Archeage Unchained Faction Vote

Discussion in 'ArcheAge Unchained' started by Sagenas, Sep 17, 2019.

?

Nuian (west) or Harani (east)

Poll closed Sep 27, 2019.
  1. Nuian

49.3%
  2. Harani

44.8%
  3. Either is fine

6.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Llyr

Llyr Tenacious Gamer

I feel like I should probably mention something about the East continent. There's this misconception that it's mostly deserts, but only two maps could be called deserts. However, I'd probably call Arcum Iris more of a savannah (it even has zebras... evil zebras). Sunbite Wilds is certainly a desert though. Tigerspine, Mahadevi, and Perinoor Ruins are jungles. Solis Headlands is like those sandy coastlines with dunes and grass. Villanelle, Hasla, and Ynestere are all temperate, but two have an eastern flair while one has a western flair. Silent Forest is an old growth temperate forest with a giant lake in the middle. Falcorth Plains and Windscour Savannah are both plains (the kind of grasslands that you'd find buffalo). Rookborne Basin is mountainous and is also temperate. Plus it has some pretty cool geological structures (those cylindrical-ish mountain things like in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park).

As for cultural influences, Haranya has a mix of North African, Indian, Middle Eastern, Tibetan, Mongolian, Korean and Chinese cultures (some people say Japanese too, but I think Villanelle is just Korean?). Ynestere and Silent Forest are European (I think Ynestere is French? Not sure about Silent Forest). There's also one spot in Ynestere that has influences from Oceanic cultures (it's the Malika village). And then there's Sunbite wilds, which is based off of Mad Max's Fury Road lol.

The music in Haranya is nice too. I prefer the music from Mahadevi, Austera, and Caernord over Marianople's and Ezna's (I have to mute the music in those cities because I can't stand it lol). Also not a huge fan of the field music in Ezna and Cinderstone Moor (not the "Oreo" one, but the one that sounds kind of like battle music but isn't). Another thing that bugs me about the Western continent so far is the abrupt transition from temperate forest to desert in Dewstone plains. White Arden is pretty cool though.

TLDR: I love the ecological and cultural variety of Haranya and prefer the music there over Nuia's (but White Arden is cool).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Mishi and AmazonCheesecake like this.
  2. Llyr

Llyr Tenacious Gamer

Oh-
    here's a list of the guilds on Tyrenos btw (Wynn is best though :p )

West:
    - Ambition
    - Apathy Epidemic
    - Burgenvold
    - Cair Paravel
    - Casual Crowd
    - Clover
    - Cynical
    - Djaya Fan Club
    - Drop Dead
    - DVS
    - Electric Boogaloo
    - Enla
    - Epidemic
    - Hoppo Cult
    - Imperial
    - Lotus
    - Mithril Mercenaries
    - Mutiny
    - Requiem
    - School Idols
    - Storm Knights
    - Symphony
    - The Phoenix
    - The Zealots
    - X-Pesca

East:
    - Alpha
    - ApeX
    - Arcane
    - Baka
    - Beef
    - Coffee Duty
    - Envy
    - Enwards
    - Exodus
    - Flex
    - Guild Wars 2 Refugees
    - Happy Delivery
    - Haranya Empire
    - Heathens
    - Heavenly Sword
    - Krookborne
    - Moshi Moshi
    - Never Odd or Even
    - No Quarter
    - Orca
    - Pirates of the Patriarchy
    - Pizza Time
    - Red Dress Mafia
    - Shadowhawks
    - Sons of Jartor
    - Sugoi
    -Tempest Wolves
    - The Black Tides
    - The Donkeys
    - ThreePointSix

Pirate:
    - Laughing Coffin
    - Fist of Empers

Undecided:
    - Leviathan

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    AmazonCheesecake and Wish like this.
  3. Switch

Switch Koala Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

4. Sagenas

Sagenas Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

So 1 server East dominates in number of guilds, other is West...

5. Avocet

Avocet Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

laughing coffin was on my old server. very good pvpers.

6. Daggamie

Daggamie Tenacious Gamer

As a perpetual elven lover.... :joy:

Jamfalcon, Korra and AmazonCheesecake like this.
  7. Llyr

Llyr Tenacious Gamer

Chose East for Villanelle :p

Sagenas likes this.
  8. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Heroic Gamer

So many GW2 guilds from Tier 1/2 WvW I know going there....Dawwwwwww I wonder if a few more are gonna go too...lol

AmazonCheesecake likes this.
  9. Mishi

Mishi Tenacious Gamer Epic Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Heroic Gamer

Totally found out I can make Hatsune Miku as a dwarf..lol

East:
    [​IMG]

West:
    [​IMG]

AmazonCheesecake and Wish like this.
  10. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

go west for the twintails!! \o/
    i was actually very upset harani doesn't have this cause I was just gonna make my dwarf and harani preset similar
    harani doesn't have any decent options actually..I'm not sure why they're SO limited for no particular reason?? :( maybe they'll get more options with AAU? D:

11. Sagenas

Actually I believe they do, video shows some mask and hairstyles not there previously, but gotta wait till oct1

Wish likes this.
  12. Sagenas

Another try for east
    warborn transformation, ravager
    Queen’s Blessing"

- Makes the ravage temporarily immortal, preventing lethal damage from killing it. But also increases received damage +25%. When Queen’s Blessing ends, you return to your normal form and are incapacitated for a short time.
    - This skill’s maximum duration decreases in proportion to remaining Ravager time.
    now think about this, big group on you, u can aoe pull and tank for 10-20 seconds WITHOUT dying

Avocet likes this.
  13. Bulldog

Bulldog Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Chapter Lead Final Fantasy XIV CEO Veteran Member

@Sagenas I'll see your Warborn Transformation and raise you a Dwarf Juggernaut!

