ArcheAge Dailies Beginner's Guide - Crimson Rift

Discussion in 'Guides' started by TartFlavor, Oct 23, 2019.

1. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Crimson Rift
    Crimson Rift is a world event that takes place in Cinderstone Moor at 12:00 game time, six times per day. You'll see raids for CR forming in nation chat as early as 40 minutes before the event takes place. Make sure you join a raid for this via nation chat or raid finder (ctrl+f and click the magnifying glass). Because there are often a few different raids doing Crimson Rift at a time, you may need to run it more than once a day to complete quest credit.

Getting the quest & grouping up
    The first step to Crimson Rift is activating the quests. Look for the quest-givers in Cinderstone at Seachild Wharf (outside the front gates) or in Burnt Castle Camp - they'll have purple exclamation marks over their head, like most daily quest-givers. They'll give three quests you need to accept.

After you've accepted the quests, group up with your raid at the Nui statue by Kareldar Crater in Cinderstone. Kareldar Crater is actually a great place to mind stone/iron, so if you need any look for veins inside it.
    [​IMG]

Completing the quests
    Once the event starts at 12:00 the raid will break off in one of a few possible directions depending on where the mobs spawn. Follow the raid and do your best to tag quest mobs along the way. You'll generally need to stay on your mount to keep up with the raid, but due to the abundance of players mounts will often despawn. Gliders are another good way to keep up with the raid. While the raid is moving, you should be getting credit for the first Crimson Rift quest.

Eventually the raid will reach the shore and wait for mob spawns. Jump in the pile of bodies and spam AOEs to try and tag any mobs you can for your raid. Eventually you should get credit for the second and third quests.

Hound of Kyrios
    After farming the mobs from Crimson Rift for a bit, you'll see a message pop up at the top of your screen saying something along the lines of "A voice rings out 'I will take the lead'" and two "Hound of Kyrios" bosses will spawn. Once you notice this starting, spam all the instant-cast AOEs you have - this is the most important tag of Crimson Rift to get for your raid. Due to the mass of people at Crimson Rift, the hounds usually aren't hard to take down - just spam what you can on them.

Rewards
    Crimson Rift is probably the most valuable world event at this stage of the game as it's quick, frequent, and gives great rewards. Completing the three quests will earn you Improved Infusion Supply Kits which you can choose either Mysterious Hiram Infusions or Mysterious Abyssal Enhancers from. For now, you're going to want to choose the Hiram Infuses as they're used to upgrade your gear. You'll also get a few different types of rewards off the Hound of Kyrios. The boss counts for completion towards both the ArchePass and guild missions. You'll get 10 gold, 40 guild XP, 10 prestige, and 41800 XP off these. There's a few rare drops which are nice if you get, but don't worry too much about them as they aren't crucial. You'll also get a Hound of Kyrios Soulstone - these can be vendored for 1 gold each. They're also a part of an extensive quest chain for a ring, but it's such a long questline I wouldn't bother holding on to them for now.
    upload_2019-10-23_12-59-20.png

Other Guides
    Guild/Family Dailies and the ArchePass
    Grimghast Rift

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Kimmz, Mishi and AmazonCheesecake like this.
  2. Mishi

Mishi Guild Reaper Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Tart thank you!!
    This is awesome!
    [​IMG]

3. TartFlavor

TartFlavor At least I'm not Loanwolf Website Administrator Legendary Gamer Veteran Member

Alright so I think the only use of the Soulstones is as part of an extensive quest chain. I wouldn't bother holding them myself.

4. Kimmz

Kimmz Akita....Aka Kimmz Tenacious Gamer

Nice thanks...