Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

PVP Tool kit!

Boanz

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
So I've been out PVP'ing with many of you and have learned through either advice or mistakes, some things that are good to have when out PVP'ing in this game. Usually when I learn these things I have the impression that I'm the last one to know or to figure it out. However I have noticed a few others who have been in the same boat as me and figured I'd spread the knowledge. I'm also looking for others to add things that I might not use or know about, so everyone can build their tool kit the way they feel is best.

Here are the things I make sure I have in my bag when I go out PVP'ing:

• Resurrection Scrolls x 10 - It's always best to get rez'd by the group and not have to make you way back. I take 10 because you never know.
  • Memory Ink x 3 - Many guildies have houses on islands and on the eastern continent for quick teleportation, It would be bad to show up and not be able to set them as call points.
  • Steel Ammo (Cannon Balls) >100 - Don't want to be the one who can't kill an enemy ship. And they're cheep.
  • Dahuta's Bubble x 10 - Ten is probably overkill it's best to pop one when you start out at sea so you don't have to worry in the middle of battle. Allows you to swim under water for 45 minutes and not die.
  • Health and Mana Pots (up to your wallet) - Tier 3 or 4 are probably adequate for everyday PVP. If you are being focused, a health pot won't save you(may give you a second more, if you're trying to escape though). It's more for fast recovery if are able to duck out of the line of fire, to help you get back into the fight. Top tier stuff you may want to invest in for important battles or sedge warfare.
  • Food (up to your wallet) - Make sure to get drink for HP and Mana boosts(+### to HP for 30 mins), food for boosts to main stat (i.e. +## to AGI, STR, etc) and food for HP and Mana recovery (+### to HP every 2 seconds for 30 seconds). Once again I wouldn't break the bank for the top tier stuff. Tier 3 and/or 4 should be adequate.
  • Hereafter Stones > 25 - You can always use you "Recall" ability when you're all done but it's best to make sure you have enough hereafter stones to get around the map to get to the good PVP locations.

Here are some other items to consider depending on wallet or ability to aquire:

• Elixir: Healer's ChaliceTemproary converts 10% of received damage to health
  • Elixir: Brick WallTemproary reduces all received damage by 18
  • Special Elixir: Blood-stained RevengeTemproary increases Physical and Magic Attack by 10%
  • Special Elixir: Blood-filled GlassTemproary Increases max HP +700
    PotionEffectLevelLaborTableReagents
  • Defense Medicine: Kingdom's HeartIncreases Physical Defense by 2400 for 30 mins
  • Resistance Potion: Ancient Library RelicsIncreases Magic Defense by 2400 for 30 mins
  • Personal Breathing Device - Another great way stay under water for long periodas of time.
  • Flippers and diving helmet - great when either escaping or chasing under water. Please don't wear these while walking around Marianople like the village idiot and shame the guild.

I am not a leader and this isn't a "must have" to pvp in this guild. It's simply sharing of knowledge and I recommendation to have to help enhance your play and the guilds as a whole. I have prepared this list eight different times. Preparation A-G where ok but not quite right. I feel Preparation-H feels good, on the hole. If you agree please let me know. Also if anyone has other things they use a lot of while PVP'ing please let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Boanz

Last edited:

Falfouran

Loremaster
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I like it @Boanz! Thanks!

LoanWolf

Rangers > Berzerkers
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Elixir: Healer's ChaliceTemproary converts 10% of received damage to health
Elixir: Brick WallTemproary reduces all received damage by 18
Special Elixir: Blood-stained RevengeTemproary increases Physical and Magic Attack by 10%
Special Elixir: Blood-filled GlassTemproary Increases max HP +700

Defense Medicine: Kingdom's HeartIncreases Physical Defense by 2400 for 30 mins

Resistance Potion: Ancient Library RelicsIncreases Magic Defense by 2400 for 30 mins

LoanWolf

Rangers > Berzerkers
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The Max Phys and Magic resist potions give 2400 resist for 30 minutes. You can be truely op with them. I believe you can have both active at once. Personally I know I need to stock up on some of these.

Termintor

I'll PvP your face off!
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
@Boanz

I to like preparation H, on the hole.

I am trying to think of other things, but right now seems like you covered most if not all of it!

