Birthday:
Oct 21, 1975 (Age: 44)
Systems Programmer

Elerene

Male, 44, from Garner, NC, USA

Tenacious Gamer
Elerene was last seen:
Jun 2, 2020
    1. There are no messages on Elerene's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 21, 1975 (Age: 44)
    Systems Programmer
    Hi there! I'm happily married since 2003, no kids (and no plans on having any), but three kitties! While I tend to be rather extroverted in game, I am not really in the real world. While I tend to be talkative in real life, being around a lot of people tends to drain my energy quite a bit. =) In game, most of the time I'm either fairly quiet, or yapping constantly. Sorry in advance! ;D I tend to be very excitable as well. Anyway -- enough of that!

I'm a systems programmer (Lead) at a university. What that amounts to is a combination systems administrator and programmer. I've worked here since I was a student here many years ago. (I graduated in 9:cool: I had a brief year long stint in industry but --- A. I found I didn't like doing ONLY programmer work and B. I find working at a university more fulfilling.

I play a large variety of games, though grand strategy and MMORPGs are definitely my top choices. While I tend to love single player RPGs, I often find them to be "lonely" experiences compared to similar RPG stories in MMOs. Even if I'm not in an active group in an MMO, I find simply seeing other players makes the world feel real and interesting.

In almost all MMORPGs, I aim to main a healer. Elerene is generally always my main, though I tend to go by Jadestorm in space/futuristic games. Elerene wasn't always my main though. Back when I first started my first open world MMORPG, Lord of the Rings Online, I was maining a ranger named Ikaelus. After going out into the Ettenmoors and spending a lot of time out there, I found that people kept wishing for more healers. I decided to take a shot at it, Elerene Ostinato the Minstrel, and fell in love. Ever since, almost without exception, Elerene has remained my main and unless it was simply not possible in the game, she has focused on healing.

I tend to be an alt-a-holic of sorts. I'm actually trying to avoid that of late -- but only because the game I'm focusing on right now allows it. I've always loved to have a ton of alts for two reasons: A. I always like to experience all of the classes and their move sets -- both to simply experience them, and to learn about what I'm seeing when others use those skills and B. because I like to play dress up to an extent. =P #fashionendgame

I like to call myself a casual player -- but I play a -lot-. It's just, I don't tend to focus on what folk who deem themselves hardcore normally focus on. I don't tend to aim to have amazing gear, or the best in game equipment, or whatever. I tend to go for what I can reasonably achieve to not be useless to my friends, and focus on things like music, exploring, sailing, etc.

Anywoo -- I think that's about enough of my blathering for now. ^_^ If you have any questions for me though, please feel free to ask! I'm generally an open book.