Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Kinetic Crowd Controler

K

Know Crow

Tenacious Guest
Keep this simple

Kinetic is the best CC in the game.

I don't need to count how many skills push, slow and stun lock your opponents PVE&PVP

I've just started in with Kinetic and I intend to contribute to this thread as my observations go on.

I will say this. Building A Kinetic as a DPS rather than a Support/Mage is limiting the potential of this class.

Paradigm

Bearded Pirate Instructor
Website Administrator
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
WoW: Classic Heroic Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
I will say this. Building A Kinetic as a DPS rather than a Support/Mage is limiting the potential of this class.

I'm not quite sure this would be completely accurate ... as the Kinetic is currently the highest DPS build in the game right now. However, I love your idea of exploring all avenues of a class. I play Slayer, and just found out recently that I can make a ranged build for a mostly melee class .... too cool.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to following your build. Be sure to keep notes and post them!

K

Know Crow

Tenacious Guest
I'm not quite sure this would be completely accurate ... as the Kinetic is currently the highest DPS build in the game right now. However, I love your idea of exploring all avenues of a class. I play Slayer, and just found out recently that I can make a ranged build for a mostly melee class .... too cool.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to following your build. Be sure to keep notes and post them!
I thought Beserker was.... that chainsaw damage plus lock stun lock dishes out more per second while Kinetic is about situation awareness.

Proof

Conceited Cupcake Bastard
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I thought Beserker was.... that chainsaw damage plus lock stun lock dishes out more per second while Kinetic is about situation awareness.
Yes and no. Zerker and Kinetic currently have the highest burst ingame due to on demand debuff/buffs in accordance with juggernaut/fracture. Witch and Kinetic are considered the top two DPS in game right now (witch's cursed shield is a tremendous boon in burst damage). The strongest cc in game is debatable, but is most likely the monk. In PvP you can do a full 6 second stunlock on an enemy every 5-6 seconds (due to diminishing returns), in PvE you can keep a mob perma-stunlocked. You also have three different displacement skills in game (two pushes and one pull).

LoanWolf

Rangers > Berzerkers
Honored Mythic Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I can shed some insight on this.

As a zerker I have crazy amounts of cc as well. I have my knock down ability, I have my chainsaw, and I have the impact ability that knocks people down, as well as ultimate buffs that can jump on you and knock down. I only need 2 of these knockdowns to proc for me to 100-0 someone in pvp. I've really only have one kinetic cc even bother me and that is the lift up, the slows do not affect zerkers due to battle frenzy.

CC is really only useful in pvp. I know what everyone is thinking about ccing all the trash mobs. As there is no globals cooldown, my one cc ability can be used on every single mob without cooldown, just not the same mob twices. My impact can proc on all mobs through 1 whirlwind. Bosses can not be CCed. The burst in pve is where kinetic shines. There is a class that is extremely good at dealing with trash mobs though along with cc and that is cryomancer. If you want to build more of that cc support aoe damage classs, cryo is what you should be looking for.

Proof

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Yar, what the Loan said. The best actual cc (and the only ones really used) in PvE are pulls, which are given to the tanks, zerker, monk, and lightbeaver. They interrupt all mob actions and group them up for great aoe damage.

Jackalope

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This is good info, although im more uncertain which class to pick for what role now. Got knight for tank but for dps i was thinking kinetic-PVE and monk -PVP

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

K

Know Crow

Tenacious Guest
Great stuff, I'll be updating this thread as soon as Paradigm makes me a regular member in the forums (Yes, I'm a probie... for now)

Proof

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Great stuff, I'll be updating this thread as soon as Paradigm makes me a regular member in the forums (Yes, I'm a probie... for now)
All you should need are a couple likes on your posts which I have just given ya.

Top Bottom