Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Vanguard guide

Zorph

Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Here is a Vanguard Guide:
https://ro.my.com/forum/thread/3523-guide-vanguard/?postID=25775#post25775

This guide was written by Limourne for Codex and shared to the community so everyone can benefit from it. Thank you to Deioth for editing the guide. If you want to re-post or translate this guide, please give the credits to Codex. Please note that all of these names are unofficial and will change in EU/NA.
Introduction

Hi, I have played Revelation China for more than 2 months and have experiences in both Gunslinger (Level 66) and Vanguard (Level 65). The sources come mostly from Chinese guides and from my own experiences.

Vanguard Class Information
Vanguard is your standard tank class and is the go-to class for raid leading and initiating fights in PvP. The Vanguard has some damage mitigation abilities with very good Area of Effect damage.

Stats
Your main stats are Power/Strength, Spirit and Constitution. 100 power should be enough to level and generate aggro, the rest of your points can go into Spirit and Constitution.

Skills

Slam is your regular auto attack.

Swing is your highest damaging skill in your rotation. It’s an Area of Effect skill that applies bleed on your targets for 6 seconds (can be increased to 10 seconds) and can be stack up to 2 times (5 times with morph).

Breakthrough can be used differently either by choosing between doing more DPS or being more tanky. You can fully charge the skill to apply a debuff on your target that reduces their attack power by 10%, or you can instantly cast it without charging to be able to use your other abilities without delay. The knockback effect can be removed through morphing.

Rotary Cut is a 2 cast ability, the first cast knockdowns everyone in front of you in a cone and the second cast channels quick stabs in front of you which does low damage.

Dissection is your second highest damaging skill, which damages in front of you and leaves behind a long line of Area of Effect crack, which does Damage over Time.

Leap is your standard charge ability that can knockdown your targets.

Switch Stance is the ability to be able switch between tank stance, normal stance or dps stance (requires morphing). While in tank stance you will get more defensive stats, 50% threat generation and 50% movement speed reduction (this can be removed with a level 49 morph).

Dragon Grip can be used to grab your target to you or interrupt a casting ability, this is important for some boss mechanics.

Iron Blood is an Area of Effect buff that gives increased maximum health to yourself and your teammates. Even if you have 2 vanguards in your party it’s still worth using it on yourself for increased maximum HP and increased incoming healing.

Sky Roar is your CC break and CC immunity skill, which is very important to invest for in PvP. Increasing this skill reduces it’s cooldown which heavily affects how you will play in PvP. If this ability has to long cooldown you won’t be able to do anything in PvP, except for being a meat shield while eating all the CC.

Light Shield is your damage mitigation ability, which should only be used when you know you will be taking a lot of damage. While casting it you cannot do anything except for spamming Slam or, dodge and it can be recast earlier to explode.

Fearless has 3 different uses depending on your stance.
Defence stance: Damage decreased by 50% and defence increased by 50%
DPS stance: Damage increased by 50% and defence decreased by 50%
Normal stance: Damage increased by 20% and defence increased by 20%

Unparalleled Skills
Unparalleled skills are your F1-F6 skills. You can only have 3 out of 4 abilities active at the same time, for each side. Left side resource is generated through your damaging abilities and your right side resource is generated through damage taken.

This is what I have been using, and will keep using in the future.

(Left side)
Lightning Break is a shield throwing ability that does a lot of damage and can do double damage when your target is below a certain HP threshold. The double damage effect can be specced to reduce the required threshold.

(Left side)
Tornado is a 30 second channel bladestorm, which does minimal damage, which can be cancelled through dodging or jumping. This skill has some uses but in my opinion I think this skill is not really that good compared to the other unparalleled skills.

(Left side)
Charge is a skill that charges forward and pushes your enemies to the sides or forward depending on where you hit them on your charge. You cannot control your charge so once you use it you can only move forward.

(Left side)
Thousand Cracks is your highest damaging unparalleled skill that does massive Area of Effect damage and knockdowns enemies. The knockdowns, can be refreshed if your targets stay in the range of the ability. This skill requires a lot of left side resources and can take some time to charge up.

