Is anyone actually playing this?

Discussion in 'The Secret World' started by Risc, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Risc

Risc Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Besides me

2. Oakenhart

Oakenhart Lurker Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hey Risc. I'm totally fucking hooked on this game and I can't exaggerate how much the heroin is in my veins already. I'm running Illuminati on the Huldra domain. I just got to Egypt but I really haven't been doing many dungeon runs (I've only done Polaris once) and my group build is a tank. Anyways, I have a temp guild I'm in with 2 of my old time gamer friends called "Shadows of the Unseen". If you're looking to get together sometime my toon name is Thrae :)

3. Tromin

Tromin Test Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

I really wanted to play, but I just dont have the time recently. Good luck!

4. Alzir

Alzir Registerd User Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I Wanna play if we have enough people

5. reastar

reastar Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I am in TSW Templar Ebonrose, and Dragon Ebonyrose

6. Alzir

Alzir Registerd User Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

last ichecked ebonyrose was locked and full

7. MadocMayhem

MadocMayhem Princess Doll Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Britain fantasy land with women that enjoy spanki
    Can I get some views on this game?
    I love the look of it and a fellow guild mate was saying how certain aspects were great. Ones that appeal to me.
    Namely skill progression vs leveling, hopefully a little like FO.. but would like info on that too.
    Story and real thinking needed to solve things.

However that it was bugged, sounding as bugged as a beth and bioware game combined.
    So what is the Skinny on this game?

8. Mendien

Mendien I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

SWTOR is going F2P in fall, I say TSW will follow! I was way pumped for it until it seemed to take 25 years to come out, then only played a few hours of beta and decided against i t.

9. Killington

Killington Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I played one beta and had a lot of fun, but then i played gw2 and had way more fun so gw2 is what i went with.

10. Risc

Risc Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I actually was going to take a pass on TSW but got a chance to try the beta and I was hooked. It's a very nice change from the typical mmo grind. In a fairly short amount of time you can have a pretty solid build and then as you progress over time you can hit up other branches for specific skills and passives to create builds for specific situations. It also allows you to group with friends and be competitive regardless of how much play time you have. You don't have to worry about falling behind if you take a couple of days off and since 95% of the missions are repeatable you can go back and rerun them when everyone is online if you want.

The missions are where this game really stands out. There are the typical kill/collect missions but with the tier system on the missions you rarely find yourself sitting in one area killing 30 mobs so they don't feel like such a chore. The investigation and sabotage missions require you to put some thought into them, from hacking computers, figuring out how to get guys out of a room so you can steal a keycard, Morse code, etc. They even set up real websites for npcs in the game, without to much of a spoiler there is a mission where you are looking for a missing person who runs a blog and you have to go read his blog for clues on what the key code for his house is. The story lines and cinematics for the missions are top notch and there are monthly updates where they progress the various stories, kill off npcs. The world changes through the updates also and when an npc dies no one can ever do their quests again.

The game does have bugs. There are chat issues (mainly with custom channels). We are always in mumble so not a big deal to me. Gear manager which allows you to save skill/gear setups sometimes forgets stuff, again it only takes a few seconds to equip the items it forgets so not a deal breaker to me. Bugged missions are a bigger issue to me just because you get into the groove of the story and hit a spot you cant progress so you "pause" it and go do something else. I've done like 400+ missions and I've only run into 4 or 5 that were bugged but they really stand out just because they forced me to change the direction of my game play. (I was able to complete them after a server reset.)

Over all I think the game is solid and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I've been playing regularly 4 or 5 hours a night and I haven't done that in a mmo in a long time. I'm actually considering buying the lifetime subscription.

If you would like to try it out I think I still have a 24hr buddy code you can have.

11. MadocMayhem

MadocMayhem Princess Doll Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Britain fantasy land with women that enjoy spanki
    Thank you for the info.
    Tbh it looks more my kind of game, I love the idea of story progression, less grind and actual thought (not that this dog has many.)
    I think at some point I'll join up, but commitments are taking this manic depressive dog all over.
    So don't waste your code, I'll just leap in at some point.

Does the game play like FO at all? the weapons and such?

12. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

OK, I looked at this tonight and it looks interesting and has caught my attention. I'm going to DL the trial version. I was wondering if there are any major benefits of joining any particular faction (Templars, Illuminati or w/e the 3rd was). I think I'd prob fit best in the Templars and London, but it seems that you travel all over the world, I just don't want to end up in the US w/o the rich history that Europe has. Also how is char creation, am I stuck w/ basic features/body types etc. I'm guessing that we get to choose w/e skills we want to use and w/e clothing we want to use, so kinda like a Second Life but in a MMO style.

I'll see what shard Tenacious is on and give it a go.

13. Eldelari

Eldelari Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer Veteran Member

I've wanted to lay this for a while, but never organised myself to play it. And currently loving without internet will make it a little difficult to participate =P
    Maybe when our internet arrives I will come play with you Cyndir =)