ALPHA 1 BABY!

Discussion in 'Ashes of Creation' started by LoanWolf, Sep 20, 2018.

1. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Stress Test

Greetings Glorious Alpha One Testers,

The time has come to participate in our upcoming Alpha One Phase 1 stress tests! From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank you for being a part of this incredible journey and can't wait to hear your feedback.

By receiving this email, your account has been confirmed for processing. You can expect an email with your testing credentials and set up instructions within the following 7 days.

As you know, a bonus phase to our Alpha One has been implemented, and we are happy to announce that we have entered this phase early! This bonus phase of Alpha One, which we call Phase 1, is purely focused on action combat and arena matchmaking. It includes a Battle Royale mode, for ease/fun in testing action components, as well as, a Castle Siege mode and Horde mode which will be implemented in updates to the Alpha One arena moving forward.

As a Glorious Backer of Alpha One, you are entrusted with helping us work out the kinks in the system. You will experience bugs, connection failures and game server issues. We want you to report these to us!

This is our first mass test, with nearly 10,000 Alpha One backers! Here are some features we are asking our testers to focus on for this build:

Server stability - Please record all login or connection errors you experience.

Action Combat - When you experience any bugs with our combat, we would like to know!

Matchmaking system - Que up for matches and let us know about wait times and matchmaking errors.

Further instructions will be made available as needed by our Development team.

The following stress test period will prepare our Alpha One Phase 1 servers for your coming playtests. After this stress test period is complete, a date will be announced when the servers will become available for your testing on a 24/7 basis.

Stress Tests : September 21st - October 5th, 2018

Testing hours and days will vary during this time.

Lastly, it's important that you know by Stress Test we mean STRESS test. With your relentless game-play, we hope to find all the bugs and weaknesses. We are happy to announce, that Alpha One backers will be entitled to unique cosmetics reflective of your participation during these testing periods, the more you test, the more rewards you will be able to achieve! ( A special thank you from the team :heart: ) We will reveal more about these rewards in the near future.

Your diligence in testing will ensure Ashes of Creation will be a game we can all be proud of and it is a process we are honored to have you be a part of. From all of us here at Intrepid, thank you for your support and dedication! See you in game soon and let's break the game!

With love,
    Intrepid Studios

2. Ledmojo

Ledmojo Dragon with no fire Website Administrator Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

battle royale mode?

3. LoanWolf

LoanWolf Rangers > Berzerkers Honored Mythic Gamer Legendary Gamer Ashes of Creation Chapter Lead WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

Ill let you know how it is!

4. Ledmojo

Ledmojo Dragon with no fire Website Administrator Legendary Gamer WoW: Classic Officer Veteran Member

no streaming allowed yet?

5. LoanWolf

No NDA anymore

6. Ledmojo

wow so early. impressive

7. Ledmojo

I also just read that servers will be up 24/7 till launch in alpha 2

8. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

Guess I'll start paying attention to this game now that it can be streamed.

9. LoanWolf

I just like that Ill get sweet rewards if I test it a bunch. So time to no life some ashes swag.

Bobuko and Averie like this.
  10. Zeklomontu

Zeklomontu Here to help Legendary Gamer Final Fantasy XIV Director Final Fantasy XIV Officer Veteran Member

That's a really good idea. Just extra benefit for people who were already planning on playing alpha a bunch, but gives incentives to people who weren't planning on it too much to make sure they get enough testing done.

Averie likes this.
  11. Jamfalcon

Jamfalcon Retired Tenacious Gamer

Woah, Ashes can be streamed in alpha 1
    I done messed up

But, nice to everyone that's in and I'm looking forward to seeing some of that action!

12. Serenaelia

Serenaelia Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I got my letter too!!!!! So excited to finally try this.... I am reporting EVERYTHING to the point they will say : Seren, here's a butt load of cosmetics...leave us alone now!!!!

My reply: nou.
    :joy:

Demonskyfish, Jamfalcon and Bobuko like this.
  13. Ledmojo

All I ask for is unbiased reporting- pros and cons please

Shiala likes this.
  14. LoanWolf

Im captain unbiased

15. Serenaelia

Serenaelia Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I am reporting everything. I want a smooth launch or at least, a smooth game in the future...I am going to be so anal about everything they will nickname me Ms. SerenEnima....