(Right side)
Thunder Shake is an Area of Effect knockdown skill that does minimal damage and has a short radius, which makes this pretty bad, compared to the other unparalleled skills.

(Right side)
Capture pulls all enemies surrounding you and stuns them. The range is a little bit bigger than it’s visual.

(Right side)
Gang Member is an Area of Effect buff and debuff spell, which works really well with Thousand Crack.

(Right side)
Absolute Guardian is your damage mitigation unparalleled skill that damages around you and reduces incoming damage by 50%.
Unparalleled Skill Tree

Every unparalleled skill can be upgraded through 4 different orbs. red orbs are for increased damage, orange decreased resource cost, blue cooldown reduction and green have a unique effect.

As for what you want to use is:
⦁ Lightning break: Red orb and green orb for reduced %HP threshold to activate the double damage effect.
⦁ Charge: Orange orb and red orb or green orb for increased knockdown duration.
⦁ Thousand Crack: Orange orb and Red orb
⦁ Capture: Blue orb and Green Orb for reducing enemies damage by x duration.
⦁ Gang Member: Red orb and Green orb for increased damage reduction on surrounding enemies
⦁ Absolute Guardian: Red orb and blue orb or Green orb for increased damage.
Post was edited 5 times, last by Limourne (25 minutes ago).

Maven, Veno, Nocht and 7 others like this.

Zorph

Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Gunslinger by Carthh

Gunslinger Playstyle
For the most part, the Gunslinger is built for high single target damage in both PvE and PvP. This does not mean you do poorly in everything else, single target dps is merely where you excel. The Gunslinger still has very respectable aoe damage and solo skills, but you will find you thrive the most in group content when you are not the main focus of the enemy, and you are free to unload on anyone and anything from afar. With that in mind, there is one crucial element you need to always keep in mind when playing a Gunslinger and that's your range.

20m
Start getting yourself comfortable with that number now because the Gunslinger is at their deadliest when 20 meters or more away from the mob. The Gunslinger has the longest range out of any class in the game topping out at 30m, this gives you a very comfy 10 meter range of 20m-30m away from the mob. So why do we need to be more than 20m away from the mob? At all times Gunslingers have a passive 10% damage boost when attacking monsters further than 20m away. Along with this, while in Sniper Stance your basic attack gains a bonus chance to do double damage when more than 20m away. Now comes the tough part, how do you actually maintain 20m between you and the mob? Well to be honest with you, you probably won't most of the time. Anytime you're doing group content, it should be fairly easy, but while leveling and out solo questing it's much tougher to actually stay 20m away at all times. The best option is to pull the mob as close to 30m as you can and follow up with your cc as the mob closes the gap and you burst them. Most of the time you'll be killing the enemy before they get to you anyway so don't worry too much about distance while solo.

Skill Basics

Sniper Stance
Most likely you'll go through 3 stages of life of a Gunslinger, Love, Hate, then back to Love. You'll level up your Gunslinger thinking to yourself, "Man why don't more people play this class it's amazing and so much fun!" Then you will hit level 20. At first you'll be stoked, a brand new ability called Sniper Stance that gives you a flat damage increase and on top of that it enhances your core dps abilities buffing them and giving them additional effects. As soon as you enter Sniper Stance and walk up to your first mob you'll notice yourself moving at a snails pace and understand what everyone warned you about. But fear not! Once you make it from level 20 all the way up to level 59 you'll be able to enhance sniper stance to remove the slow and you can move at full speed. But until then you'll have to constantly stance dance in and out of Sniper Stance while kiting mobs solo.

Sniper Stance is very straight forward, it's a simple toggle that draws your Sniper rifle and sheathes your pistols. In this stance you get a flat physical damage buff and it enhances your dps abilties with extra effects. While in Sniper Stance you move at 50% movespeed and regenerate dodge energy much slower. Ideally you would want to always be in Sniper Stance but early on you'll find it just isn't possible while solo. You can choose to not enter Sniper Stance, or learn how to dance in and out of it depending on your range to the mob and kiting it. At this time, I can't find a reason to use the pistols once you skill up Sniper Stance to remove the move speed slow, and therefore you would always remain in Sniper Stance.

