.

8. EdgarAllanPop

EdgarAllanPop Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I would say the same; but it is far too early to hype up this game. Claims are easy; results will vary. Peter Molyneux - for example.

9. Monte

Monte Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

It does look good. Been fooled before, so will wait till I get some game time to make a full choice.

10. Peppermint

Peppermint Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I hear you guys, I was disappointed a lot in the past with buying pre-orders and collector's edition and finally only playing 3 months before realizing that meh, game was not bad but not what I was hoping it would be. Hence why I keep an eye but don't rush anymore. AA is my last gamble.

11. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I'm gonna have a look. I like AA, but don't like the global cd on the skills, the way they're going with the Labour points, and the armor. I've never liked Trion's idea about armor design - boring.

I'll take a look at this and see what it may hold.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

12. Zawr

Zawr I'm the f**king Monarch! Loremaster Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

For what it's worth, Trion has nothing to do with the art design. It's a Korean game that Trion brought to the Western market.

13. Kyndig

I'm redownloading the alpha right now; wonder if I'm still included in the testing, I haven't touched it in months...

14. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

You suck :D let me know how it is

15. Kyndig

tbh at the moment I'm just getting it 'cause the MC servers are down and the new Civ game's not out yet...

16. LiquidElectron

LiquidElectron Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I used to think you were an okay dude. Now I am not so sure.

17. Clutch

Clutch Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I love the setting of AA, especially the seafaring and underwater world which is too rare in MMOs these days. Not to mention the trade aspects.

If Repop has this much depth in addition to combat and crafting, I'll definitely give it a run!

18. Kyndig

When I played it before it was so rough it was impossible to play - the controls were wonky, the graphics were hard to look at, mechanics were missing, etc. Looking at my email, that was apparently a year ago (alpha phase 2 and 3). Looks like I was just in for a couple alpha phases though, can't get into the current beta. Ah, well.