An Epic Battle in RL, Syress is Victorious

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Syress, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Syress

Syress Slayer of Bats Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Around 8pm at this evening, I was sitting at my desk gaming in an SR group on my healer, when I heard a subtle rustle in the house. My house was built @ 1930 mind you, its a twin and adjoins with a pretty active family of five, so there's alot of "bumps in the night'. The wind was howling outside, and there's a few trees brushing against my house, so I easily dismissed the noise. The glad in our group aggroed a pat which chain aggroed about five mobs. Healing my ass off I heard the rustle again, but really didn't focus on it as I was trying deserately to keep my group alive. Needless to say, the glad apologized and bailed in the middle of the fight (his name is Thereaper...be warned), and we wiped.

As we were licking our soul sickness, I was rezzin my group when suddenly a shadow flashed across the wall. Startled, I swiveled in my chair to see a large gray bat swoop down towards my head. It flew over me missing by only a few inches, and landed in the upper left corner of the room towards the ceiling. In a panic I typed "EMERGENCY AFK" in chat, and panned around the room for anything to arm myself with. Luckily not far from me was hanging my trusty battle-axe. I snatched it off the wall just as the bat flew around for another past, this time keeping his distance but landing on the door molding to the right of me about six foot away.

Still too far for a melee attack, I slowly bent down and wrapped my head with a t-shirt (helm), to protect myself from the fiend possibly spreading its lice plague. With the beast still fortified in the molding of my door, I quietly crept within range. Wringing the studded handle of the axe in my hand, my heart raced as I stealthly made my way towards him.

Once close enough I targeted my adversary and attacked! I swung my trusted axe and sliced the winged creature, hacking it across the back. The beast shrieked in pain, and took flight again flailing wildly. I jumped back defensively; however my strike had landed true, and its injuries were too severe for it too attack. Wounded heavily it bounced into the wall, and fell sprawling to the ground. Seeing my foe was now prone, my eyes widened with the oppertunity. I swung again at the stunned hellion, this time missing a vital area, but impaling its wing. I could feel the spike of the axe thud into the hardwood under the carpet, pinning it to the ground. The winged monster flailed about trying desperately to free itself.

With my enemy paralyzed, I waltzed back over to my armory and pulled my long sword off the wall. Casually strolling back over, I raised my weapon above the subdued foe. With both hands clutching the hilt, I thrusted the point of the sword down on the beast driving it into his chest right below the neck. The steel blade slice throught its body with a crunch, and all movement ceased from its body. Leaning my sword against the wall, I remorsefully returned to my chair and typed "sry all, 2 more mins afk" and left to give my worthy foe a proper burial...tossing it in the snow in my back yard.

Pics of the Saga

Scene of the initial pull.
    [​IMG]

The combat
    [​IMG]

The weapons
    [​IMG]

The remains

[​IMG]

Special thanks to Blud, who was in vent with me at the time to grats me and ask how much XP I received lol

Larias likes this.
  2. Cyndir

Cyndir Ranger RAGE! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

And to think I was gonna come visit ya. With critters like that, not so sure. But I would feel safe w/ you standing guard wielding your axe and sword in my defense.........

so how much xp was the bat worth?

3. Zawr

Zawr I'm the f**king Monarch! Loremaster Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Holy shit. This is the most epic thread ever posted on our forums. Truly, an epic battle!

4. Falfouran

Falfouran Test Loremaster 2009 Original Member

Speechless...I am utterly speechless. Wow!

5. Thermopyle

Thermopyle Penultimate Oligochaeta Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

I don't think the bat enjoyed it so much.

6. Termintor

Termintor I'll PvP your face off! Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Syress That was truly an epic battle and hillarous story!

KD and Crippling Cut ftw?

7. Tromin

Tromin Test Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer 2009 Original Member

8. heretic

heretic 10-96 and loving it Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Nothing I could ever post would be half as cool as this, i kneel before you

9. Icesa

Icesa leather bound Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

but you left out the best part of the story what phat lootz did ya get from him lol

10. Nizroc

Nizroc I cry when you die, it's what I do Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Sy, you win.... best photo series and epic battle. I would love to see more sy battles.

11. vialetta

vialetta Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

All l can say is where were you when we had possums in our roof!!!!!!

12. korp

korp I'm not a raven. Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

That was an awesome story. Next time my house is infested with bats I'm calling you instead of the exterminators.

13. BLUD

BLUD Shit Stirrer Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Phat Loots =

2 x Mangled Bat Wings (cooking material)

1 x Viscous Bat Guts (Alchemy Material)

I was laughing my ass off when Syress came back from AFK and told the group what had happened.

14. Icesa

Icesa leather bound Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

what no bat teeth for merchant fodder...what a rip off lol

15. Herta

Herta My own biggest fan Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

HOLY SHIT that battleaxe was badass.
    /thread

16. Thermopyle

Thermopyle Penultimate Oligochaeta Honored Legendary Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Niz wants more pictures, more naughty pictures of Sy and black leathery creatures in mortal combat and/or various er.. positions.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  17. Razael

Razael Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member 2009 Original Member

Phaw! Poor bat!

But damn, what a way to go.. impaled by battleaxe and then double tapped by longsword... awesome.

Beware for the vengeful son though... There is always a vengeful son

18. Thermopyle

Hell yeah! Be warned fuckers.

19. chicomalo

chicomalo Test 2009 Original Member Tenacious Guest

Just so you guys know, Syress got full heals from me on that pull!!!!...Wow dude that was soo funny and Epic Syress you tha man bro!!! Tenacious Woman want you... even Tayome wants you..my kids think you are a bad ass dude.. and MikeJ from PVP server thinks you are a Marine.."I say you are TENACIOUS"!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011