Core
Let's go over some basic skill rotations and which skills are the most important. Most of the time you'll be focusing on 3 core abilities: Rapid Fire, Heavy Shot, and Bang Bang

Using these abilities can be very simple on the surface, but can be a little tricky when you take a closer look. Not only do they have varying degrees of cooldowns, 10s, 5s, and 3s, they also have different cast times: instant, 0.5s, and 2.5s. On top of this, Heavy Shot gains a large crit chance increase in sniper stance, and Rapid Fire applies a physical damage increase buff at the start of it's cast (regardless of stance). All three of these abilities are key to keeping your damage output high. For Beginners: Channel Rapid Fire, then use Heavy Shot, and finally use Bang Bang, then use each ability as they come off cooldown. For the Advanced, this is the very core of your rotation and while it may look simple on the surface, there are many intricacies you can do to increase your dps with it. A couple things I have tested and messed around with: the first being the obvious if Heavy Shot comes off cooldown but Rapid Fire is close to coming off cooldown its best to delay Heavy Shot to gain the damage boost from Rapid Fire, now the tricky part is I'm not sure how long you should delay for, right now I wouldn't delay longer than 1 second, as Heavy Shot has a base 5s cooldown and Rapid Fires buff lasts 5 seconds even if you Heavy Shot first you'll be able to Rapid Fire then Heavy Shot again inside the buff. Another trick I've found, which might be based on my ping, but it seems you fire your last rocket of Rapid Fire before the channel ends, what this means is as soon as your last rocket fires, you can jump cancel the end of the channel into your next ability (this still needs more testing on reliable ping). These are just a couple tips for now, I'm sure I'll come up with more later, either way you can't go wrong with just using these 3 on cooldown.

CC
The next important topic to cover with skills is how we can CC or crowd control targets. We have two basic knock downs Shock Grenade and Explosive Trap (Fire), one slowing field Explosive Trap (Ice) and one Ultimate Knockdown Steel Blades. Overall I'd say we have good amount of cc despite what other people may say. Your main form of CC is Shock Grenade on a 15s cd that's a targeted very small aoe. You also have a knockdown on your first "Blue/Defensive Ultimate" (more on ultimates later) Steel Blades which costs a low amount of ultimate charge power and has a 30s cd that fires in a straight thin line for 20m. The next one is a little confusing at first but once you understand how the skill works it's very easy so let's take a look at Explosive Trap.

Explosive Trap Fire/Ice
Explosive trap is very simple, you place a mine on the ground and when an enemy walks over it, it explodes dealing aoe damage. Now you also have the option when you place the trap for the next 3 seconds if you reactivate the ability your trap will walk towards your target and explode instead of waiting and applying the elements effect. The basics of the skill stay the same, while the only difference for Fire and Ice is they have an extra button each. Basically the way it works is you click Fire, you gain a buff enhancing your next trap you place making it a fire trap knocking down the enemy, and Ice that creates an aoe slowing field that reduces healing received in it. So the mine works exactly the same, but if you want to use a different element, you activate the buff first then the mine. The mine it self has a 5s cooldown while the Fire and Ice buffs have their own separate 20s and 30s cds respectively, allowing you to activate all 3 mines in a row fairly quickly. On top of this, you can place mines before hand on the ground but may only have 1 mine of each type active at a time. What this does mean though is you can place 3 mines (one of each type) in one spot at the same time like this :

Utility
So we've talked about CC now what other kind of utility do Gunslingers have? Well not very much. Two abilities come to mind that can be useful to others, the first being our level 50 ability Vigor which increases both crit and crit power (I know the website only says power but its both) for not only you but also your allies in a 30m range around you for 10s. A very very strong buff to use at the start of fights when everyone is popping their cooldowns. The other interesting utility ability that comes to mind is Cage. You call down a large steel cage in an area trapping anyone and anything inside it. Now this does mean you can trap a lot of mobs in it, along with your allies so be very careful with this. There's a couple other things that could be considered utility when speccing your skills in a certain way but nothing major comes to mind I'll add them later if I find something.

