Astellia Online

Discussion in 'Other Upcoming Games' started by Trox, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

that actually sounds pretty good cause other wise you end up with one faction totally dominating Dx

2. Amungus

Amungus Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

I started a character on Aida Server. What server is anyone playing? Braga or Aida?

3. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

Can't remember .. it was the top one

4. Trox

Trox Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Well I put in some time this CBT2 and have to say all in all the game has some decent potential. It is nothing ground breaking and the quest line is pretty cut and dry, but the game play itself is pretty smooth and didn’t really run into any major hitches or issues.

I tried Avalon a couple of times, but since I accidentally auto-leveled my first character (a Scholar) to 50 (was tired and not really paying attention to the quest givers at the time) I had no clue what I was doing or what any of my skills were. But even when I got into a sizable battle there (may have been 60+ people fighting at the time) the game ran pretty smoothly for me. Would probably go even better when I actually level a character up so I know what the skills do; plus wasn’t used to the “right-click to activate skill” thing so had trouble getting some to fire off until I got that figured out.

I didn’t get too far into the actual quest line on my Warrior (second character I rolled), but for as far as I did it seems like it can be kind of interesting. I will definitely be getting the base pack around launch; how soon after launch depends on what is going on in EQ at the time probably, and will be more a side game I jump into to goof around from time to time.

The devs seem to be interacting with the community pretty well and taking things to heart so I can see the game having a pretty loyal base for a few years; especially if they keep their promises and keep content coming in pretty regularly. IMO, they would do best in waiting until late Sept./early Oct. before launching to try and pick up some of the people realized how bad WoW Classic could be, and so are lookign for something new to play instead.

5. Trox

Looks like Launch will be Sept. 27th, first early access Sept 20th, and Sept 12th for Name reservations and Pre-Download. Have to say is a bit smart to wait 1 month after Classic launch to grab some of those whose rose-tinted glasses wore off.

The Road To Launch!

CM Aethon
    Community Manager

Staff Member

[​IMG]

Greetings Astellians,

Many of you have been speculating on when launch would arrive, today we’re excited to announce that Astellia is officially heading for launch on September 27th, 2019! For those who’ve pre-ordered, the initial phases of headstart will begin letting players in as early as September 20th. Name reservations and Pre-download will open on September 12th, giving players plenty of time to download, reserve names, and prepare characters.

Launch day will come with several new additions to Astellia since the end of our beta testing schedule. As part of our commitment to tailoring Astellia around the needs of our Western audience. Players will be able to create female Warrior and Assassin characters on day one of launch. Along with a number of in-game events with Staff members who will be actively participating in answering questions and playing alongside our community.

Other launch day improvements will also include:

• A Revamped UI
      • Cross Class Mounts
      • New Colosseum Modes for Solo Play
      • Increased Guild Member Sizes
      • And yes, Female Assassins and Warriors on day one!
    Players can also look forward to a robust schedule of events and feature additions in the months following launch. These include class evolutions, the first tier of Legendary Dungeons opening, holiday events, a new Astel, and much, much more!

We’re excited to have all of you join us on this adventure, and look forward to seeing you in-game!

- The Astellia Team

Wish likes this.
  6. Trox

Also just saw this little tidbit on the Astellia forums in case anyone was interested in the contests they did during CBT2:

CM Venecia
    Community Manager
    Staff Member

Hey, hey! [​IMG] Let me give you a few small things:
    The winner announcement for the Razer gear will be on:
    PLAY to WIN: 08/31/2019
    Music Video Contest and Guide Video Contest: 09/06/2019

7. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

The end of September huh... hmm, hopefully that's before 5.1 drops in FF or I'm gonna be too busy ; A; I know I'm gonna play on the side regardless though x)

Mishi likes this.
  8. Trox

Yeah will be a fun game to jump into from time to time when need break from WoW Classic.

Mishi likes this.
  9. Trox

New Payment Option

[​IMG]
    CM Aethon
    Community Manager
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Greetings Astellians,

Today we’re introducing a new payment option allowing players another avenue for gaining access to Astellia. We’ve been paying close attention to the insights you have shared with us from our first closed beta and onwards. Many of you have voiced a common and valid concern, you’d like the opportunity to see more of the changes that are inbound for the Western version of Astellia before committing to a full purchase.

There has been an increasing element of risk associated with purchasing games. At times resulting in players feeling that developers have fallen short in delivering on promised content, or failing to listen to player feedback. Our team believes that risk versus reward, belongs in-game, not in the purchasing of one. Which is what led us to the decision to include this payment option.

For players who are on the fence, or feel that committing to the full price of a basic game package is just too much, but still want a chance to check out Astellia. We have implemented a new payment option. For $9.99 per month, you will be granted access to a full game account. If you find Astellia is the game for you, then you can upgrade to a permanent package and continue playing.

