Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

What kind of headset are you pros using?

Termintor

I'll PvP your face off!
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Well after about 6 years my astro gaming headset is biting the dust, it has served me well. Helped me hear footsteps many a times in Counter strike and all that jazz!

They are rather expensive, and really not wanting to spend that much again right now. Anyone got any recommendations for a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound headset under 175 bucks that can be used on pc/xbox/ps4?

Peppermint

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score

Pein

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Logitech g930 got it from bestbuy for $70 originally priced at $150 I've been getting positive feedback from it. Also comes with a voice changer

Shiala

Obssesed with Glam way too much.
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Logitech G430, love it, comfortable (got a big head) and sounds amazing!

Averie

Averie#1956 - Add me!
Website Administrator
Mythic Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
http://www.trittonaudio.com/720plus

This is my headset ^^
It's mostly meant for consoles I think.. it has no software or anything to support it on the PC.
But it works great and it matches my case (and keyboard.. and mouse) - which was obviously the most important part...

7.1 Surround
Comfy (but I find most headsets comfy)
Nice Long Cord
All different adapters
Detachable Mic
$150

Last edited:

TartFlavor

At least I'm not Loanwolf
Website Administrator
Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/sirus/home.php

Had this maybe a year? Last headset I had was a turtle beach barely visible under duct tape which is not fun for hair. Cost me ~$100 iirc.

Very comfy but also fairly heavy. Not recommended for the weak of neck. Very durable and has been tested to the extreme.

It makes the sounds that are nice. Honestly, I'm not much of a sound person but this sounds good enough for me. The little control knob is fun, makes adjusting the volume really easy especially while in-game. Had some issues with setup but it was likely my own stupidity.

However, I don't think they make them anymore so this whole post was probably a waste of my time and yours.

Termintor

I'll PvP your face off!
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the recommendation folks. now time to get one muhahah

LoanWolf

Rangers > Berzerkers
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
$9 Wallmart special mic stand. Had other mics but lost in league of legends and threw them against the wall. This mic has also been thrown and has been hot glueed together.

Mendien

I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Logitech..the G930 style sound amazing and are over the ear if that matters. I can wear for hours with no issues. Be warned, in my house, the 930 has problems, it is something in my environment as 4 years ago I bought a pair that had the same issue. If you have issues, return and get the wired version.

grouchy

Smiling on the inside
Legendary Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Board Member
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Sennheiser for quite a few years now. Plantronics before that, but their build quality went down the toilet a long time ago.

Shiala

Obssesed with Glam way too much.
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Reviving this due to my headphones mysteriously having the cord cut, can't repair so time to start saving for a new pair. Out of these choices, which ones have the sturdiest cord?

I think my son shut the cord in a drawer, or ran over it but can't confirm. I have 3 cats, but only one of them ever showed an interest in it and she never bit it, just swatted it around.

Averie

Averie#1956 - Add me!
Website Administrator
Mythic Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Reviving this due to my headphones mysteriously having the cord cut, can't repair so time to start saving for a new pair. Out of these choices, which ones have the sturdiest cord?

I think my son shut the cord in a drawer, or ran over it but can't confirm. I have 3 cats, but only one of them ever showed an interest in it and she never bit it, just swatted it around.

I don't know of any cords that are kitty proof or Mini-Katmondi proof.

Mendien

I'm Uncle Mendien, come sit on my lap
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
And if you use (yeah you can't start a sentence with and...so what) a headset with the 1.8mm jacks and not USB, you could use BX cable sheathing!! That is the metal stuff used in commercial buildings. Dogs will not chew through that before you notice at least.

Top Bottom