Atlas Online

Discussion in 'Other Upcoming Games' started by Draigon, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Draigon

Draigon Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Anyone waiting for Atlas December 19 2018.
    Really exited for this games.

2. Pewterdraconis

Pewterdraconis Tenacious Gamer

Looks super awesome but some things scare me about it. So will likely wait for it to be released a bit before we decide to get it or not. One of my kids wants it real bad since she can be a pirate in it.

AmazonCheesecake likes this.
  3. Vanye

Vanye Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Watching streams of this now. Holy crap this looks awesome!! The Late Shift and Cohh have all teamed up and are having a blast. The game is massive! They are all dying from vitamin deficiencies because they underestimated the distance between islands, lol. They were smart enough to make a bed on one of their rafts to respawn on.

4. Daenerys

Daenerys The Mad Queen Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Very excited about this one!!

5. AmazonCheesecake

AmazonCheesecake "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Chapter Lead Veteran Member

I've been interested since I first heard of Atlas! I am definitely waiting to see how it plays.... I loved Ark, but my potato internet prevented me from being able to play it after the first expansion...

I did watch a bit of gameplay, and it looks fun. Definitely looks like an Ark reskin, but I'm curious to see further on how the content is before I invest. :D

6. Vanye

I would recommend waiting for a bit to play. Logged last night with my raft loaded up with supplies to make the journey out of the starting area today. Raft was fully repaired and it should have been fine. Logged in today and I was floating in the ocean with no raft. Opened up the map to see where it was located, thinking it drifted off maybe, which is not possible with the sail closed, and no boat anywhere. Everything I had was stored on the boat except for my tools and my clothes. Start gathering supplies again to remake the boat and end up losing a battle with a manta ray. No big deal, run back to the corpse right? NNNOOOOOOO! No corpse! Ok, maybe the corpse marker is not working. Run back, nothing there. Ok, start from scratch and make new tools and clothes and start gathering for the raft again. Kill a lvl 11 male pig for some hide and then get bum-rushed by a lvl 219 female alpha pig that was hiding somewhere. Make another corpse run, and nothing.
    At this point, I'm not sure if I will continue playing until they stabilize things a lot more. I am max level until I get out of the damn zone and if I keep dying and losing everything, there is no point in trying to continue.

AmazonCheesecake and Daenerys like this.
  7. Vanye

Ok, they seem to have fixed the servers. I left my freeport zone and got to the next zone. Headed to the 1st island I saw and it turned out to be fucking Skull Island. Completely loaded with giant creatures lvl 60+. King Kong came running at me as soon as my raft hit land and smashed my raft with one hit and threw me from the raft. Tried swimming away but he came after me and one shot me as well. Was fun as hell though. Back to the drawing board I guess, try a new direction next time.

AmazonCheesecake and Daenerys like this.
  8. AmazonCheesecake

AmazonCheesecake "Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow" Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Chapter Lead Veteran Member

Sounds like a blast! Lol.

I've been trying to watch more vids before I buy the game. It looks fun, but I worry that I will not be able to play it with the lag it seems to have, and me having potato internet, and I don't want to waste the return time until it's fairly stable to try. :)

9. Vordel

Vordel Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

In the Freeports, your corpse disappear instantly. I think its to prevent others from looting them. Best thing is immediately make a raft with a storage crate. Turtles are safest thing to kill for leather/hide. The King Kong island is a power stone island which is one of the end game things, sailing around collecting them then turn them at center of world.....

The problem we've run into is all the claimable land we come across is taken. Hard to tell if its by a single person or a large guild.

10. Tink

Tink Tenacious Gamer

So for those members who have been checking out Atlas. what is your feedback on the game. I have been on the fence about picking it up. I have played ARK and really enjoy ARK, but wondering if Atlas is any good?