So, how did your first day go?

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Unchained' started by Blackadder, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Blackadder

Blackadder Tenacious Gamer

The AA:U servers went live apprx 4 or 5am here in Australia... I knew I wouldn't be able to play on them before work.

So, I went to work and kept up to date largely through Reddit. Wow... looks like it was SUPER hard to get onto Wynn during the day, US time.

When I got home from work, I had some dinner, watched some TV, then slipped onto Wynn. The queue was sub-10 people.

Knocked my way through to 15 doing green quests and... that's enough for today. I'm quite tired. Happy I made a start though.

How'd you guys go?

Attached Files:

• AA.jpg
      AA.jpg
      File size:
      699.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Danaus

Danaus Tenacious Gamer

Fought the queues early on and managed to get on around 1:50ish EST. Had to remote into my home PC from work to do it, but stayed online most of the day (thought couldn't do much while at work). Got home and managed to grind up to 31 before the game crashed about 9pm EST. With a 3 hour queue, I called it a night at that point.

At least on track for my plans. Was hoping to hit 30 on release night. Goal is get a group and push for 40 tonight (queue's allowing) and then finish up to 50 tomorrow night. That leaves Friday & Saturday morning to grind up to 55 and work on gilda if I still need for Saturday. So... fingers crossed!

Blackadder and AmazonCheesecake like this.
  3. Shiversquall

Shiversquall Tenacious Gamer

Queued, disconnected - repeat and repeat. Got in a bit this morning before work finally but then server maintenance was announced. It will smooth out after a few days...o_Oo_O

4. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Chapter Lead

Tuesday: Queued in, sat in Queue and server crashed, so I went to bed for work.
    Went to work 11pm-7am.
    Today I'm waiting on maintenance to finish to play. :D

5. Sagenas

Sagenas Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I was extremely lucky, i got in with no queue when it launched, and went hard for 5 hours, then game crashed, got back in 5 mins, continued till midnight when it crashed again.
    Managed to create the guild and all, woot woot.

6. AmazonCheesecake

AmazonCheesecake "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

Game launched at 12:eek:opm CST, and I worked until 5:00pm, so I kept up to date on Discord and hopped on Mumble later on.

I remotely queued up around 3:30pm, and by the time I got home, I only had about 30 mins to wait.

I was able to get my character up to level 31 without any disconnects. A few of us even participated in some Halcyona war time, which was fun. I was able to play for quite a few hours, went to bed around 3:30am, so running on 5 hours of sleep today. :D

I was hoping to get my alt to 30 as well, but I took more time helping others and chatting, so that's fine.

Mishi and Blackadder like this.
  7. Druzy

Druzy Kaisce Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Got in during the first few hours, immediately crashed cause I apparently couldn't handle the crowd of players on max graphics. Got in again, played for a few hours to 30, crashed when I got to halcy because there was a lot of people and I still had it on max graphics. Took a nap, queued again, lowered the graphics, and was able to play hard through the night.
    Good god, the pvp was on fire last night into the morning. I was even able to help gank a few of you in Hellswamp. :p
    I love seeing Archeage this bumping again.

8. Gimmick

Gimmick Tenacious Gamer

Got home from work at 11pm (Australian time), maintenance for 90 mins /sadface. Maintenance ended and jumped straight on. Game play was smooth with zero lag or disconnects. Levelled to 17ish by 2am and joined Tenacious the Third of it's name, now I'm sub 1000 in queue and hoping to get a couple of hours in before work this afternoon. Three days off after this so will be trying to remote queue while I'm about doing errands to maximise leveling time :)
    Oh and playing POE while waiting for the queue. Great game to waste some time in!

9. EdgarAllanPop

EdgarAllanPop Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Day 1: I managed to get in after a few hours of waiting and hit level 30.

Day 2: Could not log in due to queue + disconnecting while in said queue.

Blackadder likes this.
  10. Blackadder

Blackadder Tenacious Gamer

Attached Files:

Mishi likes this.
  11. CougarX6

CougarX6 Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Came home early from work on Tues and ended up not getting in game until 5 o'clock (if I alt-tabbed out while in queue I would get kicked to server select and had to start all over), but was able to play for most of the night. Yesterday afternoon came home early again and didn't get in game until 3 o'clock, but game crashed around 6 o'clock and with the queue couldn't get back in until almost 11 o'clock. Today, came home normal time and still didn't get in game until almost 7 o'clock due to queue and getting kicked to server select again. My wife and I are both 32 or 33 and I got us both the 8 x 8 farm from Halcyona tonight (wife has to get up early for work tomorrow, so I ran it for both of us). Seems like I've spent more time in queue than actually playing the game. Just hope after all is said and done, we're able to get some land so we can farm.

Blackadder likes this.
  12. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Chapter Lead

Update:
    Came home Wednesday, got in no queue after maintenance. Hit lvl 18 and game crashed. (Went to bed for work after..lol)

Thursday came home, logged in and had no queue (8am Eastern), hit level 31 and went to bed for work again. (Queue was at 6 people by 10, and 138 by 10:30am...lol I relogged cause sound bug.) :p
    Having fun, overwhelmed as Im new to AAU, but having fun is the key.

Blackadder likes this.