sad

Discussion in '7 Days to Die' started by Enpur, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Enpur

Enpur Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

seems our online numbers have dwindled to near 0. :(

2. josua

josua Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Yeah, these games are hard to keep going for long.

Personally, i feel that when it is not about survival anymore(you have a z proof base, sniper rifle, 3 months of food and water, etc.) it is no fun. Some people disagree and it is all about the base building for them, but it seems people stop playing as soon as the survival part is gone.

AmazonCheesecake likes this.
  3. Mendien

Mendien I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

So next wipe will be PvP..and maybe limit the map generation size to keep it active.

4. Anric

Anric Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Definitely want to look at Valmod Overhaul. Max and I playtested it. I have spent 3 nights so far on a roof of a bank due to everything being gated behind skill level. Granted, we did learn that if you make log cabin blocks, it helps getting skill up to making frames. The survival aspect is much more heightened, though. . Also, I just found out there is a program that actually makes it even easier to run mods for the game. http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

5. Mendien

Mendien I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

@Anric Go ahead and post some info in a new thread for this. What you feel is the most different (int eh overhaul) and lets see how those that play feel about it. PvP will be enabled on the next server though regardless.

6. AmazonCheesecake

AmazonCheesecake "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Valmod is fun and definitely an interesting twist.

The same guy also made one called... classic horde survival. It is similar and also fun, but it's main feature is that zombies walk always, are only killed with heady shots, and there are waaaaaay more of them.. While they are not running, the added number makes for a TWD type challenge. Watch your back, or you'll be overwhelmed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. Anric

Anric Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Ok, I did.

8. Mendien

That sounds cool, so I assume no client mod? Maybe we test out this version? Any increased difficulty is good to me!

9. AmazonCheesecake

I am not sure. If Valmod doesn't have one, then I'd suspect CHS doesn't either.

I don't remember if he shared links to the mods, but here you go for each if you want to read:

Valmod
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack

Classic Horde Survival
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?42312-CHS-Classic-Horde-Survival

Like I said, the mechanics are basically the same for crafting and what recipes are locked. I didn't play CHS as much, but it certainly gave a different type of difficulty. No running at night, but man when you're not paying attention and they surround you, it can get pretty hairy... It also helps you clean up your headshots quite a bit, considering if you can't make them, you're screwed. :D

OH, one thing I forgot to mention about CHS, is that it is more of a nomadic style mod, or at least they encourage it. There is more food loot, no farming, no forge, no steel weapons... but there are more of these things in loot, and plants growing for you to find... SO this one may not be for everyone, since it's not one where you can build huge bases and stuff like normal. That might sway your decision. Lol.

10. Mendien

CHS seems another full color version, but I'm going to test it out locally, seems awesome.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

11. AmazonCheesecake

Now if you could get valmod with the walking massive number of zombies from CHS, that would be like the perfect game. LOL. I enjoy Base building in farming to much. Although, when I played CHS on a local game it was pretty fun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mendien likes this.
  12. Mendien

I wonder how he modded to only die from headshots. We could change to always walk.

13. AmazonCheesecake

Do zombies have different hitboxes on different limbs? I mean, if you can blow off a leg, not killing them while changing their mode of movement, I would think it would have to be something like that? Maybe he dropped the amount of damage done to every other body part, and slightly increased to the head? I dunno...

14. Mendien

Ah yep, I didnt' even think of that...it's been there for a while now..duh.

15. AmazonCheesecake

Lol no worries. I was just assuming that's how he tweaked settings, since I believe mos of his changes are in an XML file, if I remember right.

I'm not typically a big mods person for most games. But I watch Games4Kickz quite a bit, and he has done a set of vids for each. I really liked how they didn't really change the heart of the game, and made it better in some ways...

Did you say you had a Valmod server live? If so, I didn't see one last night.

16. Mendien

Not sure if it's still open to the Internet, check for tenacious in the name, says valmod in the name. I'm hiking tomorrow so will fix it if not showing too test out before I wipe and we start over.