Probably obvious but you really want to bind your pots to a hotkey, those few miiseconds can really count if health is low.

Also make sure you are checking out the honor vendor and AH.

Lunastones like +2 strength, +2 intelligence, etc etc are really cheap, so there is no excuse to not have them if you have gear that you plan on having for a week or more.

Boanz

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The Max Phys and Magic resist potions give 2400 resist for 30 minutes. You can be truely op with them. I believe you can have both active at once. Personally I know I need to stock up on some of these.

Thanks. About how much do the Defense Medicine and Resistance Potion cost (on adverage)? If they are cheap I would definitely add them to my normal PVP tool kit. I have been meaning to look into them and was thinking those would be good for the 100 v 100 on Freedrick or up in Aurora when it opens. I'll edit the post later. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Cynn

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Great write up. .. only other thing I would suggest is the personal breathing device you can get by killing some named guys. It lasts 10 minutes and has a 30 minute cooldown. Crusades is going after those named guys Wednesday night so I say we all go along.

Flippers and diving helmet are good to have also. We can stealth underwater in certain spots to wait for ships. . ;)

Boanz

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
@Boanz

I to like preparation H, on the hole.

I am trying to think of other things, but right now seems like you covered most if not all of it!

Probably obvious but you really want to bind your pots to a hotkey, those few miiseconds can really count if health is low.

Also make sure you are checking out the honor vendor and AH.

Lunastones like +2 strength, +2 intelligence, etc etc are really cheap, so there is no excuse to not have them if you have gear that you plan on having for a week or more.

I knew you'd like Preparation-H too Term. I completely agree with you about the Lunastones. I make sure I have at least cheap ones on each piece I have and then upgrade them as I can.

LoanWolf

Rangers > Berzerkers
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thanks. About how much do the Defense Medicine and Resistance Potion cost (on adverage)? If they are cheap I would definitely add them to my normal PVP tool kit. I have been meaning to look into them and was thinking those would be good for the 100 v 100 on Freedrick or up in Aurora when it opens. I'll edit the post later. Thanks again.

The phys def is roughly like 5-6g. The magic resist is more like 8g. You can't lose a 1v1 with these pots and a health potion. It's impossible I tell you. Used the phys resist to take sneak a pack into freedrich and I felt like I was carrying people to the gilda vendor.

Kosman

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Nice write up guys! Of the alchemy items the phys/magic def a the best for sure. The prices I've seen match yours Loanwolf.
Something to keep in mind - be on the lookout for the pots a few or just below the one you want. The 2400 to phys/magic defense are easy to make...it is the one right before this one "Ambitious Lord's Vow" that requires clubhead fungus to make and is difficult/expensive to come by. If you happen to see these on the market (which is rare as they usually go for the next one up unless they don't have 60K proficiency yet) and they are at a decent price pick them up.

Be on the lookout for the Clubhead Fungus (and spores) also. They can be found by harvesting random unidentified items you will run across in grassy areas. Typically they sell for at least 1g each (which doesn't make sense when it takes 10 to make 5 of the Ambitious Lord's Vows) but trust me there will come a time when neither are available and you will want to make or have someone make them for you. If you get a spore and plant it on your farm you will get 3 to 4 fungus and it takes a few days to mature.

Also look at the healing/mana pots to buy the lower level ones. Each healing/mana pot is a component to make the next level pot. This is retarded in my opinion as it makes them cost prohibitive. Most of the ones I've seen so far sell for a big loss on the AH from people leveling up their skill and are just trying to recuperate some of their expenses. Using the AH prices (which are at least 2 to 3 times the cost to grow the items yourself) here's a quick example of the low level healing pots;
Veiled Flame - 8s each
Hushed Star - 50s each
Afternoon Sun - 30s each
Midsummer Meteor - 30s each
Sun's Glory - 40s each
Desert Fire - 34s each

So to make a desert fire using AH costs would cost around 1.9g each. If you had the time to grow the mats to make them yourself(medicinal powder, lavender, mushroom, lotus, ginseng, ginkgo) you could bring down the price to half or better, but if you factor in all of the things you are not able to grow while these are growing and the time it takes to grow them the price skyrockets. Things like bay take a long time to gather and the ginkgo trees take up a huge amount of space on your farm not to mention produce leaves slowly. Other items are really time consuming like lotus (~5 hours) and Ginseng (20+hours). My point being if you find Sun's Glory or Desert Fire for 50-70s each it is really not a bad deal (at cost or less not including your time/farm space).