We understand this may not be an ideal option for all players, however we felt it was important to act on your feedback and provide players with an alternative and affordable means to access Astellia, without the entire commitment of a full game package.

Additional Information

• Account Details:
      • The account is not limited in any way compared to a normal package, other than you are required to pay $9.99 per month to continue playing (Unless upgraded to a game package account).
      • Monthly subscription based accounts cannot access the game prior to the official launch on September 27th, 2019.
        • Game pass time for purchases prior to the official launch date, will not be consumed until the official launch on September 27th, 2019.
        • Game pass time for purchases after official launch will begin as soon as the product purchase has been completed.
    • Purchasing Details:
      • Any user who has not already purchased a game package may purchase a monthly subscription based package.
      • If you already own a package you cannot purchase the monthly subscription version.
      • Any payments made through the monthly subscription cannot be used towards the purchase of a game package.
      • You may purchase more than one month at a time if desired.

10. Trox

Personally I think if you are on the fence about the game to either A) wait a bit for people to really dive into the game and post reviews on it, or :cool: just buy the $30 pack and see if the game isn't for you. Otherwise you will be spending at least $40 to get the game since that $10 isn't counted towards the packs.

They have been listening to the community so maybe if the forums/social media blows up they may change their minds and let the first $10 count towards the cost of a pack; sort of like a $10 1 month trial.

11. Paradigm

Paradigm Bearded Pirate Instructor Website Administrator Honored Mythic Gamer Tenacious Gamer WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer 2009 Original Member

I've enjoyed the CBT's and plan on playing Astellia as my main for as long as it's fun ... I haven't seen end game or Aurora, but I do like the combat, the character models and the Astel system. It's a refreshingly simple game with nice graphics and a surprisingly deep and dynamic system of companions/Astels.

I don't know of enough interest to actual start a chapter, so I'll probably be playing solo for a bit until we see if anyone else is playing at which time we can reassess.

12. Trox

Aurora is pretty fun; kind of like DAOC/GW2 RvRvR/World PvP. The main point is PvP, but there will be some PvE points that your side will want to capture as an added boost; basically it gives the sides a reason to fight each other.

At this point I am still pretty sure this will be mostly a side game for me; it will be fun in short bursts. Who knows though the dungeon and endgame style stuff might pull me in more.

13. Puresilk

Puresilk Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Tenacious putting a guild together for this game?
    Will be playing this as it does look like it'll keep me quite entertained. Just hoping it doesn't go down the same path as Bless.
    I'll keep checking back on this site as Tenacious is the guild I wish to join to play this game. The answer will determine really which pack I'll purchase.

14. Wish

I'll be playing on the 20th it looks like, with early access :cool: I didn't realize name reservation was already out though... Dx is that server based, does anyone know?

15. Trox

Paradigm said a few posts above that it doesn't look like there is enough interest right now to put a Chapter together; think a few people are a bit tired after getting burned by RO and Bless. I know a few people are interested, but some are like me where it will be a side game that may see about 4-8 hours a week for the most part. The other gaming community I'm a part of is pretty much the same; just not enough interest to put a Chapter together for it, and honestly even if I got all of them to come over here (or visa versa) I still don't think would have enough interest to put all that work into it at this time. Maybe if Astellia keeps it promises and people see that they won't get burned it might attract more attention.

16. Paradigm

@Wish, there is only one server, Aida

The character creator is open and surprisingly in-depth. The creator has a really unique dynamic in that the eyes and the face of the character you are creating will follow the cursor where ever you move it on the screen. It's pretty cool. Give you some really great angles to see different features.

upload_2019-9-15_11-46-18.png

17. Paradigm

I'm going to main an archer for now ... cause that's my jam. But I'll also roll a warrior and mage as alts.

Oh, and btw ... not sure why, but the Archer was gender locked to female

18. Paradigm

You can only create one character and save their name if you have a founders pack ...

But you are able to create all of your other characters and save them to an album for easy reference when the game launches

19. Wish

yeah I made my scholar, I was eyeballing the warrior but i'll do that as an alt I think. iirc they said that warrior and assassin would have genders unlocked, I didn't see anything about archer though

20. Trox

At this time the only gender lock they removed was for the two classes that was gender locked at male; I'm sure that is just coincidental....:rolleyes:

Wish likes this.
  21. Wish

Paradigm and Trox like this.
  22. Trox

That is awesome that they made the pre-order costume and mounts unlimited; is kind of bull when other games make those 1 time claim only.

