Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is LIVE! (battle royal system)

Discussion in 'Ashes of Creation' started by Bulldog, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

Mishi likes this.
  2. Ixax

Ixax Tenacious Gamer

East Coast USA, Eastern Time zone (UTC -4/5)
    Is anyone playing this enough to discuss this game and how it plays? Perhaps you are @Bulldog ? I assume there are some that play this just as an introduction to the anticipated MMO and some that play because they enjoy this game mode. Hearing from people in both camps would be valuable.

It would be helpful to see a discussion about how combat feels in this battle royale, the speed of character actions, etc. It would probably even be helpful if someone with experience in other battle royale games (PUBG, Fortnite, etc.) could discuss a comparison between them.

So... what say all you Tenacious gamers?

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but planning on it this weekend for sure.
    I played it last time they had one and it was VERY alpha...which they warned. That only purpose (like the current open access) was to collect data to test different components.

However, I do have a friend that tried it yesterday. Here's his experience:
    Had problems installing but after getting all the patches was able to get in...for a few seconds and then game crash.
    Tried again and was able to run around a bit and "fight" someone in the staging area before getting sucked into the battle where he was dropped off and began to run around for a minute and then crash.
    he gave up at that point.

This game is still a couple of years out so I'm not expecting much but I'll give another update this weekend hopefully.

Looking forward to hearing other's experiences as well!

4. Blackadder

Blackadder Tenacious Gamer

Just chiming in that, over the past month, I've logged in and played a few times.

In all honesty, I wasn't that jazzed with it, and it's not even installed on my PC at present.

I still have high hopes for the "real" game they're making, but this BR test sort of thing... I didn't feel it was much fun or very good at all.