These also feed up into the next level (minor healing to regular healing pots for example) so check those out also. The Afternoon Sun (heals 1330 health) is a component of Solar Glow (which only heals for 980 - logic???). I was able to pick up a stack of 100 Solar Glows for 7g which saves a ton of time/effort/gold when taking it to the next levels. Well you get the idea so I will shut up now :)

Boanz

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thanks a TON @Kosman and @LoanWolf . That was helpful. If you're able to make some of these things, @Kosman, I will want to hit you up in game and work out getting some of these. Even the high priced stuff to have when we go against FC on Freedric island or head into Auroria. Of course I will keep my eye out for the deals too, to feed you some of the mid/lower tier stuff to craft the better stuff, like you explained.

Chiyon

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I've seen it mentioned about swim fins and helmets, and thought to throw this in.

Before you go, bring a supply of Dahuta's Bubbles, the swim fins/helmet if you have them, and at least a row or two of space in your bag for vendor trash loot.

If you go southeast of Sunspeck Island (see map in screenie), you will find a huge underwater complex. While travelling through, you may see items called "Old Relic Chest" and "Old Jar". These both have a chance (ohai RNG) to drop the swim fins "Eternal Defiance" and the dive helmet "Eternal World". There are also a few minor quests down there, the NPC is in a huge building on the south-ish edge of the complex.

Compared to the craftable swim fins and helmet:

Baktehan's Swim Fins: +30% swim speed
Eternal Defiance Swim Fins: +40% swim speed

Granbleu's Dive Helmet: +1 minute breath time
Eternal World Dive Helmet: +1.5 minutes breath time

Things to note:

1. The complex is open seas PvP zone. Watch your back!

2. There are 1~3 star mobs lurking around. If you see a trio of them together, if you hit one, all will aggro you.

3. The Old Jars are REALLY hard to see sometimes. Look inside the roofs of the small houses, or inside under the pillars. The Old Jars have a chance to drop the keys that open the Old Relic Chests.

4. You might get a "Ancient Relic Trade Pack" from the Old Relic Chests. You turn these in at Freedich Isle for 5~10 gold.

5. There is a stream of bubbles running through the complex. You can swim into this bubble stream to move quickly thru the complex by riding the stream. Also look for the Finding Nemo easter egg!

6. There are big bluish plants called "Air-filled Cherry" or something like that. They're like aquafarm breathing apparatuses and will refill your breath bar.

7. Keep your eyes peeled for Oysters and Abalone!

ScreenShot0004.jpg ScreenShot0005.jpg

Bonus #1

You may also notice rooms with 1 big miniboss type named "Spirit of Ancient Guardian (name)". They will drop an item called "Ancient's Token". If you are in a group, one person should loot all the tokens. When you collect 6 tokens, you can open the Prince's Chamber (swim around and you'll come across it).

Opening the Prince's Chamber will open a sort of mini-dungeon. You need to kill the mobs to get a key to move to the next chamber (if I remember there was 3 chambers). The final chamber boss is Prince Riesig. He's a pain in the butt, and has an AOE that you need to get away from him ASAP or pop Protective Wings. He's a lvl 50 5-star legendary boss, so numbers are needed.

He should drop pieces of a leather armor set called "Forsaken Pirate" set, which grants +50% shelling damage for 5 pieces.

There is also another boss floating around the complex called Dahuta's Champion Nazar. He should drop pieces of the "Forsaken Sailor" set, which grants +30% shelling damage.

*Note: This is confirmed that all the mobs/guardians/prince's chamber entrance are in-game. However, we are dealing with Trion who may have ninja changed drops without saying anything.

Bonus #2

While opening Old Jars, you will get a bunch of junk that you can sell to any merchant for money. The money varies, some are worth more than others. Among this vendor trash you might be pieces of Alecto's Journal. There are 76 of them (have fun!). If you manage to collect all 76, you can turn them in to Angeli on Freedich Isle and get a "Completed Alecto's Journal" book decor for your home and the "Master of the Deep" title.

Top Bottom