Gunner Help

Discussion in 'The GUNNER' started by Zeg, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Zeg

Zeg ...there shall be NONE. Ez 7:25 Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Ok, daughter is playing gunner, absolutely loves it. Is anyone else playing it??

Problem: I have NO idea how to develop the character... I need some tips/pointers on skills/talents/and jewelry. I have to this point went with the basic Str/Luck build with crit/accuracy/health/dash on rings and crit/accuracy/ranged bonus in temples....

Where to go please? And thanks!

2. vahniel

vahniel Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Hi zeg,

have been playing gunner for some time, and i like it.

for primary and secondary weapon suffix, pick something that increase your main used skill. (usually full auto/rapid fire/pulse shot/plasma beam)

for the talent and skill, i think you should choose that suits with your daughter gameplay and her team while grouping.

such as
    plasma beam that give straight line laser AOE or plasma stream that give a lot of damage single target
    fire blast that give straight line fire AOE and burn or fire sector that give cone shape damage and fear the enemy
    and the last 3 skill is up to your choice after you choice the skill don't forget to upgrade the skill with talent so the skill can give it's maximuman potential skill to the limit. such as vulnerability scanner skill with prognostic module that increase the duration and reduce the cooldown.

for the gameplay of this class,

1. you need to use machine gun skill which is full auto, rapid fire & fire sector/blast until your heat bar goes full. the cue when this bar full the full auto and rapid fire damage will become much slower
    2. switch using "1" skill into plama rifle, then use pulse shot, plasma beam & plasa fields / suppresion field until this bar depleted completely then switch back to machine gun with no "1" skill switching mode.

some tips when using skill
    Machine gun :
    1. Full auto use this for single target enemy or in other use it on the enemey that have sword, triangle and shield on their head
    2. Rapid fire use this for mob clearing usually used on 3 diamond shape enemy
    3. you can use on all enemy, if you hold the skill until casting bar is finished so the enemy suffer burn damage (if you use experimental fuel talent it will triple the fire duration and give 50% extra damage when using skill damage)

Pulse rifle :
    1. Pulse shot this is single target damage that work best especially when you get chased by the enemies, you can combine this skill with plasa field, so basically cast plasma field, lure the enemy into the plasma field then shoot the enemy while they "inside" the plasma field, and you got the extra damage and the pulse shot will become aoe attack within plasa field.
    2. plasma beam this is line shaped aoe skill it's quite hard when you used it. plasma stream give a alot of damage if you can channeling the skill up to 3 second best used it when you are sure that your character is safe.
    3. plasma field , aoe that give damage and slow the enemy and suppression shield will do the same then after the enemy stay in the field up to 3 second it will stun the enemy ( talent make the stun proc faster)

missile launcher (i rarely used this when the battle goes on, usually used when i want to engage the enemy) :
    1. put the mine either mine ring/ mine barrage
    2. shoot the enemy using missile salvo /homing guidance system until your ammo depleted then switch into machine gun or pulse rifle depend on your heat gauge bar.

and the skill for "accelerated heat exchange / contusion shell/ vulnerability scan " used it as much as you can especially on bos fight don't forget to take the talent for the skill that you like.

for accelerated heat exchange with the talent work best for the 3 diamond shape enemy or the boss that keep spawning add.

that is some tips from me. hope it can help you and your daughter.

regards,
    Vahniel

3. Zeg

Zeg ...there shall be NONE. Ez 7:25 Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Thanks! I can recognize a few of these things that she is already doing... will have her read this.

How are you building stat wise?

4. vahniel

vahniel Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

For stat wise,

currently i am planning on increasing luck and strength. for extra stat in the ring i prefer Critical Chance and health bonus, but if you want damage feel free to change into accuracy.

and for temple 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 :
    1. crit chance, 2. accuracy, 3. Crit chance, 4. def penetration/range damage, 5. accuracy, 6. crit chance, 7. crit chance.

will update again when i tried another build such as luck and valor.

regards,
    Vahniel

5. Zude

Zude Sinister Swarm

I've been maining Gunner and doing the same as Vahniel for my chapels and the rotation.

