I am a Knight, I do Knight things.

Discussion in 'The KNIGHT' started by LoanWolf, Aug 4, 2015.

1. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Please post here if you plan to main as a Knight or are very knowledgable about the class.

2. Nightreaver

Nightreaver Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Currently playing a knight as my main with 20.7K prestige.
    Knowledge? Guess that's relative, still learning the class before the nerf hits with the next update.

3. slayer

slayer Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Im a knight :) although im not quite sure the knight is getting nerfed as much as you might think it may end up a buff

4. slayer

Knight
    • Barrier II now works differently:
    • Defensive Stance. Defensive stance absorbs 25% of incoming damage, but Willpower regeneration rate is reduced by 50%.
    • Using abilities that consume Willpower make the Barrier last 4 seconds longer, and it absorbs twice as much damage, reflecting half of absorbed damage back at the enemy. The amount of reflected damage cannot exceed 12% of the Knight’s maximum health.
    • Changed the description of Rockwall.
    • The Inspiration talent has been renamed to Counter-Grip and works differently:
    • The enhanced effect of Barrier II lasts 1 second longer, and Lunge will restore 2 points of Willpower while it is active.
    • Bonus to Barrier from equipment now works correctly.
    • Increased the damage of Lunge.
    • Resolute Defense and Tantrum now generate 100 Willpower instead of 50.
    • The cooldown of Resolute Defense is reduced by 5 seconds.
    • The Knight has become more powerful in promo adventures.

Bugs:
    • Fixed a bug where the Knight’s ultimate ability could be activated multiple times in promo adventures.
    • Fixed several bugs with Barrier and Barrier II that caused the character to switch targets in PvP.
    • Bonus to Barrier from equipment now works correctly.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Rockwall to work incorrectly when used together with Barrier II, reducing the amount of damage absorbed and reflected.

Also noted:
    • The Knight’s Resolute Rebuff ability is no longer interrupted when using combo attacks.

5. Nightreaver

Honestly can't say for sure. Read those notes several times and still can't make sense of them. If someone can offer a better explanation for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Current form of Barrier II has no duration, the 50% mitigation and damage reflect are permanent. You can literally stand there doing nothing and any trash mobs attacking you will kill themselves.
    Currently, the associated key turns Barrier on (defense stance) or off (offensive stance). Will there now be two separate keys? One to switch stances and another engage Barrier II?
    Guessing the new version of Barrier II will have a duration of 6 seconds which is significantly shorter than infinite.

Inspiration
    In the current form our bird provides the extra Willpower. In the new version that changes to Lunge which currently is far less DPS. Looks like about the same reward, just a different ability used to achieve it. Whereas the bird required one click to achieve the gain in Willpower AND could be achieved at range, you will now need to be in melee range spamming basic melee attacks to achieve the same thing.

Resolute Defense
    Currently this provides a shield that lasts 4 seconds and provides an additional 15% to mitigation when any ability that requires Willpower is used. Will this work with Barrier II, essentially increasing mitigation by 40% for those few seconds?

Unshakable
    Does this ability work at all? Will it work when update goes live?
    Ability states that Knight is immune to CC when below 70% health. I've tested this all the way down to under 10% and still getting CC'd.

6. slayer

actually i think the current barrier does have a duration its description just sucks and of course you would be using willpower and renewing it without even knowing thats the part about it lasting 6 secs. Now we get regular willpower regen using lunge instead of falcon which doesnt use willpower and has increased damage making it much more useful if you ask me if you want to use falcon go ahead but your regular attacks in defense stance are the go to for regen kinda handy. Yes you cant be ranged to regen faster so maybe PVP might be different but if they are running from you just turn off barrier for a regular willpower regen. Idk maybe im crazy but i NEVER range except on a pull, one of the best parts of being a knight if you ask me :) I dont ever use resolute defense so i cant help you there but in theory thats true. Unshakable is absolute garbage and i think it has never worked for me either.

7. Nightreaver

I just tested it.

I went into defensive stance before engaging. Walked up and bonked a mob on the head and then just stood there. It turned and started attacking me and as it did so its health went down with each attack. Summoned mobs appeared that also started attacking me and their health also decreased with each hit. Even while I am doing nothing, you can see white numbers flash on screen indicating the mobs are taking damage as opposed to the red numbers indicating damage I am taking. Two more mobs joined in that also starting taking damage each time they attacked me. The whole time I did nothing but stand there. The whole time the Barrier II buff remained in effect without ever dropping once.

There is currently only a buff icon representing the Defense stance. Will there be a new buff icon with a countdown timer to represent when the Barrier II buff is in effect?

If I am understanding the change correctly, you will need to use either the bird (ST) or Earthquake (AOE) to extend the duration of Barrier II. Still no idea how to initiate Barrier II, how long it lasts or if it will have a cooldown.

Though Tantrum may be preferred currently over Resolute Defense, that might change with the Barrier II change and the greater focus on mana (Willpower) management required to sustain it.

8. slayer

hmm well that was what i was worried about but even still with tantrum giving you 100 willpower and using any ability that uses willpower to refresh barrier II i think it will be fine, i mean not using willpower is dumb anyway.

9. slayer

i do hope there is an additional icon too though

10. slayer

there is no cooldown on it once you activate barrier you get 6 secs of reflect using anything with willpower refreshes the barrier for 4 secs or at least thats how i understand it obviously we shall have to wait and see how it really works.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  11. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

12. Nightreaver

Thanks LoanWolf for the link.
    So apparently the patch notes are incorrect. Casting Falcon or Earthquake doesn't extend the buff, it initiates it.

Barrier II went from an infinite duration down to 4 sec. Going to be a bit more challenging sustain.

With the new Lunge talent that extends the duration to 5 sec, it will give us a regen rate of 3/sec (Since Lunge is part of a combo and cant be spammed directly). It will take 10 seconds to regain sufficient Willpower to cast an ability that will need to be cast every 5 seconds to keep the shield up.

I can see a base duration of 6 seconds with Falcon and Earthquake extending that to 10. That would allow us to keep pace with Willpower depletion. But 5 sec? Ouch

I was concerned about the possibility of a CD if Barrier needed to be reinitiated to get the buff because currently there is one on Barrier.

13. Dunther

Dunther Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I have played quite a bit of Knight and this is a spreadsheet with how most of the skills actually work.

14. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

So all those skills /bug fixes you listed are coming up? Seems low a lot of that is a bonus. What do you expect to get nerfed?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

15. Nizroc

Nizroc I cry when you die, it's what I do Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

here is a nice guide for knight with the earthquake/havoc build. This is the one, I am trying to stat for and when I complete it I will let you know how it works for me

16. slayer

where is it? Is it the Yokai build? :'(

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    Nizroc likes this.
  17. Nizroc

Nizroc I cry when you die, it's what I do Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

hmmmmmmmmm dont know.... I will have to locate it again.......... just a second

18. Nizroc

19. Jackalope

Jackalope Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

If you have any questions for knight build / stats i will try to amwser. Also have some pvp knowledge for it as well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

20. Zeg

Zeg ...there shall be NONE. Ez 7:25 Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I wish folks would put an "updated on....xxx date" in thier guides so you would have an idea as to whether they are current or not...