Gaming Mouse?

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Unchained' started by EdgarAllanPop, Oct 11, 2019.

1. EdgarAllanPop

EdgarAllanPop Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

2. Zorph

Zorph Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

I do not play Arche Age, but of course have played many MMO's.

My favorite is the:
    Logitech G-502 - it has plenty of buttons and fits my hand great.

I also have added foot pedals to be super geeky for additional easy buttons.

EdgarAllanPop likes this.
  3. Ixax

Ixax Tenacious Gamer

East Coast USA, Eastern Time zone (UTC -4/5)
    I haven't used it with Archeage but I use that mouse... or an older version that looks just like that. I've had it for a few years now. I like it. You need the software to map the buttons to keys. Once I did that I almost never change that within the software, I just change keybindings within games to make it work. (In truth I can't recall every changing it within the mouse software.) So, if Archeage allows you to control the keybindings you could likely do it there. I am not familiar with the problems that come from Archeage so hopefully someone else can speak to that.

Before this I had a razor mouse with 12 buttons on the side (I'm pretty sure it was 12). The corsair lets you shift all the buttons along the side of the mouse to improve your comfort. I liked that on the corsair. It is another thing that once set you will probably never change.

I've used that mouse in plenty of mmos... like ESO and GW2... I have also used it in Destiny 2, Dauntless, Smite, and LoL... just to name a few more.

Once in a while the mouse acts up on computer start up (where the side buttons don't register), but it's been around the block. A simple restart usually brings it all back to normal. If it starts up correctly the mouse does not give me problems. The one physical problem that developed is the cord developed a kink where it was typically bent due to my placement and the outer cord split. It still works fine, but that area is not flexible anymore, but it is "correctly" bent given how I keep things set up so it hasn't caused me any problems. Keep in mind, like I said earlier, I have had it for a few years now. (I say a few because I can't remember how long...it has to have been at least five years?) Any way, I don't have any complaints with it and when it dies if they are still making it I would consider a new one as a replacement depending on how it stacks up to whatever else is available.

4. Zorph

Zorph Legendary Gamer Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

For me, all the buttons made it hard to push each one individually.
    For some it is second nature. I know @Nightcrawlre loves his 1000 button mouse.

5. Avocet

Avocet Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Why do u need buttons? Just click all your abilities.

6. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

I looove my Razer Naga. Had one for the past six years or so. The design is extreamly comfortable, but unfortunately they're pretty flimsy. I had to swap my old one out because it deteriorated pretty fast. One of the keys is broken on my current one, but with so many spare it isn't a huge deal for me. Don't buy one expecting it to last 3+ years, but damn are they nice.

7. Morrigan

Morrigan Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

I'm using a Logitech 502 and it works fine. I'm sure the Razer Naga Trinity should be fine. I think the cheat catches macros, so just don't use those functions.

8. Aim_Less

Aim_Less Tenacious Gamer

My fav as well. My only issue is they don't seem to be made all that well. After I drop them, which seems I try to do
    at least once a week, messes up the one of the 3 main buttons and I start getting phantom clicks.

The clicks increase in frequency until I just cant handle it anymore and toss it.

9. Avocet

Avocet Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

kinda funny, I also use the g502.

10. Waddles

Waddles Tenacious Gamer

In case you haven't selected a mouse yet I figured I'd toss another option into the mix.

I'm using a Thermaltake Tt Esports Nemesis. It is a claw grip style mouse with 8 side buttons that you can remove. The left and right mouse buttons are responsive and produce a mild mechanical clicking sound. The side buttons are some sort of hybrid membrane/mechanical as they do not produce any sound when pressed and have rather stiff resistance. I'm guessing the resistance is on purpose so you can grip the mouse with a claw grip without activating any side buttons. Its optical sensor is a good reliable sensor which is in many optical mice. Size wise, I have a slightly large hand and the mouse fits very comfortably. There is a small pad extending from the bottom of the mouse for your thumb to rest against which I quite like. The software suite associated with the mouse is relatively light weight and easy to navigate.

I purchase this mouse after trying a Roccat Nyth (do not buy, it has a horrible sensor) and a Razor Naga Trinity (I liked the feel but I did not like the palm style grip and the rest for your ring finger).

I hope this helps.

I don't have enough posts so I can't post an embeded link.

11. EdgarAllanPop

EdgarAllanPop Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Thanks for the advice on mice. I went ahead and purchased one; should arrive on Monday. I'm still worried the side buttons will not work for Archeage; but I'm giving it a shot.

12. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

woah.
    hi.