Changing things up - your advice, please!

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Unchained' started by Blackadder, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Blackadder

Blackadder Tenacious Gamer

So I dinged 30 tonight and up until about 21, I was running with Malediction/Battlerage/Sorcery (Shadow Prophet) with cloth armour that I had upgraded once (so it was purple).

Around 21 I found myself suddenly having serious issues killing anything - weird because, up until that moment, I hadn't been bothered by anything. It had actually been super easy. What had changed? I couldn't figure it out.

So I swapped out Malediction for Swiftblade, keeping Battlerage and Sorcery, which made me a Runebreaker, apparently, and I found it a bit easier to play but, TBH, 21-30 felt like a real chore gameplay-wise that I don't think it should have felt like.

I'm going to post my current stats here, and was wondering if people could take a look. Questions on my mind:

1) Does this character look normal? ie: does he look like he's hitting hard enough, etc? Have I missed anything profound? He currently feels like a bit of a dog to play with, I have to confess!

2) Should I be getting out of that cloth armour and, if so, how do you do it once you're at this level? I know how to use Evenstones, and I even have a couple of spare infusions. But where to get the armour? And should I go leather or plate for Runebreaker?

Thanks for your time, folks! Hopefully I can get guilded soon. Maybe Saturday when AU and US times sync up a bit better without pesky workdays getting in the way...!

Attached Files:

Mishi likes this.
  2. Phedra

Phedra HANDS UP, IT'S THE PHEDS!! Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Once you start mixing other focuses in, you're going to need to make a mixture of leather and armor to increase the various stats that help spells hit.

Blackadder likes this.
  3. Morrigan

Morrigan Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Don't mix three damage trees. If you have two damage trees, make sure they are stat related (ie Sorcery/Malediction, Battlerage/Swiftblade, etc). Always have at least one Utility tree in your skillset. Mixing unrelated skillsets makes it hard to get the right stats and thus damage, as AA is very gear driven.

Blackadder likes this.
  4. Danaus

Danaus Tenacious Gamer

You say you upgraded once - was that just to make the items themselves blue or did you Awaken them too? You can Awaken your gear at two points during leveling - 28 and 40. Then again at 50 for the Hiram gear I believe. If you haven't Awakened your gear yet, its still basically a level 1 item . Awakening it puts the minimum level to 28, so should drastically increase your damage capability. Same for the armor. That might help in some respects too.

Keep in mind you don't want to Awaken the gear too early. If you do it early, you'll be underleveled for it (ie. Awaken it the second time to be level 40 and you're still 38 or 39) - then you won't be able to use it at all until you level. Heh.

Blackadder likes this.
  5. Blackadder

I've upgraded the gear twice, once when I got the "tier one" potions dropping and again when I got the "tier two" potions dropping.

I'd open the upgrade window and auto upgrade; often it would take two or three potions to get me to the next level.

I have awakened my weapon once, when I was around Level 30, but haven't awakened my gear?

I've been having a much better time in fights over the past couple of days, although once I hit 30, the whole game seemed to slow down and I wasn't levelling fast at all anymore.

6. Druzy

Druzy Kaisce Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Based on your skill tree choices I would say go leather. You'll take less damage and do more damage. Cloth is really only good if you're focusing on casting. Since you have two physical damage skill trees, I would focus on that. Only take damage skills from swift and battle rage. Those trees combo well. Take utility skills from sorcery, if you're set on having that skill tree, like insulating lens or the freezing earth/ freezing arrow/frigid tracks deep freeze combos. I wouldn't recommend sorcery as a utility tree but it can be different and fun if that's what you want to play. What I would reccomend for maximum damage output and utility is shadowplay.

Blackadder likes this.
  7. Blackadder

That's some fabulous advice, Druzy. Thanks for taking the time. I'll put it into practice next session.

Druzy likes this.