Rotation
I've been working with the rotation now that I have access to all the skills and I'm coming closer to what I feel to be the best rotation at the moment. This is by no means 100% correct, it's just what I have been doing and seems the strongest. It's a pretty straight forward rotation, mainly just using Rapid Fire first followed by Heavy Shot and your ult Deadly Shot. The problem is, Deadly shot is not worth using until it's skilled up to probably at least level 5+. If it's lower than this it's a dps lose to use Deadly Shot. When it's high enough level though, it feels very smooth using Rapid Fire for the buff and using the other two skills, and with Rapid Fire and Deadly Shot on the same cooldown, every time their up they fit together nicely. Once you've used those three you use Bang Bang on cooldown, and while all of those skills are recharging, you fill in the gaps with ALL of your other skills. Yup, when everything else is on cooldown you want to be using your bot, your grenade, your disengage, even your CC immunity skill. This is because these skills will generate ultimate charge for your right side so you can use your large robot for dps. The reason you are able to use all these skills is because it appears your auto attack ability has it's own separate gcd. What this means is you are able to use skills and while you're on gcd you can auto attack to fill at all times. Like I said this is just a preliminary rotation I've been working on a good starting point.

Ultimates
Basically you have a left and right side that also could be described as blue and red or offense and defense. Each side fills up from certain abilities, the left side fills up from your main dps abilities, while the right side fills up from your main defensive/utility abilities. You have a total of 8 Ultimates but can only use 6, 3 from each side. Almost all of the Ultimates have their uses in certain situations, the only one I personally do not like or really have a place for at the moment is Flurry. It's simply too low damage and too widespread to really be worth it, otherwise all of the other Ultimates are strong in their own way. On the right side you'll probably be opting to not use the Cage most of the time as your odd man out. I don't think I'll be able to get the giant mech suit on China any time soon but from what I've seen the damage in the suit is incredibly high and we will probably prioritize this in our rotation but I won't know for sure until I can test it.

Basic/Ultimate Skills Skill Up Priority
This section also will be mostly blank for now as there is a lot of testing to be done on it. This includes both skill points and skill order. Mainly you want to just focus on skilling up your core skills. Look to put points into increasing the damage done, and if you are doing PvE putting points into increased damage against monsters. Start with points in Rapid Fire first then Heavy Shot.

Stats
Now comes the tough one, how you distribute your stats. Now before you read further I'll say this now,do not dump all of your points into one stat.I'm always the person who never takes any points into survivability and goes straight damage and even put all my points into Agility for the longest time but not only do you lose survivability, it's also lower damage than you could have. The way it works is, as you put more points into a specific stat, the amount of points you need to increase that stat by one point goes up. So say you get to 100 agility, it might take 12 points to increase your agility to 101, when instead you could increase your power from 1 to 13 with those same 12 points and get a bigger damage boost. Now my advice while leveling is to put your points into only agility for a while and eventually you'll start putting them into Power, or Spirit/Constitution if you need more stats while solo. If you want full damage and no survivability you will need to split between Agility and Power to get the highest damage,putting all your points into Agility will not get you the most damage. One thing to keep in mind when putting points into Agility is that for every 10 that you put in you get 4 points in Focus, which gives you a percentage physical damage increase. So when putting in points you'll tend to keep them in intervals of 10 for the bonus. I am no where near the exact numbers that you should have that's more theorycrafting down the road, but you will do more damage with an Agility/Power split and even putting some points into Spirit/Constitution goes a very long way when they only cost a couple points early.

Videos:
Here I will include any kinds of video from YouTube I make and any highlights I put on twitch.

PvE:
Daily Dungeon:Twitch
45 Spider Dungeon:Twitch
25 Spider Dungeon:Twitch
Rotation Testing:Twitch

PvP:
Gunslinger vs Vanguard:Twitch
Gunslinger vs Occultist and SpiritShaper:Twitch

Guides:
Juggernaut Armor:youtube.com/watch?v=pAVfuvbzjwI

Class Mount
I don't know if we'll get class mounts on the NA server but if we do here's a picture of our Gunslinger only class mount you'll receive later on.

