Stress test tonight (Friday 9/28) through Sunday this weekend!

Discussion in 'Ashes of Creation' started by Bambi, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Bambi

Bambi Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

2. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

Was able to watch some of this, looked really fun!

3. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Yeah I get some people a private show. It was fun, some of the skills are really interesting to use. Bows and spells > Melee though so hopefully that changes. As it felt like you couldnt really stick to players well. Im sure ccs will balance this.

4. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

They keep saying that CC isn't going to be a huge thing in PvP ... no long stun locks, paralyzes, etc; Maybe just a root or a quick snare but they are trying to get away from players being out of control of their toons, which I'm on the fence about. I like them both, but I prefer interrupts, blind and silence over roots, stuns and sleep. Playing an assassin most of my MMO career though, I still giggle snort at being able to stun lock someone from 100-0 ... it's wood inspiring. Interested to see how they progress in their intentions.

The current state of ranger is broken though ... you almost have to lead your target lol

5. Bambi

Bambi Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Now, see, that's what I LIKE about this action combat with the bows and xbows. ;) You DO have to lead shots on moving targets. They're going to put enough stamina demand on jumping so that one just can't bounce around all day long like a rubber idiot. Bow combat is all about shooting where you *think* they're going to be by the time it gets there.

I'm good with that, I've had enough practice with it to get a decent hit rate going. Now my subtype is going to be Mage, Ranger Mage, so that when my arrows hit, they'll have some nasty AOE spell attached to them that will go off where they land. ;)