Here are all the class bonuses (for Archeage 3.0 at least)
    • Changed the unique Nuian Racial Skills:
    - "Warrior Architects" - Reduces construction time for houses and castles -30% for 5min.
    - "Nui’s Blessing" - Nui’s Blessing Increases strength, spirit, intelligence, stamina, and agility +10% for 5min. Cannot be used during the Nui’s Consolation buff.

• Changed the unique Elf Racial Skills:
    - "Lithe Flow" - Increases swim speed +5% and allows you to hold your breath for +30sec for 5min.
    - "Environmentalist" - Increases the Maximum Health of all allies’ mounts within 10m by +10% for 5min.

• Added new Race - Dwarf. Dwarf unique Racial Skills:
    - "Dwarven Artifice" - Decreases Machinery production time -30% for 5min.
    - "Summon Juggernaut" - Summons a powerful suit of mechanized armor for 5min, preventing the use of normal skills but granting access to new Juggernaut combat skills.
    - Dwarf Transformation (Juggernaut Skills) has multiple limitations but, in exchange, provides the access to multiple battle skills.

• Changed the unique Firran Racial Skills:
    - "Strong Claws" - Enables you to climb trees and ladders 50% quicker, and increases move speed while dashing +10% 5min.
    - "Catlike Reflexes" - Negates fall damage for 5min.

• Changed the unique Harani Racial Skills:
    - "Jungle Tamers" - Decreases Logging and Gathering time -30% for 5min, and resets Recall cooldown.
    - "Explosives Expertise" - Increases ship/tank Cannon damage +3% for 5min.

• Added new Race - Warborn. Warborn unique Racial Skills:
    - "Brute Strength" - Increases Move Speed +10% while carrying trade packs for 5min.
    - "Ravager" - Unleashes the Warborn’s demonic form for 5min, preventing the use of normal skills but granting access to new Ravager combat skills.
    - Warborn Transformation (Ravager Skills) has multiple limitations but, in exchange, provides the access to multiple battle skills.

Transformation Skills
    Juggernaut Skills (Dwarf Transformation):
    • "Primary Shelling Attack" (consist of 4 distinct phases)
    - Homing Round: 30m range single projectile. Inflicts Target Lock, making enemies more susceptible to other Juggernaut skills. Also unleashes the Fire Flood effect under the target’s feet when it hits, which deals damage over time to anyone who stands there.
    - Scattershot: Fires a burst of shrapnel at nearby targets, hitting closer targets multiple times. Fires extra shrapnel at nearby Locked targets.
    - Bombardment: Fires a stream of fireballs at the target. Has a chance to interrupt on Critical Hits.
    - Dual Cannon: Fire two enormous fireballs at the target. Guaranteed critical hit on Locked targets. Deals additional damage to Stunned targets.
    • "Primary Melee Attack" (consists of 3 distinct phases)
    - Iron Fist: Charges up to 20m towards a target and attacks them.
    - Uppercut: Launches the target into the air.
    - Leaps up to 12m and slams down on a target’s location, dealing damage in a small area. Stuns Locked targets.
    • "Mountain’s Wrath" - A freezing spin attack, damaging and slowing all enemies in an 8m radius.
    • "Tactical Bomb" - A 20m projectile that can provide a number of effects, depending on which skill you use before it.
    - Shelling skills load Fire Bombs, which deal cause continuous explosions in a small area on impact.
    - Melee Skills load Frost Bombs, which slow all enemies in a large area on impact.
    - Shield Skills load Gale Bombs, which increase the Attack Speed and Move Speed of all allies within a large area of effect.
    • "Shield Stance"
    - Lowers armor plating in front of the Juggernaut and erects a powerful forcefield for a short time. Grants the Juggernaut +40% Block Rate and restores 180% of damage received as health. All allies behind the forcefield receive -20% damage.
    - Enables Juggernaut Charge
    • "Juggernaut Charge" - Charges forward during Shield Stance, damaging and tripping all enemies that get in your way. The longer shield stance is maintained before charging, the longer your charging distance.
    • "Temporal Armor"
    - Grants immunity to all debuffs for a short time, but drains the Juggernaut’s power supply much faster. When Temporal Armor ends, the Juggernaut disappears and the caster is temporarily incapacitated.
    - Temporal Armor’s maximum duration decreases in proportion to remaining Juggernaut time.
    • "Assisted Loading" - Using Iron fist removes the cast time from Homing Round, but prevents it from inflicting Target Lock or Fire Flood.
    • "Auto-loading" - Loads Tactical Bombs depending on the skill used.
    • "Staggering Blow" - Uppercut pushes Slowed targets back much further.
    • "Endless Storm" - Temporal Armor removes the cooldown on Mountain’s Fury.