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Great job @Zorph ... lots of quality information.

I'll be making class specific forum categories this afternoon and will move all appropriate content and posts to their respective class threads

Zeg

...there shall be NONE. Ez 7:25
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Gunslinger by Carthh

Gunslinger Playstyle
For the most part, the Gunslinger is built for high single target damage in both PvE and PvP. This does not mean you do poorly in everything else, single target dps is merely where you excel. The Gunslinger still has very respectable aoe damage and solo skills, but you will find you thrive the most in group content when you are not the main focus of the enemy, and you are free to unload on anyone and anything from afar. With that in mind, there is one crucial element you need to always keep in mind when playing a Gunslinger and that's your range.

20m
Start getting yourself comfortable with that number now because the Gunslinger is at their deadliest when 20 meters or more away from the mob. The Gunslinger has the longest range out of any class in the game topping out at 30m, this gives you a very comfy 10 meter range of 20m-30m away from the mob. So why do we need to be more than 20m away from the mob? At all times Gunslingers have a passive 10% damage boost when attacking monsters further than 20m away. Along with this, while in Sniper Stance your basic attack gains a bonus chance to do double damage when more than 20m away. Now comes the tough part, how do you actually maintain 20m between you and the mob? Well to be honest with you, you probably won't most of the time. Anytime you're doing group content, it should be fairly easy, but while leveling and out solo questing it's much tougher to actually stay 20m away at all times. The best option is to pull the mob as close to 30m as you can and follow up with your cc as the mob closes the gap and you burst them. Most of the time you'll be killing the enemy before they get to you anyway so don't worry too much about distance while solo.

Skill Basics

Sniper Stance
Most likely you'll go through 3 stages of life of a Gunslinger, Love, Hate, then back to Love. You'll level up your Gunslinger thinking to yourself, "Man why don't more people play this class it's amazing and so much fun!" Then you will hit level 20. At first you'll be stoked, a brand new ability called Sniper Stance that gives you a flat damage increase and on top of that it enhances your core dps abilities buffing them and giving them additional effects. As soon as you enter Sniper Stance and walk up to your first mob you'll notice yourself moving at a snails pace and understand what everyone warned you about. But fear not! Once you make it from level 20 all the way up to level 59 you'll be able to enhance sniper stance to remove the slow and you can move at full speed. But until then you'll have to constantly stance dance in and out of Sniper Stance while kiting mobs solo.

Sniper Stance is very straight forward, it's a simple toggle that draws your Sniper rifle and sheathes your pistols. In this stance you get a flat physical damage buff and it enhances your dps abilties with extra effects. While in Sniper Stance you move at 50% movespeed and regenerate dodge energy much slower. Ideally you would want to always be in Sniper Stance but early on you'll find it just isn't possible while solo. You can choose to not enter Sniper Stance, or learn how to dance in and out of it depending on your range to the mob and kiting it. At this time, I can't find a reason to use the pistols once you skill up Sniper Stance to remove the move speed slow, and therefore you would always remain in Sniper Stance.

Core
Let's go over some basic skill rotations and which skills are the most important. Most of the time you'll be focusing on 3 core abilities: Rapid Fire, Heavy Shot, and Bang Bang

