Holy cow!!

Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by Shiala, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I can't believe this, I got a violation for reporting that guy who used an exploit to try and take our ship.

So mad right now, email didn't say anything about a punishment just that my account was in violation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2. BLUD

BLUD Shit Stirrer Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Perhaps they were just emailing you to make sure you knew you had been violated ?

3. Christien (formerly Kaien)

Christien (formerly Kaien) Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I'm thinking of this as proof of breaking a law and getting away with it.

[​IMG]

4. LiquidElectron

LiquidElectron Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I took it off my skill bar and decided to just let myself be griefed into oblivion.

5. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

I would certainly report the bug about reporting bugs

6. Nizroc

Nizroc I cry when you die, it's what I do Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

<I am with PARA.
    WOW....................................... I cant believe I just said that.
    meh,
    Tell them you are reporting a bug in ALPHA! you are not miss using it, you are reporting an issue!

7. Orith

Orith Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Niz, I did tell them that and even included screenshots. They said the warnings on our accounts still stands.

8. Nizroc

Nizroc I cry when you die, it's what I do Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Wow! Did you ask for an explination so You dont accidentally do it again because you thought you were supposed to report that stuff in alpha?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

9. Termintor

Termintor I'll PvP your face off! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

10. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

That's completely messed up. Can you take it to a higher person?
    Maybe report that you were testing the system? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11. Christien (formerly Kaien)

Christien (formerly Kaien) Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

The Report Skill is only to be used against Bots. What the person did to us was an exploit, so we cant do anything about it nor can Trion. Liquid's account was subjected to 6 hours of suspension for some reason before he sent in a ticket and that is where he learned the explanation about it.

12. LiquidElectron

LiquidElectron Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Thanks for reminding me about that.

13. Peppermint

Peppermint Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Look at me minding my business, watering my lavender. With issues like that there is no way I'll take the chance to report anything. They could have simply replied sorry we know this is an exploit thank you for your report...and ends it there instead of a stupid violation warning. Seems like paying $150 is not enough to justify reporting game abusers.

14. Ashai

Ashai Ninja Kitty Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Trion will be removing the bot report function because it indeed is being used in the wrong fashion. This has been going on since Bushi (When they where once known as Nui Brotherhood) spammed and used it on a caption of another ship to send him into a 24hr debuff to take over his merchant ship. At this point I can't remember which guild I jus tknow a ton of us had gone out to try and save his ship, which had already been destroyed and the culprits ran off. But it caused them to disband with how big of an issue it was.

Even the other day when I was standing in Marianople on on my mortar with Kriptini and Nev. Nev and I came back from being brb to having Prime Suspect buffs on us, not only did we have to clear the buff at the Judge but report because we had been reported for no real reason :/. Trion has already stated that any use of it in an ill way before it gets removed and the stuff removed off the bounty hunter cloaks would be delt with seriously due to the abuse.

And at this point I think it even includes reporting bots unless they can see that yes the person you are reporting is a true botter.

15. Peppermint

Peppermint Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

What they need is more employees checking out the veracity of the reports and severely punish those really abusing it, not reports of hacks, exploits or bots. What they are doing by removing the report function is throwing out the whole barrel of good apples because a few ones only are bad in it.

Termintor likes this.
  16. Kyndig

Kyndig Alpha Geek Legendary Gamer 2009 Original Member

F2p. About what I'd expect.

17. Wytch

Wytch Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Unfortunately, most of the people who feel they're the "good" apples are the ones using the feature incorrectly as well. I talked to sooo many people who had used it to report the afk mount levelers even though Trion had stated that was not correct use and that afk mount leveling was not punishable during alpha. I had had it used against me as well while I was out mining. Too bad but just not something effective to use due to misuse. The icon plainly stated it was to be used for those using 3rd party software (which you'd hardly be able to tell as this is not APB reloaded) or a suspected bot.

It would be awesome if there was a function to report griefers/jerks/gold sellers and have the peers decide the sentence but the internet will never allow that without misuse (such as against ship captains, etc). I'd love if we could all report gold sellers with a trial and have their accounts muted and banned. Would give the community a common enemy!