Ravager Skills (Warborn Transformation):
    • "Reaving Claws" (consists of 2 distinct phases)
    - Attack 1: Damages the enemy.
    - Attack 2: Inflicts Bleeding on Shaken targets.
    - Attack 3: Deals additional damage depending on the targets rank of Bleeding (up to 80% at Rank 5 Bleeding)
    • "Scything Kick" (consists of 2 distinct phases)
    - Attack 1: Deals damage to all enemies in a 6m radius and pulls them closer. Inflicts Bleeding if used while under the effects of Hunter’s Glory.
    - Attack 2: Damages all enemies in a 4m radius and inflicts Shaken.
    • "Rupture" - Slams the ground, damaging all enemies in an 8m radius. Trips Bleeding enemies.
    • "Soar" - Propels the Ravager into the air, damaging all enemies within 6m on takeoff and launching them briefly into the air. Removes the Shaken debuff. The caster floats in place for 3sec, during which they can use Dive.
    • "Dive" - Fly up to 40m towards a target, dealing damage to all enemies within a 6m radius on impact. Inflicts bonus damage on Launched enemies. Can only be used while Soaring.
    • "Adaptive Plating"
    - Covers the ravager in blade-sharp scales, slowing move speed and reducing evasion, but also reducing received damage by -50%. Duration is doubled if cast while under 50% maximum health.
    - The caster can end this effect early by casting Scale Burst, which launches the scales forward and deals damage to all enemies in a straight line.
    • "Queen’s Blessing"
    - Makes the ravage temporarily immortal, preventing lethal damage from killing it. But also increases received damage +25%. When Queen’s Blessing ends, you return to your normal form and are incapacitated for a short time.
    - This skill’s maximum duration decreases in proportion to remaining Ravager time.
    • "Thirst for Carnage" - Rupture restores 6-8% of maximum Health when used.
    • "Hunter’s Glory" - Grants a stacking buff whenever Dive is used, increasing Attack Speed, Move Speed, Evasion, and Skill Damage. Stacks up to 3 times.
    • "Razor Scales" - Inflicts Bleed on melee attackers that hit you during Adaptive Plating. Also grants a stack of Razor Scales for each time you are hit, which increase the range of Scale Burst.
    • "Tireless Predator" - Queen’s Blessing significantly reduces the cooldown of Rupture and Soar.

Avocet, Wish and AmazonCheesecake like this.
  14. Avocet

Obviously east is the way to go.

Mishi and Druzy like this.
  15. Sagenas

@Bulldog
    Juggernaut is more range
    Ravager is more upclose

16. Rem

Rem Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Gundam (Nuian) for Life!! .;D

17. Kintsurugi

Kintsurugi 封印神の禁断剣 Tenacious Gamer

Looks like only Female Elf got the update, Male Elf in the second half of the video got nothing. :joy::joy::joy:

18. Sagenas

There might be new hairstyles and face paint.

19. Kintsurugi

I believe they got 3 new hairstyles and no new face paint. It's in the video, but it doesn't seem like they got a mesh update like the Female Elf did.

20. Wish

Wish \( ´ ♡`)/ Epic Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

yeah its only a partial map overhaul too but I guess the whole thing is in progress???
    either way they should get to the other races and maps at some point, I would think.. otherwise that's just dumb lol

21. Avocet

C'mon guys, didnt most of you already play the west content? Don't you want to see what the east has to offer? Experience the eastern lore and wonderful landscapes. Do you really want to repeat the same gameplay again?

22. Wish

I'm pretty sure a good chunk of the people that voted west are new players so...your argument doesn't work lol

23. Druzy

Druzy Kaisce Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

And a good chunk of them are old players as well. :p
    That being said, I'm an old player that played east and doesn't want to change, so there's that....

Wish and AmazonCheesecake like this.
  24. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

West is pretty!

Wish, AmazonCheesecake and Korra like this.
  25. Misaki

Misaki Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

I would like to hear this story!

26. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer ArcheAge Unchained Officer Veteran Member

yay west!

27. Sagenas

I HOPE WHOMEVER VOTED WEST:
    STEPS ON A LEGO!!
    PUT TOO MUCH SALT ON FOOD!!
    SHARTED INSTEAD OF FARTING!!
    ORDER BREAKFAST AT RESTAURANT, THEN TOLD "IM SORRY, WE STOPPED SERVING BREAKFAST 5 MINS AGO"

Muhahhah! Curse you all!!!

Im sure we will have fun in AAU

28. Kintsurugi

Around level 20 I found myself in a familiar area despite only having played a short while after initial launch. I guess that means I played Weast from the beginning.

I'm a terrible founder; in all games I've founded. :grin: