Suggestions On Progression

Discussion in 'Guides' started by LoanWolf, Jun 27, 2018.

1. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

This is just a bit of advice from someone whos made a ton of mistakes in this game and may be able to assist others looking to reach closer to end game (as I see we have a ton of 45s now)

Step 1 – Get main story to level 36. This means doing hunts/ solo dungeons and main story quests in order to increase your experience. There are plenty of ways to do this, one of the easier ones is any time you see a mob you’ve never killed before kill 12 of them. Good exp there. I believe level 37 you get a new weapon but for this guide its not necessarily necessary. After you get your main story unlocked to the dustbowl you can hold off on main story.

Step 2 – Do hunts, do hunts, hunts. The amount of hunts you need to do will easily take your exp to 45. Spend your time doing Wyvern Vallery > Curia > Dustbowl > Bleached Desert > Northern Salstus. To do all of them in a day is a ton of time and effort so start with 1 and do 2 if you can. Hunts don’t require you to have gear as it is mainly raid based. Join raids with either guildies (even 6-10 people raids make hunts fly by) or ones advertised in faction chat. Use Faction Chat! It’s an older mmorpg and that is your basic group finder.

Step 3 – Gearing up. Ideally at this point you have hit level 45 and you have done a bunch of hunts. First you want to buy your blue 45 weapon(s). Each weapon has a unique effect to it that can be pretty massive so take your time to read a few and pick whatever you enjoy. Because you have done all these hunts you will have a ton of crytals that turn into condensed stones to upgrade these weapons straight to +10. Once weapons are plus +10 then you will focus on your armor pieces. You want your level 37 blue armor set. Every piece of armor has its own rune slot on it. There are certain runes that are ideal for each class (Don’t over think it but if you are a beserker Ability Power is useless to you) Make sure you try to get ride of as many useless rune slots as possible. Once you are stasfied with your runes (by either running and rerunning the level 37 dungeon OR making an armorsmith and constantly crafting your pieces then work on getting all of these items to +10. If you don’t have enough matierals, MORE HUNTS!

Step 4- Before you start getting into end game dungeons you should have +10 weapons and I would say 50% of you armor +10 or higher with all of your runes slotted. Generally speaking the level 45 dungeon is a good starting dungeon to attempt. Don’t over think it and bring a group in! Each boss has mechanics which a simple guide can explain but try to take a party that has every class (zerk, pally, ranger, guardian, mage). This is not to say this is the strongest comp, but drops are rare and you are limitied to how many times you can run each day so if something drops its good if someone can use it. If you aren’t having trouble from the 45 then you can also add in the level 43 dungy which is a little shorter but has a few less forgiving mechanics. After that you can attempt the Elite 31 dungeon which has more unforgiving mechanics and will drop you your purple weapons.

Don’t be afraid of content in this game, take your time with it and make sure to have fun. That’s the biggest advice I can give. Also, a bit of a side note, the high level dungeons give a ton of guild experience as well, so lets try to get more guild parties for them!

Mishi, Daenerys and Averie like this.
  2. Patriarch

Patriarch Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Matriarch and myself (Firstborn) have yet to even step foot in a lvl 43-45 dungeon. However we do all the hunts we can to keep the guild exp flowing. Time is such an issue for us. Even though we play quite a bit it is usually in short spurts so to speak. Starting next week we'll have a lot of straight playtime on Mon-Wed. Will pop into mumble and see if anyone would like to venture in with us.

Mat's score is 8650, I'm only at 7000. The 37 dungeon for like many of us has been extremely unkind with drops. Been trying to get some stuff off the AH, but the sniping is real! We try to be snipers ... but never seem to have any luck!

Really enjoying the game though. Just doing the hunts, bg's, and crafting has been a lot of fun.

3. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hunts is the best thing you can be doing at this time. Since getting materials to craft the armor is not difficult I do suggest making an armor smithing alt so you can pump out those armors for the type you want. The 45 and 43 dungeon are SUPER FUN! Its difficult though and it does require a certain gs to enter, I forget what it was but for some reason I think its around 8200. Which is doable with a bunch of gear at +10 and also having your ruins stocked. Ive only been back a few days and did 1-2 hunts the last 5 days and did a bunch of dungies. Those high level dungies give great guild exp as well! What classes do you guys play?

Patriarch likes this.
  4. Patriarch

Mage and she is a Pally. And I think I would need 3 grudge soul extract to make my missing 3 pieces.

5. CranberryJeus

CranberryJeus Just a bit Fruity Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

For chest pants and boots going to the 31 set with the right rune is still pretty good you lose a little gs but fighting efficiency doesn't really go down at all. It definitely takes a while staring at the marketplace though

Patriarch likes this.
  6. Patriarch

Thanks Cran, did not think of that.