Guild Trade Run Guide

Discussion in 'General Guides' started by Trox, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Trox

Trox Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

After doing trade runs pretty much the last half of CBT3 figure I would write up this guide on my findings so far. At first while doing it I had thought that they hadn't put in as robust of a trade system, but like most things in Revelation Online I have since discovered that there is a lot more to it that at first seems. This is by no means a fully comprehensive guide at this time, but I am hoping it can get people going in the right direction at the beginning and we can build on it as we discover more.

I. Basics For Trade Run

To start the trade run quests you need to first get to level 50. At that point you will want to find Nobleman Oertig in the Guild Hall. You will find him right across from the tavern next to the portal.

[​IMG]

After talking to him you will need to apply for a Trade License; option [1] on the screen shot above. In the beginning the Guild will only have 3 Trade License, but later after some research that can be expanded up to 5. The Trade License will only last 30 minutes of inactivity; every time you make a trade that timer will reset. If you go afk and don't do a trade in 30 minutes you can talk to any Specialty Merchants to reapply for the license as long as there is one available. When you are done doing trade runs please be sure to turn the license back in so that someone else can use the License as soon as possible; option [2] in the screen shot above. You can see who all have a License in the Guild Window; they will have a coin to the left of their name; as seen in screen shot below.

[​IMG]

After getting the Trade License then you need to retalk to Nobleman Oertig to pickup the quest; Option [1] in the screenshot below. When you receive the quest you will be given 5000 Gythil from the Guilds Funds to use as your Trade Funds. You will also receive a Camel Beast and Specialty Shop Distribution Scroll in your QUEST tab in your Inventory; second screen shot below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The quest will show up in your quest log as Specialty Trading; as shown above. You are allowed to do the quest 5 times a day, and you can see how many you have done in the top right corner; I have done 2 out of 5 so far.

[​IMG]
    After you get the quest you will then return to the world and find a Specialty Merchant; I usually go to one of the ones at Eventide. When you get to him (or on your way if you like) summon your camel by right clicking on it in your inventory. You will not be able to buy any of the Trade Items if you are not on your camel/wagon.

[​IMG]

When you get to the Specialty Merchant you will want to choose the first option; Specialty Shop; from there you will get the below screen. All the Merchants will have three items for sale; a green quality one, blue quality, and purple quality list on the left hand side. The right side is reserved for the items that you have for sale (there is none there at this time since we are just starting the quest). Under both sections you will see the unit price of the item you click on, how much total it will be, the amount you can buy/sell, one button called “Biggest” which enters the max amount, and then a second button that is “CONFIRM” for when you are ready to buy or sell. Under that you will find a RESET button and a countdown timer to when the prices reset. The prices will reset every 5 minutes. There is a second set of numbers next to the reset timer that I am unsure of what it is at this time. You will also be able to see how much money you have at this time; in the screenshot below.

[​IMG]

To fulfill the objective of the quest you will need to turn the 5000 gythil the guild loaned you into at least 18000 gythil. That is the absolute minimum that you need to make to complete the quest; the more money you make the more money the guild makes when you turn in the quest. The object is to maximize the amount of money you make before going over the 18000 limit. When you turn in the quest the guild gets all of the money you made minus the initial 5000 seed money and 10% you get for doing the run. You will also receive 40 fealty points and 800 faction for the Ausgyth Commerce Center (under Organization in your Factions tab in the Character screen). So you can either do a quick run to get the fast 18k to turn in quest or try to work the system so as to maximize potential profit; below screenshot was what I made using the wagon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Trox

In the beginning you will be looking to get the most value out of your 5000; I tend to get the Blue items first unless the purple or green items are at a low price. We will now go into the over-produced and under-produced tags on the items for sale; as seen below. If an item is Over-Produced that means that there is an abundance of the item and so they will be cheaper than normal usually (there will be some over-lap with a normal aka no tag on the item). If there is an Under-Produced tag on the item that means the item scarcer than normal at this time, and as such is more expensive than normal (again there will be some overlap with no tag). I will put some tables of the price spread for the items of Eventide and Fort Whetstone towards the end of this guide.

[​IMG]

To buy the item you want you will left click on that item to highlight it, click either on the Biggest, plus, or minus buttons to adjust the amount you can purchase (I usually just hit biggest) and then click confirm. You will then see the items show up in the Your Cargo space, and the gythil will be subtracted from the 5000. If you have enough you can then buy some more items; usually either the green or possibly blue if you bought the purple item first. Try to use as much of the 5000 gythil as you can in your initial purchase.

At this point you are ready to go sell your goods, so go ahead and exit out of the merchant window. You will notice you have a new hot bar in replace of your combat hot bar. On left you have a red bar that is your health, the first key is a carrot that gives the camel/wagon a 30% speed buff for 30 seconds and has a 1 minute cool down. At the end on the right you have a button that dismounts you from the camel/cart; F8 is the default for that function. The blue bar on the right is your mana, and then to the right of that you have two buttons; the first is your mounts inventory (each item takes 1 slot of inventory no stacking; camel has 18 slots, cart has 24, and wagon has 30). The second button is to open Specialty Shop Distribution Scroll that was put in your inventory when you accepted the quest so you don't have to keep going into your bag for it.

[​IMG]

You will want to click on that scroll to open the below window. As you can see the world is divided into three trade regions; with each region divided into subsections, and each subsection will have two Specialty Merchants each (some of the names overlap on the screen but there are two). Like in most games with trade the further you take the item from the purchase point the more that item will be worth. From my limited testing the two furthest points are Eventide and Fort Whetstone, and as such I used them almost exclusively for my testing. To set up an autopath to the point you want to go sell at just left click on one of the Specialty Merchants names at the area you wish to sell to and you will start to autopath there. As in most games with autopath the game will choose a route that tends to be a bit more round about than if you was to manually run there.