I've been focusing my rings on Strength and Valor, with Accuracy bonuses.

My amulets are mostly focused around plasma field and boosting rapid fire and pulse shot - the field is great against packs of enemies or bosses that don't move a lot.

6. Jenanna

Jenanna Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I personally think the temple priority is Crushing Blow > Accuracy. After those two it will depend on your focus. If you are going with Lacerated Wounds and Impact get crit chance next, otherwise Discharge Recovery. Full auto doubles impulse damage, so with high spirit and Discharge Recovery you can get some huge hits from impulse damage. My room mate went the Str/Spirit route, I am going with the Str/Luck route. The roommate's build does very very high up front damage, mine does more sustained damage and I am able to do a little better in the really long fights due to Lacerated Wounds uptime.

Crushing Blow is a chance to do double damage on the hit and seems to double the impulse and crit damage as well.

Something I do a bit differently than many gunners is that I make use of Mine Ring in combat. One of the weapon boosts for Gunner is Mine Ring +80% damage on blue weapons. My Mine Ring hits for around 20k base at 36k prestige and since each of the three mines is calculated as its own hit, each has a chance to crit and get get doubled from Crushing Blow, so the normal hits around around 30k and sometimes they spike up to over 40k. It only works on targets that dont move much and you lose about 3 seconds of fighting by switching, firing and switching back.

I recommend for any build to go with the Pulse Shot damage amulets. The overall damage they add exceeds the other amulets. Full Auto damage is the second priority, so for blue and purple amulets try to get ones with secondary Full Auto. The Plasma field amulets look like they are good, but if you watch the damage from Plasma Field you will see it does not do the damage the tool tip says it does, so the primary use of Plasma Field is just letting you do area effect pulse shots. At my gear level the Pulse Shot amulets are adding over 400 damage, while Full Auto only adds in the 60s so they arent really comparable as to which is better.

7. Proof

Proof Conceited Cupcake Bastard Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

May want to look into this, but maybe full auto's damage is added to each individual hit, and not the full "round." If so, buffing full auto may be better due to its double impulse damage.

8. Zude

Zude Sinister Swarm

Since I posted last month, having read quite a few guides on the SF forums and other places, I've changed my Gunner build a bit. Currently at 22K prestige.

I'm now doing Strength+Luck+Accuracy (rings and chapels). For the other chapels I have Crit, Shield Power, and Solidity - I'll take a look at Crushing Blow.

For Symbols I'm running Ultimate Strength x2 (+Accuracy), Maximum Recoil x2 (+Crit), Lucky Shot, Gunner, Paladin. Working on Lacerated Wound (DoT on Crit).

For amulets I've changed from Plasma Field and Rapid Fire and now prioritize Full Auto and Pulse Shot. I do believe that the Full Auto added damage is to each individual "bullet".

I've been using the talent that puts out five mines in a line but that doesn't work with the weapon effect. I will try out mine ring with the blue weapon and see how that works for me.

Thanks for the tips!

9. Jenanna

Jenanna Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I havent tested it recently, but when I tested putting on 4 full auto amulets that should have added around 200 damage, the average damage of all three shots from the burst when up by about 200, not the damage of each part. I only tested it with a few fights and with how random the damage was I might have just had a bad estimate. I will hold on to some full auto damage amulets as I find them to test again.

Even adding to each part, at 2685 proficiency pulse shot amulets add 489 damage while full auto adds 79. If it adds to all three hits that 237 for 15 heat, doubled to 474 with Experimental Fuel on burning targets. Pulse shot is 489 for 15 heat so even looking at a normal pulse shot to a doubled full auto shot, the pulse shot amulet is just flat out more damage for the heat.

The pulse shot damage also helps when doing area attacks because you can spread it with Plasma Field.