Daily - Curious Events (Peculiar Tickets)

Discussion in 'General Guides' started by Taedalma, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Taedalma

Taedalma Cookie Monster Tenacious Gamer

Summary:

Hello Everyone, this shall be a guide for the 4 different Curious Events that are available in game. From what I've experienced, each event requires 2 Peculiar Tickets to participate. Peculiar Tickets can be obtained weekly from the two Journey Events and from purchasing from an NPC at different price points. Once the first price point is bought, you have to buy from the more expensive one and so on and so forth.
    shot_20161221-200620_cropped.jpg

Rewards:

The purpose of doing these events is to obtain Curious Beads which can be used at the Fairy Stall for items like Daos (upgrade Special Skills), Phlogiston (sharpen weapons, +1, +2, etc.), and the big seller, Special Skill - Broken Seal (needed to obtain your 3-Star Special Skill).
    shot_20161222-123931.jpg
    shot_20161222-124450.jpg shot_20161222-124651.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eventide Bay (Fishing):

The first Curious Event I shall be covering is Eventide Bay which is known in-game as the Fishing Peculiar Event. The way this event works is that a party must lure, scale, clean, and exorcise (I think) 9 fishes within 30 minutes. This event requires a minimum of 3 people and 5 people for max efficiency; 4 people performs at the same rate as 3.

Now
    BEFORE the party lead talks to the NPC that is path-linked via the event page, you must determine the order everyone will do the event in and make sure everyone understands their roles.
    For 3/4 players:
    ~ 1st person must swim out to the location specified by the quest and lure a fish back to the circle by using the Use key (default F) on it and then swim back; while the rest wait in the circle for the fish to arrive.
    ~ Once the fish arrives, the 2nd person must then do the first action on the fish (scale). Upon performing any action, the person will incur a 45s debuff and be unable to do any other action.

~ The 3rd person then cleans the fish.
    ~ If there are only 3 people, the 1st person who lured will then exorcise. If there are 4, either the 1st or 4th person can do this step.
    ~ Once done, the fish will try to escape and all players will just outright attempt to slaughter the fish. "Rinse" and repeat until all 9 fishes are done.

For 5 players:
    The same steps for the 3/4 players can be taken but the process can be cut in half with 5 players done correctly.
    ~ The 1st person swims out like normal and lures the first fish but instead of instantly swimming back, he/she will then wait 20 to 30 seconds and then lure a second fish and then swim back.
    ~ The 2nd person will scale like normal and then incur the debuff.
    ~ The 3rd person will then clean.
    ~ Before, during, or after the cleaning of the 1st fish, the second fish will arrive. The 5th person must then do the first action on the second fish.
    ~ During this, the 4th person will exorcise the fish and then anyone available will slaughter the fish.
    ~ Once the 5th person is done with the 1st action of the 2nd person, the 1st person (who did the luring) will do the 2nd action.
    ~ Once done, the 2nd person SHOULD be off the debuff and be able to finish the 2nd fish. If not, the fish will vanish and although there won't be a penalty, it'll just take a bit longer (same rate as the 3/4 person party).
    ~ If the 2nd person is unable to finish the 2nd fish, the 1st person should wait a little bit longer before luring the 2nd fish.
    ~ Rinse and repeat.

Upon talking to the initial NPC (every member must be near the NPC and only the party lead needs to do it), you will have to swim out to an underwater NPC. There, the PL must talk again to start the event. Now here is where things get confusing and you implement the roles described above, good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sulan Erisch (Dream Quest/Lady of the Forest):

This Curious Event requires actual combat against 3 bosses so a full team (tank/healer/dps) is needed to do it effectively.

Upon the PL accepting the quest and porting in, the team is faced with 4 different portals. The objective is to kill 3 of the bosses to collect Dream Crystals to finish the quest. The team I ran with did Old, Disease, and Death. The fourth one is Birth but as I did not do that one, I don't have information for it.

Old:
    This boss is tedious and slows you down, disables dodges (levity actions), and slightly normalizes damages across everyone. I found the VG's Spin-to-Win(Relentless Hurricane) effective.

Disease:
    This boss is just annoying.
    Applies a poison DOT and an absurd amount of debuffs:
    Paralysis: Disables 3 skills (includes special)
    Bleed: 30% of health in 12s
    Allergic: Lowers overall defense
    Blind: 70% reduced hit rate
    Deteriorating
    : (The description says do nothing but I was still able to use skills and dodge rolls)
    There were 3 other debuffs but I was unable to mouse over them during combat.

Death:
    The first step is to defend the "Fallen Warrior" NPC from waves of mobs. After succeeding, the NPC joins you in the fight against the boss. This boss is straightforward to kill.

Unique Rewards:

The Unique Rewards (in addition to the Curious Beads) to doing this event are: Peach Dreamer Fragrance map (used to find Sigil Items and Curious Beads) and Gorgeous Peach Blossom Petals (3 needed to make the Peach Dreamer Fragrance map).
    shot_20161228-130910.jpg shot_20161228-130905.jpg

Velvet Lea:
    N/A

Outer Amanita:
    N/A

-------------------------------------
    Edits:
    12/22 - Updated w/ Rewards
    12/28 - Dream Quest/Lady of the Forest

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Lohre and Paradigm like this.
  2. Lohre

Lohre Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Thanks for this. I was wondering why everyone was trying to buy these tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Taedalma

Taedalma Cookie Monster Tenacious Gamer

Updated w/ DreamQuest/Lady of the Forest