Sakura Build

Discussion in 'Tech Support & Showroom' started by Shiala, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Ok so it's time to start planning a new pc build. With Hannah doing home school she really needs her own pc so the plan is to try and build a new gaming rig and give mine to Jacob (will be an upgrade) and give his pc (Para's old pc still going strong) to Hannah for school.

Jacob is playing FFXIV and will be in WoW Classic so he really wants to upgrade so it works for everyone. My budget is higher then I want, but I really want to learn from my mistakes on my first build and build a pc I'll love for years to come. Please let me know any thoughts you have, or if I can improve it. I'll be starting to get pieces over the next few months as I can and hope to build it around Christmas.

As the name suggests it will be primarily white with pink accents, including this gpu backplate and support bracket.

Screenshot_2019-08-11 Sakura GPU Backplate - V1 Tech.png Screenshot_2019-08-11 Sakura GPU Support Bracket - V1 Tech.png

Found a site where they do cable mod kits in the right color as well!
    Screenshot_2019-08-11 Neon Pink Paracord Sleeved Extensions.png

Here's a pick of a this case with a white build, mine will be different in it will have less black, and the other accents but you can get an idea.

Screenshot_2019-08-11 (1300) Frosty PC - Time Lapse Build - YouTube.png Screenshot_2019-08-11 (1300) Frosty PC - Time Lapse Build - YouTube.png

PcPartpicker

Edit: For some reason the original one I linked was incorrect, had way to much stuff so I fixed it and it's a bit more reasonable now lol. Somehow I had a $500 nvme drive on there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Switch, Zorph, Paradigm and 2 others like this.
  2. Within

Within Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

The backplate and bracket look pretty awesome.

I really like white builds

Shiala likes this.
  3. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

are you going AMD or Intel?

4. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Amd to fit the budget. I'd go intel but it just jacks up the cost too much.

5. Shiala

So thinking of picking this up for a boot drive, then using the existing 500g ssd I have for now for storage with plans on upgrading to a 1 or 2tb ssd later. Thoughts? According to reddit it's a good drive, but never heard of the brand before.

6. Within

I recently upgraded to a 2TB Intel SSD and was concerned about some of its specs since it used QLC flash and was cheap. But after doing a little digging I don't think it will be an issue for me. I have seen the Sabrent brand recommended by a few websites and vloggers, I think it would be fine.

In this guys review, one of the Sabrents is his recommendation (although he did spell the name wrong)

7. Shiala

Thanks, I thought $40 for a boot drive that doesn't take up any extra space was a good deal, just wanted to be sure. I have a 500g ssd now, so between them that will get me by till I can find a 1 or 2tb ssd on sale.

Within likes this.
  8. Within

That is the way I built my last system. I only mentioned my new drive because I was worried it was cheap and maybe a bad choice. Sabrent gives a 5 year warranty and should last longer, by then you will have replaced it.

Shiala likes this.
  9. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

The SSD is fine, but if you are only ever going to use it to boot ... you'd be fine with a 128g

10. Shiala

yeah hadn't thought of that. Been watching too many build videos lately lol, my brain is turning to mush. Just watched a video about EK Fluid's water cooling kits. They're like $239 for a kit that will cool both the cpu and gpu. Seems like a great deal but it's black, so wouldn't vibe with the theme.

11. Shiala

Thinking of changing the case to a Lian Li 011 dynamic, would give me more options for motherboard and whatnot. Also if I ever wanted to try water cooled it's pretty much built for it. Here's a pic of a nice white build using parts that I want.

It needs intake fans at the bottom and it'd be exactly like what I want to build.

[​IMG]

12. Paradigm

That's one of the best cases on the market. It would be a good choice

Shiala likes this.
  13. Within

Funny you should mention it. I like the case a lot. Works with air, but like you said you can change to a custom loop in the future. Really easy to build in. Mine is currently a work in progress with a mix of old and new components. I have white sleeved cables and a couple other cosmetic parts I have to add when I have time.

IMG_20190817_223533.jpg IMG_20190817_223553.jpg

14. Shiala

That looks so clean, yeah gonna shoot for this case.

15. Shiala

Still a ways from being able to buiild, but I did reach a goal today I've had for a long time, I got dual monitor setup! Just in time for WoW!! IMG_0708.jpeg

Within likes this.