Using these abilities can be very simple on the surface, but can be a little tricky when you take a closer look. Not only do they have varying degrees of cooldowns, 10s, 5s, and 3s, they also have different cast times: instant, 0.5s, and 2.5s. On top of this, Heavy Shot gains a large crit chance increase in sniper stance, and Rapid Fire applies a physical damage increase buff at the start of it's cast (regardless of stance). All three of these abilities are key to keeping your damage output high. For Beginners: Channel Rapid Fire, then use Heavy Shot, and finally use Bang Bang, then use each ability as they come off cooldown. For the Advanced, this is the very core of your rotation and while it may look simple on the surface, there are many intricacies you can do to increase your dps with it. A couple things I have tested and messed around with: the first being the obvious if Heavy Shot comes off cooldown but Rapid Fire is close to coming off cooldown its best to delay Heavy Shot to gain the damage boost from Rapid Fire, now the tricky part is I'm not sure how long you should delay for, right now I wouldn't delay longer than 1 second, as Heavy Shot has a base 5s cooldown and Rapid Fires buff lasts 5 seconds even if you Heavy Shot first you'll be able to Rapid Fire then Heavy Shot again inside the buff. Another trick I've found, which might be based on my ping, but it seems you fire your last rocket of Rapid Fire before the channel ends, what this means is as soon as your last rocket fires, you can jump cancel the end of the channel into your next ability (this still needs more testing on reliable ping). These are just a couple tips for now, I'm sure I'll come up with more later, either way you can't go wrong with just using these 3 on cooldown.

CC
The next important topic to cover with skills is how we can CC or crowd control targets. We have two basic knock downs Shock Grenade and Explosive Trap (Fire), one slowing field Explosive Trap (Ice) and one Ultimate Knockdown Steel Blades. Overall I'd say we have good amount of cc despite what other people may say. Your main form of CC is Shock Grenade on a 15s cd that's a targeted very small aoe. You also have a knockdown on your first "Blue/Defensive Ultimate" (more on ultimates later) Steel Blades which costs a low amount of ultimate charge power and has a 30s cd that fires in a straight thin line for 20m. The next one is a little confusing at first but once you understand how the skill works it's very easy so let's take a look at Explosive Trap.

Explosive Trap Fire/Ice
Explosive trap is very simple, you place a mine on the ground and when an enemy walks over it, it explodes dealing aoe damage. Now you also have the option when you place the trap for the next 3 seconds if you reactivate the ability your trap will walk towards your target and explode instead of waiting and applying the elements effect. The basics of the skill stay the same, while the only difference for Fire and Ice is they have an extra button each. Basically the way it works is you click Fire, you gain a buff enhancing your next trap you place making it a fire trap knocking down the enemy, and Ice that creates an aoe slowing field that reduces healing received in it. So the mine works exactly the same, but if you want to use a different element, you activate the buff first then the mine. The mine it self has a 5s cooldown while the Fire and Ice buffs have their own separate 20s and 30s cds respectively, allowing you to activate all 3 mines in a row fairly quickly. On top of this, you can place mines before hand on the ground but may only have 1 mine of each type active at a time. What this does mean though is you can place 3 mines (one of each type) in one spot at the same time like this :

Utility
So we've talked about CC now what other kind of utility do Gunslingers have? Well not very much. Two abilities come to mind that can be useful to others, the first being our level 50 ability Vigor which increases both crit and crit power (I know the website only says power but its both) for not only you but also your allies in a 30m range around you for 10s. A very very strong buff to use at the start of fights when everyone is popping their cooldowns. The other interesting utility ability that comes to mind is Cage. You call down a large steel cage in an area trapping anyone and anything inside it. Now this does mean you can trap a lot of mobs in it, along with your allies so be very careful with this. There's a couple other things that could be considered utility when speccing your skills in a certain way but nothing major comes to mind I'll add them later if I find something.

Rotation
I've been working with the rotation now that I have access to all the skills and I'm coming closer to what I feel to be the best rotation at the moment. This is by no means 100% correct, it's just what I have been doing and seems the strongest. It's a pretty straight forward rotation, mainly just using Rapid Fire first followed by Heavy Shot and your ult Deadly Shot. The problem is, Deadly shot is not worth using until it's skilled up to probably at least level 5+. If it's lower than this it's a dps lose to use Deadly Shot. When it's high enough level though, it feels very smooth using Rapid Fire for the buff and using the other two skills, and with Rapid Fire and Deadly Shot on the same cooldown, every time their up they fit together nicely. Once you've used those three you use Bang Bang on cooldown, and while all of those skills are recharging, you fill in the gaps with ALL of your other skills. Yup, when everything else is on cooldown you want to be using your bot, your grenade, your disengage, even your CC immunity skill. This is because these skills will generate ultimate charge for your right side so you can use your large robot for dps. The reason you are able to use all these skills is because it appears your auto attack ability has it's own separate gcd. What this means is you are able to use skills and while you're on gcd you can auto attack to fill at all times. Like I said this is just a preliminary rotation I've been working on a good starting point.