23. Paradigm

Sweet, looks like I'll be playing tomorrow night! I watched a few really good videos about Astels, deck bonuses and how to manage their three leveling mechanics: levels, ranks & enhancements

I didn't realize this until I was watching them, but you actually don't have to have the Astels summoned to level them, you just have to have them on the deck bar in the UI. Pretty cool

24. Wish

I should be on...roughly around the time the server opens, if not a bit late I think o: but yeah the no limit on pre order costumes is how it should be honestly lol

25. Paradigm

I'll be on about 2 hours after the server opens

26. Puresilk

The more I looked into it the more I liked the look of the game. Looking past all the negativity of all the big mmo reviewers I can see why it doesn't suit what they look for in an MMO but it ticks all the boxes for myself. Except the dx9 unreal engine 3 aspect but...
    I bit the bullet and also purchased the legendary pack so I'll be in game shortly as well.
    Megaserver or different servers have they announced? Have done a brief search on this but about to delve more into finding this out.

27. Trox

I won't be playing until the regular packs come out, but will hopefully be able to watch some streamers playing it to see what all they addresses from the CBTs.

28. Paradigm

@Puresilk ... there is only one NA server (Aida) and one EU server

If you bought the legendary pack, you can download the game now and make your first character and save your name. You can make all of your other characters, but you cannot save their names. You can, though, save them all to an album and just click on them in your album to create your alt characters after the launch

Mishi likes this.
  29. Wish

leveling event, apparently o: too bad my launcher refuses to patch lmao

Greetings Astellians,

It’s almost time for the official servers to open for Astellia, and we know many of you will be racing to be the first few to max level. To make the achievement all that more competitive for the forerunners pathing the way. We’re hosting a ‘Race to Max’ contest, where the first 25 characters (5 per class) to reach maximum level will be awarded an exclusive title!

Entry is simple, just log in, play and be one of the first 5 people of your class to level 50! To ensure the contest remains fair for the staggered head start and official launch. We’re taking the first 25 (5 per class) for each game package. So players with packs that grant access at different dates only compete against each other. For additional details see the breakdown below:

Event Details
    The first 25 characters (5 per class) per server, per game package, of each class to get to level 50 will be awarded the Title: Forerunner.
    • Legendary Package
      • Dates: 9/20 - 10/31
      • Rewards: 25 titles, the first 5 level 50 players per class.
    • Platinum Package
      • Dates: 9/24 - 10/31
    • Gold Package
      • Dates: 9/26 - 10/31
    • Official Launch
      • Dates: 9/27 - 10/31

30. Paradigm

Sweet ... rewards for foregoing the experience altogether :)

31. Wish

well I'm not really finding any fixes but my patch dl keeps getting stuck like every 20% and I can't seem to fix it :'( I've been stuck on 41% for like two hours

32. Paradigm

@Wish ... just wait it out. Let it sit on 41% and go do something else until you hear the opening cutscene start. It's a known glitch, but it will load eventually

33. Trox

Yeah I think they had that issue during the betas also; its best to not watch it but to just go take care of stuff around the house until done.

34. Wish

Yeah it ended up taking quite a while but it finally let me in. Up to level 15 or so on my scholar and I've got my gemcrafting and gemgather up to 20 8D idk how useful crafting is but it sounds like they're gonna add op crafted gear at some point.

35. Trox

\o/ :D

36. Puresilk

This game has been a nice surprise and didn't take me long playing to not regret spending so much initially.
    It's visually stunning where many times I have found myself stopping and simply absorbing the surroundings.
    The gameplay I'm thankfully enjoying a lot with many new features and different elements being introduced along the way. The whole Astel aspect is great as I was hoping it would be.
    I hope more of Tenacious give this game a go when it becomes more affordable to simply have a go, as it's shaping up to be a great game for a great guild to get involved with.

Came across a Great 80 page Astellia Guide.
    Answered a lot of questions for myself.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QZBU_fGIwtDKA1ooGPsH2qeKYSWnoYIMcOHyTyz4JMc/edit

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Paradigm, Wish and Trox like this.
  37. Paradigm

This is a cool little video about the 3 leveling mechanics of Astels (level, rank and enchantment). There are tons of videos out there on Astels, but I found this one to be the easiest to understand. It's pretty good information without giving you brain damage ....

Puresilk likes this.
  38. Puresilk

Tenacious doesn't seem to be forming a guild for this one. For those that are playing, did/have you found a guild so far similar to Tenacious or seems quite good?

39. Trox

So broke down and said screw and picked up the Gold Pack, so will be starting up a character around 8 tonight.

Wish likes this.
  40. Trox

And Sildra the Warrior has been brought in the Land of Astellia; feel free to add her as a friend if you want:

[​IMG]

Paradigm and Wish like this.