Tenacious Times of War

Discussion in 'Black Desert Online' started by Cadavr3, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Cadavr3

Cadavr3 #1 cheeseburgers Legendary Gamer Warframe Chapter Lead Veteran Member

Hello everyone!

I am making this post in response to everyone who has concerns on where we have and will be planting our fort for node wars.

Almost a year ago, the officers of Tenacious asked everyone to take a poll. A poll that would decide on the fate of how Tenacious would be going about all future node wars. The poll consisted of 3 possible answers. To push ourselves to become a stronger guild to compete in higher tiers. To stay the same, dont care about strength but just like node wars. Or "I dont care, I just want to life skill and hang out with friends." The overwhelming majority of the guild all wanted the first choice.

That has been our attitude ever since. To keep pushing while still keeping our Tenacious charm. To say "we dont care that other hardcore guilds require gear score. We are going to be a force to be reckoned with regardless." And that is what we will keep doing. Recently we as a whole have made some leaps and bounds in terms of average gearscore and overall strength and coordination. That is why you have seen us plant on T2 nodes the past 2 weeks. Because we know we are strong, but it's a matter of knowing how strong.

What we learned from the past 2 weeks is this: As long as a siege guild (like Eviscerate and BlackRose) are not planted on us we have a serious chance at winning. One of the best wars of the year was last week when we fought Resbak. It was a long, hard fought war that ended with Tenacious being the victor. We learned that even in T2's other guild's will still ally against us because we can be the biggest threat. And to quote @Xeins as far as our fight with Legatum: "Legatum was much closer than people think without a coordinated defense. We had them with no buildings and also doing fort damage."

I know that it feels like we have been losing more than we are winning, but thats just the way it is sometimes. I also recognize that we have some members who are a lot less geared than most and we want to have you guys in mind too. So we are left with 2 options. Plant on T1's and stomp everyone who doesnt team up on us, and if they do team up on us we likely lose. Or plant on T2's and have closer fights, and if they team up on us we will likely lose.

The answer is as I said after Tuesday's war. We will do both. We will plant on T1's early in the week until we have 1 or 2 victories, and then we will look for T2's.

I know that losses can feel discouraging. Especially after getting curb stomped by a guild like BlackRose. But we have to take these losses in stride and use them to our advantage as examples of how far that gear score gap is and how we can do better. So we will keep pushing to be better. Pushing to be better at shot calling. Pushing to be better at cannons. Pushing to be better at fort placement. Pushing our gear as far as we can. All the while keeping our Tenacious ways. Because in the end that's who we are.

Let's go clap some fools

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Averie, Monte, Xeins and 9 others like this.
  2. Rinzzler

Rinzzler Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

would be interesting to pop into a normal node, see what happens there, I know the guilds may be lower than us there but there's always like 4+ on a normal node, :O could be fun

3. Cadavr3

You know that every one of them will definitely team up on us right? lol

4. Qigang

Qigang Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet. Tenacious Gamer

The only problem there is with normal nodes is that we can't just pop into one; we'd have to pop in the entire week.

5. LoganSilver

LoganSilver Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer

Note: @Cadavr3 's post is the Tenacious position. This post is my opinion, which largely tracks with the other post.

Just to clarify, there are normal (beginner) nodes and Conquest nodes. Conquest nodes have tiers (like T1, T2, etc). Normal nodes are a new thing that never existed before. You can go up tiers in Conquest nodes, but you can't do a normal node and a conquest node. Our guild is too large and geared to do normal nodes unless we are looking to stomp people.

Conquest T1 and T2 nodes are where we will get good fights. For Conquest T1s, we will be among the stronger guilds to place. We will generally get grouped against, though stronger guilds sometimes place here. We can sometimes get a good fight (i.e. lose or win a close fight) and sometimes stomp the opponent.

We are on the average side for a Conquest T2 guild. This means we will win less than half the fights. Why? More than 2 guilds on average place on these nodes. Occasionally, we will win against a snipe guild and sometimes get stomped by siege guilds. Yes, siege guilds place here, but so do guilds that are not siege guilds. We will occasionally get stomped and sometimes have a good fight (i.e. close win or loss).

I view a good fight as more important than winning. Winning in 10 minutes sucks just as much as losing in 10 minutes. Everything else being equal, winning is nice, but it's a very small aspect as having fun (close fights) is most important (the way I see it). Some people may argue that we need a 100 man guild with 540+ average gear score for T2s. Sure, this is true if we want to stomp the opponents. But that has never been our goal. Our goal is to have good fights.

We also have to factor that fights get easier later in the week (Sunday = start of week and Friday = end of node war week since Saturday is siege). Why? Guilds that own multiple nodes will only be able to bring a few people to the fight. This means if we own 1 node or less on Friday, we could potentially beat a much stronger guild on Friday. Why? We can bring 60-80, while they may only be able to bring 20-60. This would be a good example of what happened with Spartan this Friday. They did not full build their fort and had less than half our numbers. Why? They could only bring a few people to the fight. Conversely, Sunday wars are harder. Why? Everyone can bring their whole roster.

Mix all of this with the fact that more T2s and T3s are available Sunday (makes Sunday a bit easier to get one than Monday or Tuesday) and that Territory owning guild cooldowns to drop to alt guilds restricting access to Sunday wars, Sunday T2s and T3s are not as bad as Monday or Tuesday. But winning a T2 on Sunday locks us in to T2s all week.

I mention all of the above because we need to consider: 1) Where we get good fights; 2) How we can maximize our member's ability to fight; and 3) Income from nodes (less of a concern now due to SMH and guild funds). This means sometimes picking a T2 on Sunday. If we win, we are locked into T2s all week. If we lose, maybe a T1 on Tuesday and a T2 on Friday. The Sunday node may be T1 or T2 depending on where other guilds plant (i.e. how many forts plant in specific nodes). And none of this is an absolute rule and the officer in charge of Planting on a specific day makes the final call based on where other forts are planted.

TLDR: We are not a beginner node planting guild. We are a Conquest T1/T2 guild. Placing on both those nodes are appropriate.

6. Cadavr3

This is not actually true anymore. This used to be the case, but we can in fact plant on a T1 even if we win a T2 prior that week.

Qigang likes this.
  7. LoganSilver

LoganSilver Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer

So outside of beginner nodes we can move up and down Conquest tier nodes?

Thanks for the correction.