Still Patiently Waiting

Discussion in 'The Repopulation' started by Storm, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Storm

Storm Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I'm still patiently waiting for The Repopulation. I played a lot early on, but have set it aside to avoid burnout. I expect I'll jump back into it this fall. I'm really looking forward to the new HE Upgrade and it's impact on the graphics. I think it will support DX 11.

2. Vanye

Vanye Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

The game is constantly improving, which to me is a good sign for it's longevity when it finally releases. Another big update coming on Tuesday.

3. Thermopyle

Thermopyle Penultimate Oligochaeta Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Thanks for the notice, Vanye.

I think I may fire it up toward the middle of the week just to see how it drives these days.

4. Vanye

I recommend creating a new character to at least experience the new beginning tutorial area. So much better than starting the game waking up in an underground bunker.

5. Kinson

Kinson Epic Gamer Epic Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

I will restart again sometime this week as well.

6. josua

josua Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

they redid the starting area again? I just played like 2 months ago and it was still the bunker.

7. Vanye

You wake up on a transport that has been shot down out in the middle of nowhere and are under fire by hostiles. Trial by fire!

8. Storm

Apparently there was indication on a Q&A stream this weekend that Go-Live will be 1Q2016. I don't have a second confirmation yet, but just keeping anyone interested up to date.

Mendien likes this.
  9. Vanye

I watched that Stream. They are trying to stream every Saturday at 3pm EST. They are pushing for Beta by the end of the year and release 3-6 months after that. Right now it looks like the biggest hurdle is a new version of HeroEngine. Apparently there are some problems with the latest version and until all the bugs are fixed they are holding off on using it.

I am hoping that whatever version they are playing with on their own test servers is much better than what they have us playing with. It is still extremely buggy and makes certain aspects of the game frustrating to do.

10. Boanz

Boanz Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hey guys, long time no talk. So this is one I've been keeping an eye on and interested in. Here's my big question. PVP: is it in the game yet? How is it in general (smooth, intricate, too simple, etc.)? What other game would you compare the mechanics to? Is there any sort of PVP gear or will there just be gear, and some kinds work betere in PVP? Thanks in advance to answering any or all my questions. I may look into getting an acount to look into it myself, but I too don't want to get burned out on it before it releases.

11. Vanye

Wish I could answer your questions, but I have not attempted any PvP. Never really been my thing except when I was bored with doing other things in an MMO. And except for the 1st couple of zones, which are PvP free, I have not done much more exploring. Unlike other games where I went balls to the wall in Alpha, Beta, I want to keep this as fresh as possible for release. I know the basics of the game and look forward to diving into it on release and not before.

12. Storm

I'm also keeping my playtime in this game low until Release. I haven't experienced PvP yet either. But I am following the game closely. The biggest issue right now is that there are not enough people logged in to really start testing that aspect. They just closed the West Coast server to be repackaged as the Hardcore Server. So I expect you will see a pickup in PvP at that time.

13. Storm

Also saw this update:

14. josua

josua Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

So, I have been playing this a bit more and am pretty happy with how its coming. Wanted to get an idea for combat build and which crafting/harvesting I want to specialize in. I am only experiencing lag/chop at zone lines which is a known issue, otherwise I am getting pretty solid frames.

I love the new in game database. Really turned me from hating the crafting to really enjoying it.

This game is really going to be centered around the PVP/player cities/guilds. So, with launch looking to be Q1 2016, how many Tenacious does anyone think will be playing?

15. Within

Within Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

I bought in, but I have to play a little again to check my interest.

16. BLUD

BLUD Shit Stirrer Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Are they going to finish the game before they release it ? That will be my main question when considering any future MMOs. The Repopulation looks interesting and appears to have some potential. After reading the posts here and also some steam reviews I think Q1 2016 is very optimistic. Unless they follow the lead of SO MANY other games and say "Meh, just launch it as is ... those dumbshits (us gamers) will pay for it anyway." I have been burned quite a few times with Steam "early access" titles in the last couple of years. It seems that once the $ from early access sales are piled up the motivation for developers to finish the project often vanishes. Getting early access scammed on a 20 dollar or less single player title is irritating but MMOs tend to be more expensive in both dollars and time invested. Let us hope that is not the case for this one !

17. Kinson

Kinson Epic Gamer Epic Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

I will be playing no matter what at release. Hopefully they don't release in an unacceptable state, as Blud described. Otherwise it could be short lived.

18. Storm

Obviously no guarantees Blud, and I am sure they don't want it to slip too much more. But I am cautiously optimistic when I read responses like this from one of the Main Developers:

And I will definitely be playing at launch.

This is the part that slightly worries me. I hope it doesn't turn into an Eve-like Haves vs Have Nots. But not entirely sure how to avoid it either...