Raft!

Discussion in 'General Games' started by BigHussy, Feb 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BigHussy

BigHussy Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Okay, ya'll Namru and I found an awesome game.

We played it the night of the 24 Hr Gamer Marathon and I haven't been able to walk away from it since.

It is called Raft, and as silly as this game sounds it is SO. MUCH. FUN!

The game starts with you on a tiny little raft in the middle of the ocean and there are "resources" (its garbage lol) floating all around you. You have one item on you, it is a hook made of garbage. You throw the hook and try to catch and gather as much resources as you can. Once you obtain a sufficient amount of resources you can build things, like a bigger raft, cups, a food grill, a bed, etc. It is very similar to Minecraft in that regard.

Why can't I just jump off the raft and go swim to the resources you ask? Because there is a big shark out there and he occasionally eats pieces of your boat if you don't build a spear quickly enough to stab him in his big dumb eyeballs to keep him off your raft.

There are also islands that you can find and they have trees, fruit; and diving goods such as metals, sand, and clay.

There IS a story to the game, but you kind of have to discover it on your own as you go. To give even a small piece away kind of gives away the rest of the story.

I can't tell you how fun its been, please let me know if anyone is interested in joining and playing. Right now it is $20USD on Steam. Its a blast!

That's all, just wanted to gush about this game.

The Biggest of Hussies xox

Averie, AmazonCheesecake and Namru like this.
  2. Namru

Namru Instigator Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

If anyone is interested too, let us know - unfortunately there's no server-side game to run, it is only peer to peer, but we can have up to I think 8 people on a single raft. Come be sharkbait for us =D

Averie and BigHussy like this.