Ultimates
Basically you have a left and right side that also could be described as blue and red or offense and defense. Each side fills up from certain abilities, the left side fills up from your main dps abilities, while the right side fills up from your main defensive/utility abilities. You have a total of 8 Ultimates but can only use 6, 3 from each side. Almost all of the Ultimates have their uses in certain situations, the only one I personally do not like or really have a place for at the moment is Flurry. It's simply too low damage and too widespread to really be worth it, otherwise all of the other Ultimates are strong in their own way. On the right side you'll probably be opting to not use the Cage most of the time as your odd man out. I don't think I'll be able to get the giant mech suit on China any time soon but from what I've seen the damage in the suit is incredibly high and we will probably prioritize this in our rotation but I won't know for sure until I can test it.

Basic/Ultimate Skills Skill Up Priority
This section also will be mostly blank for now as there is a lot of testing to be done on it. This includes both skill points and skill order. Mainly you want to just focus on skilling up your core skills. Look to put points into increasing the damage done, and if you are doing PvE putting points into increased damage against monsters. Start with points in Rapid Fire first then Heavy Shot.

Stats
Now comes the tough one, how you distribute your stats. Now before you read further I'll say this now,do not dump all of your points into one stat.I'm always the person who never takes any points into survivability and goes straight damage and even put all my points into Agility for the longest time but not only do you lose survivability, it's also lower damage than you could have. The way it works is, as you put more points into a specific stat, the amount of points you need to increase that stat by one point goes up. So say you get to 100 agility, it might take 12 points to increase your agility to 101, when instead you could increase your power from 1 to 13 with those same 12 points and get a bigger damage boost. Now my advice while leveling is to put your points into only agility for a while and eventually you'll start putting them into Power, or Spirit/Constitution if you need more stats while solo. If you want full damage and no survivability you will need to split between Agility and Power to get the highest damage,putting all your points into Agility will not get you the most damage. One thing to keep in mind when putting points into Agility is that for every 10 that you put in you get 4 points in Focus, which gives you a percentage physical damage increase. So when putting in points you'll tend to keep them in intervals of 10 for the bonus. I am no where near the exact numbers that you should have that's more theorycrafting down the road, but you will do more damage with an Agility/Power split and even putting some points into Spirit/Constitution goes a very long way when they only cost a couple points early.

Videos:
Here I will include any kinds of video from YouTube I make and any highlights I put on twitch.

PvE:
Daily Dungeon:Twitch
45 Spider Dungeon:Twitch
25 Spider Dungeon:Twitch
Rotation Testing:Twitch

PvP:
Gunslinger vs Vanguard:Twitch
Gunslinger vs Occultist and SpiritShaper:Twitch

Guides:
Juggernaut Armor:youtube.com/watch?v=pAVfuvbzjwI

Class Mount
I don't know if we'll get class mounts on the NA server but if we do here's a picture of our Gunslinger only class mount you'll receive later on.

Recommend moving this to Gunslinger section?

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Recommend moving this to Gunslinger section?

It's already over there ... @Zorph posted this before we had class specific sections, so I kept it here and copied it over there as well

Zorph

Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
@Kelace FYI the guides are in the new forum @Paradigm created.

Gunslinger seems like a great class to stay in the back and dps. FYI I hear many quit during the mid levels when you lose mobility. I think at 59 you start to get your mobility back.

Kelace

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
@Kelace FYI the guides are in the new forum @Paradigm created.

Gunslinger seems like a great class to stay in the back and dps. FYI I hear many quit during the mid levels when you lose mobility. I think at 59 you start to get your mobility back.
I saw. I'm not worried about mobility I can stance dance at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom