Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Primeval: whats weapon of choice?

Simsen

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I am going strictly ranged with no melee in shadowplay at all. Been using bow and duel wield but ive reado/heard sword n shield would be a good choice or even a staff For the stats.

What are all your ranged using?

Shiala

Obssesed with Glam way too much.
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Nodachis usually have an insane amount of agility on them, would be good for the stats, I assume you are in leather so your physical defense should already be high so no real need for a shield without the defense tree

josua

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I guess the question is attack speed or damage.

Dual wield gives you bonus to attack speed and 2 hander give bonus to damage.

I am thinking of trying dual wielding daggers. The attack speed of dual wield, plus the attack speed proc of daggers would be insane.

Wonder if I am thinking about this correctly....

Simsen

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Now attack speed does not effect cooldowns or endless arrows so there would be no point for me. I may as well go 2-h then.

josua

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
great to know Simsen, thanks.

Gonna stick to the Nodachi then, probably.

Proof

Conceited Cupcake Bastard
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Now attack speed does not effect cooldowns or endless arrows so there would be no point for me. I may as well go 2-h then.
This would be incorrect actually. As your attack speed goes up, your global cooldown goes down. If you reach 50% attack speed with Inspire and other buffs, your endless arrows will fire more times per second than was possible pre-1.2.

I still suggest a nodachi though for greater damage on skills such as Overwhelm and Shadowsmite

Chabu

Get in the van...
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom