Emerald Rules (suggestion not confirmed)

Discussion in 'Thirty Kingdoms' started by LoanWolf, Sep 9, 2015.

1. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Averie has not confirmed these rules yet but I feel this is a fair and good starting point.

Please keep in mind this game gives you free emeralds, AND you get emeralds for just staying alive in multiple games. It is suggested that you use your emeralds in a public game to "burn" them before entering. That being said, we will not fault you if you have emeralds on your account and you would like to save them.

The following are reprecusions for emerald use on each individual basis. If you make a mistake with emeralds, let Averie know and the following rules will apply to rectify any advantage gained accidentally. Sometimes people misclick and not realise it, if another players suspects another player of accidental emerald use, please bring it to Averies attention and if she feels emeralds are the only thing that makes sense for a situation, the following rectifications will be made.

By no means are these attacks on players, we just want to keep a fair and level playing field and each of the situations are only to nullify the advantage gained by accidental emerald usage.

Buildings : If emeralds are used to speed up production of the building, the province shall not be used for any poduction of troops or additional buildins until the full intended build time of the building is completed. For example : if you speed up a blacksmith by 1 day the province must sit idle for 1 day and no troops may be produced in that province. After the 1 day building and production may resume.

Troops: If emeralds are used to speed up production of a troop, the troop must sit idle in the province for the whatever time that was remaining.

Troop Morale: If emeralds are used to boost the morale or a troop, morale must be burned by force marching the troop down to its original morale.

Province Morale : If emeralds are used to boost the morale of a province, the province is unable to be used to produce troops or buildings for a 3 day period. This may seem harsher then the others, but boosting morale in a province prevents revolt + resource gain + faster troop production. Since I named 3 things, 3 days seemed good.

Resources: If emeralds are used to buy resources, the resources must be put onto the marketplace for a set price of 99 gold and not taken down. It will store the resource indefinitely.

Spies: If spied are deemed that they were used (they report at a different time from normal spy usage). Regardless of the effect it had on the opposing player, you must give that player 20k gold or equivalent resource (spys cost 10k gold +4k daily upkeep) as well as not attack the player for a period of 24 hours to make any repairs deemed necessary.

I must stress that these rules should only apply to you should you keep emeralds. You can easily go to a random pug game boost production of a building a few times and get down to 0 emeralds. If you choose to take the risk of keeping emeralds on hand, and multiple emerald infractions (more then 1 unreported) occur, said player shall be disqualified from the current game. If you are asked to leave, it is no means an attack on said players character, just the way the current system is set up, we would not be able to determine how much of a comparative advantage was gained to d rectify it.

Averie likes this.
  2. slayer

slayer Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Good job loan :)

3. Shiala

Shiala Obssesed with Glam way too much. Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Sounds peachy

Sent from my iPhone cause I'm an elitist jerk.

4. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

I like.
    Thankyou for write up.

People using the p2w currency and us deciding how to even the playing field after its use is what caused issues in our previous games. LoanWolf's post is great and is going to be used as a baseline. I'm going to create a post listing all the rules and the different game modes we're coming up with (which I'm still hashing out details for in my head and really super excited about) ...

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming this fulfills these requirements and we're OK to use the forums to set up new games? :)

5. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

6. Averie

... hate you.

7. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

This is being discussed in officer forums. The game is not sanctioned or led by an officer and has resulted in issues twice. I'll get back to you

8. Averie

Alrighty, bossman.

9. Tenaciousbot

Tenaciousbot Community Guest

Please post your rules in official format under a new thread "30 Kingdoms - Rules"

Once created, that thread will be stickied & you may continue to use Tenacious resources and enjoy your game

Averie likes this.