16. Bambi

Bambi Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer

Actually there's still a "no recording" NDA on the Stress Test, but that should be lifted fairly soon.

Loanwolf, what name will you be using this weekend? I'm gunning for ya! ;)

Averie likes this.
  17. Bambi

Totally unbiased report: "IT'S FUCKING GORGEOUS!!!!!!"

Lots of Alpha type issues, but man, I keep forgetting I'm supposed to be fighting people because I keep coming up onto vistas that just flat take my breath away.

Bobuko and Averie like this.
  18. Monte

Monte Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

Grats, hopefully joining you soon!

19. stafoo

stafoo Epic Gamer Epic Gamer WoW: Classic Chapter Lead

Any updates on when the next round of stress testing is?

20. Ledmojo

@LoanWolf have y'all played yet? Saw they couldn't get the client working Friday

21. Serenaelia

I am still waiting for information. Should come this week tho.

22. Bambi

Had one of those "Ooooo" moments last night.

I'd picked up a Crossbow of Revealing. I thought I saw someone over by a big building so I hit Q to activate the magic ability of the crossbow and fired in that general direction. Well as the big display of magical effects went off over where my bolt landed, I noticed a very faint outline of a player halfway between me and where the bolt hit. HE WAS SNEAKING MY DIRECTION! So I quickly filled him with crossbow bolts and got the kill. ;)

Gonna have to have an xbow or bow of Revealing on me anytime I leave town in the real game!

23. Jet

Jet Epic Gamer Epic Gamer Veteran Member

Sounds amazing....hope you all have fun in the beta!

24. Serenaelia

So got to test the game yesterday. Must say it was very interesting and I can see the game will have an interesting learning curve.
    The effects are a bit too flashy in my opinion, hope they tone it down a bit. The abilities are very interesting and the game was running very smoothly, hope that remains that way. I was able to try out the invisibility / morphing effect...it was absolutely cool.
    I am not that greatly fond of the dodge system: I prefer pressing the key twice rather than using shift. But that is me.
    Love the glow effect for gear. Lots of bugs: falling through floors, ability to fire through boxes and various obstacles, but this is alpha, so it is to be expected. Very little glitches in the world and the colors are not too bright, so it doesn't look like a cartoon.
    Clean interface, not much clutter, menu window seemed very self explanatory.

Looking forward to see more of this game.

Ledmojo likes this.
  25. Averie

Averie Averie#1956 - Add me! Website Administrator Mythic Gamer Veteran Member

He's one of the few still waiting for his key.

26. Ledmojo

Awesome write up so far! cant wait to hear more

Serenaelia likes this.
  27. Bambi

Probably Friday, Sat or Sunday. Another round of emails will go out Wednesday. (according to Steven's Discord posts)

28. Serenaelia

I was a male and couldn't wear purple...THAT was the biggest bug of them all!!! LMAO

Kidding. Hopefully I will be in the next round and write more goodies for ya :)

29. Bambi

Note to those playing the Battle Royale: Beware the Red swirly storm, it is not your friend. ;)

Now I've played other BR type games but Sunday when I was too near the collapsing edge I saw that oh so pretty red swirly stormfront approach. I was thinking how cool it looked and let it pass over me. It's even prettier on the INSIDE! :)

Then, of course, I noticed how much damage I was taking from it and had to sadly leave.

Healers are going to have their hands full in this title if the dangerous AOE stuff is that pretty to look at! It's like giving candy to a DPS, they'll stand in it!

30. Vanye

Vanye Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

@Serenaelia Don't forget to post your comments on the AoC forums. They take into consideration all concerns. I agree with the double tap for dodging and I have seen many games that use both the shift+direction and double tap. If enough people say something about it I'm sure it would not be hard for them to implement.

Serenaelia likes this.
  31. Siafu

Siafu strength in numbers Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

:joy::joy::joy:LMFAO:joy::joy::joy:

Serenaelia likes this.
  32. Serenaelia

He should make sure to check all his folders. At first, my emails were ending up in spam/junk emails. That is where Splint found his email a couple of days ago.

Averie likes this.
  33. Sagenas

Sagenas Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Well, Cranberry wont play then, he is all about purple male.

Serenaelia likes this.
  34. Bambi

Three or four of us have posted about the double tap dodge in the Alpha Suggestions forum now.