Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

I got an Insta Pot (Pressure cooker) for Christmas

Daenerys

The Mad Queen
Legendary Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have one? Have you ever used one or have a good recipe to try? We're googling stuff, obviously, but ya know, community is fun.

Averie

Averie#1956 - Add me!
Website Administrator
Mythic Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The best beef stew ever comes from the pressure cooker. It's 100x better than when I make it in the crock pot. The meat, for whatever reason, comes out so much more tender (if you can imagine that) and it takes a fraction of the time. Total cooking time for beef stew in the pressure cooker is about 20 minutes. That's something I make somewhat often. I'm pretty comfortable doing any kind of stew meat in the pressure cooker.

I'm trying to think of what else I've made in it...

I've made Manhattan Clam Chowder in it, came out awesome. My roommates and I ate the entire pot in one day. My friend's husband was kind of a pig though, lol.

I've also made a dish with rotini pasta, tomatoes, sliced steak and lots of cheese. Pasta is a little difficult to get right, one minute too much and it'll be crazy over done.

I've made pot roast with potatoes as well. Came out really good.

I bought this book: https://www.amazon.com/Miss-Vickies-Pressure-Cooker-Recipes/dp/0764597264 (Where I got the beef stew recipe from, if you'd like I can send you a copy of it.)

It has quite a few good recipes, but realistically you can experiment yourself and find stuff for free online. Let me know what you make! It's been awhile since I've used my pressure cooker I'd be excited to try something new :)

josua

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I don't even know if these are a real thing, or something my mom made up. She called em Porcupine Balls. Like large meatballs with rice and stuff inside. she cooked them with large chunks of potato in the pressure cooker. The tomato sauce base actually seeped into the potatoes and made it all so damn good.

Enpur

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
We bought one and the first thing we did was pork bbq. It was fantastic. Fully cooked pork BBQ, tender beyond belief in 20ish minutes. My son had a fit, so we got him one to take to college. He makes the chili and BBQ for the floor and big parties.

Top Bottom