Addons

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft: Retail' started by Trox, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Trox

Trox Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

I thought I would start up a thread to discuss addons that are being used and/or recommended to use. Figured it would be useful for those of us just getting back into Retail after some time off from the game; might also be helpful to say where to get the addon from since there can be a few locations for them.

The ones I use right now are:

Elvui - basically a complete overhaul of the WoW UI; hotbars, player/target frames, bags, chat, ect. - you can find the download at ElvUI

ElvUI Shadow & Light - a little addon to the ElvUI base addon that gives it a little more functionality - can get it via the Twitch App

Deadly Boss Mods (DBM) - helps with raid callouts and what nots - can get it via Twitch App

Omen Threat Meter - an aggro tracker add-on- can get it via Twitch App

Auctioneer - useful AH addon that helps keep track of sale prices for things (not updated yet for 8.3 due to the AH getting a complete overhaul I guess) - can get via Twitch App

Fishing Buddy - a extremely useful fishing addon that really helps with fishing (louder bobber noise, sparklies to make bobber easier to spot, option to right click cast, and insta-loot catch, also tracks which fish you catch where) - can get it via the Twitch App

MonkeyQuest (also MonkeyBuddy) - a complete overhaul of the quest tracker; need to download MonkeyBuddy to get full options of MonkeyQuest - can get it via the Twitch App

MoveAnything - allows you to move and/or hide pretty much any piece of the default UI (I mainly got it to hide the default quest tracker) - can get it via the Twitch App

VuhDo - Raid Monitor that helps with casting heals, cures, buffs with different mouse clicks; mostly made for healers but other classes may enjoy the layout functions - can get it via the Twitch App

World Quest List - helps keep track of all the World Quests in the current zone - can get it via the Twitch App

These are the current Addons that I use; will update later if I add some more.

2. Kayena

Kayena Tenacious Gamer

Thank you, I had gotten Monkey Quest but didn't know about MonkeyBuddy, that helps a lot!!

3. Trox

Trox Tenacious Gamer Tenacious Gamer Veteran Member

Yeah the developers of MonkeyQuest had a few other things (like MonkeySpeed) that they had integrated altogether using MonkeyBuddy, but I think they dropped all the other stuff but looks like they hadn't bothered merging the two into just one addon for some reason. IMO MonkeyQuest, MoveAnything, and FishingBuddy are the three must have addons; everything else is just little fluff helpers.

4. Farish

Farish Tenacious Gamer

I recommend everyone use Details! Damage Meter to track top damage and healing during raids/dungeons.

WeakAuras 2 is also a great addon to help visualize all your skills, stacks, cooldowns etc..

Raider.IO Mythic Plus and Raid Progress is a good addon to see what your "io" rank. Basically, a rank on how good people do during raid/dungeons and people will look at yours when joining or inviting.

All are on Twitch App.