Questions five, responses zero... a quiet beginning

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Ixax, Aug 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ixax

Ixax Tenacious Gamer

East Coast USA, Eastern Time zone (UTC -4/5)
    1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Aimless mmo player. Dabbler in other games. Currently playing mostly Smite (Arena mode).
    2. How did you hear about Tenacious? Game forum.
    3. What games(s) are you interested in joining Tenacious in? Looking forward to some upcoming games but hoping to find an active community.
    4. Did you read and understand our charter?Check
    5. If the world did away with all games, except one ... which one would you want it to be and why? Dominoes. A great social game.
    I am on the East coast of the USA, so Eastern time zone. (UTC-4/5.)

I have to be an early riser for work so I am frequently online around 5ish to 9ish so I can hit the sack at a reasonable time. Responsibilities.

I've played a bunch of mmos... ffxi, ffxiv, Rift, Guild Wars (one and two), Wildstar, etc. My first attempt at playing MOBAs came with Paragon, but the game shut down... I was enjoying it. After that I tried Smite, but never found a group to learn their MOBA game with so I almost always just play in their arena. I recently downloaded League of Legends but I'm hesitant to do anything but bot games just to avoid the toxic chat when I'm terrible because I'm new. (I also only have a couple of champs... so sad.) I'm hoping that I might find a support champ to play and then manage to learn the game... but given my experience with Smite I'm not sure.

I also play rpgs like Dungeons and Dragons, Gurps, or Savage Worlds. I mostly play Savage Worlds these days.

Anyway I'm hoping to make some new gaming friends so hopefully I'll see you all around in the chat channels. I assume Discord is the popular voice app? (I see a reference to mumble as well as discord.)

Later.

Vrico and Kimmz like this.
  2. Xia_Simi

Xia_Simi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer Black Desert Officer Veteran Member

Welcome to Tenacious! We use discord as more of a social media, mumble is our VOIP :)

3. AmazonCheesecake

AmazonCheesecake "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

Welcome to Tenacious!

As Simi said, we use our forums and Discord for social media and general communication.
    Mumble is our only VOIP.

If you need any assistance or have questions about linking to discord or setting up mumble, let us know and one of us would be glad to help!

4. Kimmz

Kimmz Akita....Aka Kimmz Tenacious Gamer

Welcome aboard...

5. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Chapter Lead Veteran Member

Welcome!

6. Vrico

Vrico Tenacious Gamer

Welcome to TG! Paragon was fun on the PS4. I hated to see that get shut down. Liked the original map the most though.

Ixax likes this.
  7. Ixax

Ixax Tenacious Gamer

Thanks for all the welcome.

I've managed to do the Discord account mambo and see all the text channels. I'm shocked that there are no voice channels!

I've managed to setup Mumble. Its been a long time since I've used it... but managed to get it setup. Are there channels where people just go to chat? Being new I don't want to overstep. (That should wait until at least the second day!)

I started playing Paragon on the PC and then tried it on the PS4, but I had already learned my PC response and the frustration with PS4 was... overwhelming.

Vrico likes this.
  8. Vrico

Vrico Tenacious Gamer

You should be fine to jump into a channel in mumble. Introduce yourself and talk with the people there. Most of us don't bite. Just not channels that say something like (quiet when entering) or if it has a DND (do not disturb).

9. Qigang

Qigang Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet. Tenacious Gamer

Welcome! :)

10. Zorph

Zorph Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Welcome to Tenacious

11. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

You're welcome to join any mumble channel and say hello. If people are streaming or working on something they should be in a do not disturb channel.

A lot of us will be on tonight for WoW: Classics launch - come hang out with us while we wait in the 10 hour queue!! :p

Welcome to Tenacious :D

12. Bulldog

Bulldog Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Welcome to Tenacious!!

13. Misaki

Misaki Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Welcome to Tenacious!

14. Ixax

Ixax Tenacious Gamer

Thanks for the warm greetings. Looking forward to getting to know some folks.

An update on my activities... I'm fooling around with Dauntless, which seems interesting. As far as I can tell the cash shop is not obnoxious... I haven't bought anything at all. Dauntless is a boss battler. You leave town and are dropped in an instance where you find a monster (behemoth) and kill it. You do that repeatedly. As you level up more behemoths open up to you. You get drops from the behemoths that you use to craft weapons and armor. You can hunt behemoths solo or in parties of up to four. Depending on the player's or group's abilities the time it takes to kill a behemoth can start at around 5 minutes and there is a time limit of, I think, 30 minutes in the instance. This is a great game to get together with folks and fool around stress free. I play on PC, but this is cross platform game available on either xbox or ps. I have been in groups with people from both platforms. If this sounds interesting to anyone (whether you've played it yet or not) drop me a message and we can try to get together.

I'm also still fooling around with Arena battles in Smite... there are other game modes but I haven't given them much of a shot...This is another game where there are matches so that you can drop in for a couple of matches and then leave and feel like you've done something... so feel free to message me about that.

I'm now a couple of weeks into checking out League of Legends... I still only have a couple of champions because I was told not to break down the champion shards (not sure if they call them shards, but hopefully you get the idea) unless it is a duplicate shard... and to wait to get the shard before buying a champion. So, I'm still waiting for a good champion shard to drop for me. I've tested out a couple of support champs from the free rotation and they seemed good. Soraka was the last one on rotation. I need to see who is the support champ on the new rotation this week. Anyway, feel free to message me about LoL if you don't mind my newbish ways and lack of champions. I'm hoping to get some better luck on my next couple of champion shards.

I've also lost track of when games I was interested in are coming out... not sure if anything is nearing release, but I try to keep an eye out for that as well... though I don't bother tracking games through the multiple years of testing that goes on before release.

If you like all of the above definitely message me... we are obviously twins separated at birth and should reconnect asap!

Later.