Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Hero subroles

Zeklomontu

Here to help
Legendary Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Director
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Trying to learn all the hero subroles. Found this picture but not sure how accurate it is. I do know it is missing some new ones. If anyone can fill in the gaps or point me to a better resource, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jamfalcon

Retired
Tenacious Gamer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Sombra doesn't heal anymore

Also, I don't think the "low impact ult" for Hanzo is appropriate. It's great to pick slower characters or to position the enemy team more favorably.

Zarya doesn't belong in the same category as Rein and Orisa.

It's missing Hamster who would go into a category with D.va and Winston on account of high mobility/low shields.

Obviously ignore the attack/defense category and throw everything just into damage.

Everything else seems pretty ok

Last edited:

CranberryJeus

Just a bit Fruity
Epic Gamer
Final Fantasy XIV Director
Final Fantasy XIV Officer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
so for tanks we have
shield tanks Rein Orisa - Need to get to a point without dying these help
Dive tanks are Dva Hamtaro and Winston - need to make people turn around or sneak a cap these help
Utility tanks of Zarya and Roadhog - these in practice are just tanky dps with some utility ults (both are crazy high CC ults)

for healers you have
Main Heals - Moira and Mercy (to some extent anna) - Crazy heal output for long engages
Dive Heals - Lucio Zenyatta - get to AND STAY on the point with their ults zenyatta can also pick off targets with discord
Brigette - she is an off heal/point/cc kinda broken atm on any payload, great vs flankers(doomfist is an even matchup though)

DPS by damage types
Anti-Shield - Explosives (Pharah And Junkrat) and Machine gun (looking at you bastion)
Anti Tank - Explosives again And Shotguns (reaper and to a lesser extent torbjorn)
Flankers - Sombra Tracer Genji Doomfist - They were behind you the whole time
Hit Scan/Anti Air - McCree Soldier:76 Torbjorn(turret) - KILL THE FLYING THINGS
Deployables/Defense : Symmetra Torbjorn Bastion Mei(ult)- All really good at stopping pushes and point control especially if given time to set up
Snipers - Widowmaker and Hanzo - Self explanatory but great against comps with no or few shields

even after all that there are still so many matchups that can be favorable or hard or characters that are better suited on different maps even beyond their normal positions.

Top Bottom