[​IMG]

Be careful when running your cargo as you can be attacked and killed by mobs and rogue players. If you wish to do some gathering on the way you can also hop off your mount to do so. How ever you are dismounted (willingly or unwillingly) a chest will spawn that contains all of your cargo. That chest will be assigned to you and no one else can loot it for the first 5 minutes. After 5 minutes that chest becomes fair game for anyone with a camel (they must be on the guild quest to have one of these) or cart/wagon (which can be spawned without a Merchant License), but you have to have one of those to be able to loot the chest. It will take 30 seconds to loot the chest. If you loot a chest that belongs to someone else you can take it to a Specialty Merchant to sell as Stolen Loot for 40% of the value, but that money you get to keep and does not go to the guild. If your loot is stolen and you have no funds to buy more items so that you can't make the 18000 you will need to reimburse the guild the 5000 seed money from your own funds.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Once you reach the Specialty Merchant you can then sell your goods, buy some more, and move on to the next merchant on your list. Rinse and repeat until your funds go over 18000. At that point you will then need to go turn in the quest, and either pick up the next one or if you are done with trade runs to turn in your Merchant License. A normal route I will take a this time if I am looking to make a quick 18000 is Eventide > South Imperial City > Fort Whetstone; this route can net you 18k by the time you get to Fort Whetstone most of the time...sometimes you might have to go back to South Imperial City or Eventide for that last little bit.

Namru and Taedalma like this.
  3. Trox

Maximizing Profit and Other Hints/Tips

The above if a basic guide meant to get people started in trading, and how to get to 18000 quickly. The following is going to be more focused on maximizing your profits and little pointers on how to do so.

If you are looking to maximize your profits when doing the trade runs you are going to have to learn how to juggle your inventory and money on hand. What that means is you are going to have sell just enough to keep your profits under 18000, but enough so you can buy more items. After a trade or two inventory space becomes the premium over cash.

In these instances hoping the purple item has an Under-Produced tab is nice since those items are more expensive you will spend more of your on hand cash so you can empty your inventory more.

One thing I have found sometimes help; especially when you get the cart/wagon, is you can buy some of the items from the vendor and then sell them back to him at a loss. By doing so you can drop your cash pretty quick so you can then carry even more of the items to the final Specialty Merchant. It seems counter-intuitive, but by doing so I can on average make an extra 15-20k more with my wagon.

That leads to the next item that I learned about while doing my sell back at a loss. In the Middleman Shop screen right above your cargo you will see a “Price” tab; at first I did not think this tab was fully implemented yet (see screenshot below). As you can see it lists all of the products that is bought and sold with a bar in the bottom right corner of the product. That bar is an indicator of how many of a certain item has been sold to that vendor. As more of the same item is sold the bar will fill into the right progressing through yellow or orange and then red (see second screenshot below). As the bar progresses towards red the price the merchant will buy the product for will keep dropping.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

While for the beta I don't think there was enough overall trade going on that we will ever see a blip on that bar; I have a feeling come release and more people do trade that will become important to keep an eye on. At this time I do not know if that window shows the price for the item across the world or just for that particular vendor.

The autopath run going from Eventide to Whetstone on a wagon takes 18:54 when using carrots and 22:00 with no carrots. To go from Whetstone to Eventide on a wagon the autopath will take 20:58 using carrots and 24:00 with no carrots. The first route takes a southern route and second takes a northern route. The cart/wagon is 30% faster than the camel; so they go same speed as the camel using a carrot.

The cart and wagon only last 30 days before you have to buy a repair kit or new wagon/cart. The cart/wagon also sit in your regular inventory even when you are not on the quest; which makes it summonable/usuable even when you don't have the quest, you just won't be able to buy from the Specialty Merchants.

The following tables are the minimum/maximum buy/sell prices for the Eventide and Whetstone products that I have run into so far:

[​IMG]

In case anyone was wondering trying to do Trade Runs during the Clans Wars would be inadvisable unless you wanted to manually drive the whole time so as to avoid the war zones. The autopath takes you right through the middle of some of the war zones.

[​IMG]

This guide is probably no where near complete or definitive; as such I will do what I can to change or add to it as more information is discovered. When I first started doing Trade Runs I thought it was going to be a nice deep system, but then after doing a few basic runs I thought it was actually kind of shallow and incomplete. Now after going through and gathering the information for this guide I have a feeling that the Trade System is actually deeper and more robust than it appears when first starting out.

Serenaelia, Namru and Taedalma like this.
  4. Trox

Couple of pics of the Trade Wagon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comes with 30 slots and a new ability that breaks all CC for 10 seconds and has 3 minute cool down. You can only rent for 30 days like the cart.

Waneta and Taedalma like this.
  5. Nabucodonosor

Nabucodonosor Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

thank you

6. Trox

Ok I just wanted to update this thread with what is my best trade run to date:

[​IMG]

From what I've experienced so far that is probably around the best you can achieve (maybe a few thousand more, but not a large leap). I am not going to give up the secret for how I achieve that run, but I wanted to share it to give fellow traders a goal to shoot for. If you can beat that please share it; would love to see how high we can take it. :D

Serenaelia likes this.
  7. Serenaelia

Serenaelia Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Now why won't you share you secret!!! This is not the White House!!!! lol

Congratulation, this is very impressive. I am looking forward to see if some will attempt to achieve higher :)

8. Trox

Because I would be a poor trader if I gave away all my secrets to success.

I will put this out there; it is possible to take you cart/wagon onto the boat from Sulan to Sidus Ur. I still need to do some timing to see if it shaves off any time from the run; might look into that today.