Raider holiday availability

Discussion in 'Skyforge' started by Jenanna, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jenanna

Jenanna Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Due to the Avatar coming right over a holiday where historically, in games, people have family commitments that limit their game time, I thought it might help if the high end raiders put up their availability in one spot so we can work on downing the practice one and then the real one when it comes out.

hopefully we can get the fight quickly to the point we can carry others, but I have a feeling that the carry factor is going to be pretty extreme where the pay to win players will only be able to carry a few of the highest end other players. hopefully we can get it killed with 6 of our best and then just carry 4 through at a time :D

my availability will be 5pm up to 10pm (later if planned ahead so I can sleep when i get home from work) today through Wednesday.

will not be available Thursday to Saturday.

5pm to 2am again on Sunday

2. Jenanna

Jenanna Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Looking at the videos the fight is pretty tough as well as the fights leading up to the boss and the core high end damage and support people might have trouble getting the rest of us through it. For example a person around 40k prestige just will not be able to contribute much to the fights even when scaled up. At the same note, lower prestige people grouping with others around the same range might be better off just from the way the monsters in this game scale up at the higher prestige.

Most of us did not pick out nodes on the atlas to be optimal for scaling, so when we get scaled up to the level of the pay to win guys, we are less effective as we will have less in the main damage stats. This means we do less damage and our buffs give less stats, thus we are overall less powerful than them. The higher our prestige is, the less scaled we are and less the power gap should be. This fight looks like it can be done with a core of 6 people, the three people that get god form plus the three people buffing them. The rest of the people are just helping them win, the more help these people provide the better the fight goes.

For example the menders reduce the reboot time, which is when people are in god form doing a large part of the damage in the fight. So the faster the outside group can kill menders the more time the inside group has to do damage.

I personally would love to get as many people their book from the avatar as possible, but this fight has me worried as to the amount of leeway the kill groups are going to have to be able to bring people through it. We wont know until the champion challenge stage hits, but I am pretty sure the first kill at least is going to require whomever is leading it to do a hand picked team of the strongest people they can get and once they have the fight down they will be able to start bringing the rest of us in as they are able. This isnt like other fights in the game where we can keep trying indefinitely, we have a limited available resource to use to fight him. Many of us may not get our books until the next time mechs show up.

3. Namru

Namru Instigator Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Great questions, Jenanna. My availability is spotty over the holidays as well; My GF is coming into town and dividing her time between seeing her family and spending time with me, so I'm not sure exactly when I'll be available myself, but will work to accommodate whatever is needed to work the schedule with others.

Thanksgiving day I likely won't be available at all. The following evenings I can make time for. I'd like to see more of the core group weigh in here, and I'll plan my schedule around everyone else's, assuming I am one of the people in the group - I don't think we've discussed who to include in the top-tier team yet, so my schedule may not impact things at all.

4. grouchy

grouchy Smiling on the inside Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Board Member Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

I am off Thursday and Friday, but will be at a relatives place on my laptop. Can try to help if necessary, but will not be able to play very well.

5. Wardova

Wardova Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I will be here with hubby, just us two pigging out mostly lol. Thursday is sketchy, but the other days I will be here, if deemed worthy to help :p Wed/Thurs/Fri I should be able to add some hefty stats and prestiege. It may be a lot easier Friday forward when we can grow more after reset. I have heard stories about this avatar, and it may just be that due to the holiday season we don't get it the first run, but we will knock it out of the park the next come around. It may just be play by ear time. We as a team can only try our best.

Namru, Zorph and Averie like this.
  6. auroran

auroran Epic Gamer Epic Gamer 2009 Original Member

you shall have my moral support every day but Thursday, i believe.

getting the pom poms ready!

Averie and Zorph like this.
  7. Overzealous

Overzealous Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Unsure if tuesday wednesday are part of the Avatar event but if they are i'll be on.

8. Zorph

Zorph Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Over Wednesday is when the Avatar lands, I am willing to try if we can get the training one done first.

Monday /Tuesday – going to organize an integrator/training avatar raid starting at 8 or 8:30 PM

Wednesday – I will probably work on capping and getting ready for Avatar fight. I will need to run an anomaly

Thursday – Family time

Friday – I would like to organize an avatar attempt if we can beat the training avatar by then easily.

9. Erekose

Erekose Skyforge IGN: Erekose Kane Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Any suggestions on which stats, symbols, etc to focus on for scaling purposes to take some of the burden off of the carryers?

10. Zorph

Zorph Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

I would not saying anyone will be carried if it is scaled. Everyone will need to do their part for us to be successful. You will want to min/max the class as much as possible. Don’t pump chapels up to get prestige; don’t put on higher level weapons to boost prestige this week. So if you are at 100k don’t put on a weapon to get to 110k that you won’t keep on all the time. But in general you probably won’t be doing much.

If you have a specific class you want to bring let me know in PM I am more than willing to help.

11. Wardova

Wardova Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I hope to bring my Lightbinder. It should not suffer from bloat and I have been studying when to use my abilities for Avatar and when to use cc clear and shield and gather the outside mobs up. I will delay upscaling my prestiege until after Thursday, until I can do Medea and get the next set of rings. I did manage to get max stat rings for my current prestiege. I need to do more study and godform work before I would ever feel comfy rocking alch for this. But I am going to see what it would take to head toward God's Tenacity, I may do that instead of boosting another rank of random x symbol in the divine atlas. I have purposely kept my prestiege low, I have two 20 chapels and rest are 19, with pure stats going in, vector work and ring boosting. I will check with Cranberry to see if I am missing anything. May Tenacious be blessed with BLESSING of TENACITY!! :D