Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Future donations to Genesis

Zawr

I'm the f**king Monarch!
Loremaster
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
First, a huge thanks to everyone who donated for our first family donation to Genesis. Regardless of the current lack of "thanks" from their Order, I wanted to set up a continued donation drive from our family to Genesis.

I don't want to go crazy like we did with the first donation. One, I don't want to donate a ton of goods and money to a group of people who are not thankfull. Two, the whole purpose of starting this family with close friends was so we could become self sufficient. I would love to get to the point where we don't need help from Genesis at all. We will take care of our own. However, I want Genesis to continue to receive support, and if we continue to donate and post our donations on the forums, we will help accomplish that. Also, I don't want Blud or anyone from Genesis saying a member from this family isn't helping, because we will have the proof to refute such a claim.

So, I'm thinking no more than a bi-weekly donation should do the trick. Please, save the majority if your mats and gold for family functions and needs but do farm or save things on the side for Genesis. @Rainedance will keep us updated on items Genesis is needing at the time and we should try our best to give a donation every two weeks or so to accomodate those needs.

As I stated earlier, the next round of donations will be presented on the Genesis forums by another family member. I am not the leader of this family, so I don't want to be the one presenting donations every few weeks. We can all take turns doing that and we can figure out who is doing it closer to that time. For now, please save a few gold and a few mats here and there for these bi-weekly donations.

Feel free to post any concerns in this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Within

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
@Rainedance I think my plan is to plant raw materials, like barley, between what I would be growing for our family and just saving it up for our donations. Add to that some Blue Salt knives and wedges and other staples. Do you think this sounds good?

Shiala

Obssesed with Glam way too much.
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'm still gathering Bay leaves and I'll plant other things in between my trees

Rainedance

Free Pumpkin Hugs For Everyone
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
This is awesome guys!! I will have a list up in the next day or so of what Genesis needs. I do hope that 1) we actually get thank yous for the items, 2) that other families will jump on the band wagon as well. I will tell you that our donation was the freaking BOMB, it helped many of our crafters! As I mentioned in another thread, I had just sent out the mats to our crafters, I had wanted to speak with Blud before dividing up the gold, was not sure if one profession needed it more than another. It also took a few hours to go through to find out what each mat was for as to send it to the correct crafter, then to divide it up accordingly. I posted the message that I had sent with the mats in another thread. I somewhat understand why Blud does not want be the one to hand out things as it is time consuming, however, I think that the leadership of Genesis should be the ones to hand out donations such as this. That way each crafter is treated the same and in fairness. No pets are given more than another. If you like I can post a list of the crafters that received donations and just what they were, I am keeping track! Hugs!

Zawr

I'm the f**king Monarch!
Loremaster
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
As long as you are keeping track, then no need to post here Raine, we trust you! Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Shiala

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just a thought on this, maybe going forward we can donate directly to some crafters in Genesis? I would just feel better knowing it went straight to the people in need.

Zawr

I'm the f**king Monarch!
Loremaster
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Just a thought on this, maybe going forward we can donate directly to some crafters in Genesis? I would just feel better knowing it went straight to the people in need.

We already did that with the last donation round. @Rainedance pain stackingly went through every donation TTPK sent her and sent them to invidivual Genesis members. A few of those members replied to her with their appreciation.

Shiala

Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
We already did that with the last donation round. @Rainedance pain stackingly went through every donation TTPK sent her and sent them to invidivual Genesis members. A few of those members replied to her with their appreciation.
Sorry I missed that, thank you for doing f that Rainedance

Rainedance

Free Pumpkin Hugs For Everyone
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
Although time consuming, I have no issue with our donations being sent to me for distribution. It took me about 5.5 hours to go through all our donations to see who should get what, since I wasn't sure which crafters used what, but I got it all figured out. We were able to assist 10 Sponsored crafters!! An amazing feat I would say!! Several of them replied with a Thank you! That they appreciated everything that we did for them! That it would be helping them lvl their professions! So that was very nice....Having these things sent to me, and distributed by me, IMHO ensures that all crafters and not "favorites" are getting donations from us! When I send out the donations I make sure that those receiving the donation know that it is from the Family and not from ME!

Now as far as what is needed, husbandry could use gold, they have to purchase the animals to butcher, such as turkeys, cows and such. They could also use grains to feed some of their animals. They are also the ones that can make the pens and coops, which take 10 bamboo and 5 chicks per coop. Leather crafters can use pelts, so those in husbandry can pass the pelts they get from the animals that are purchased from donations to our leather crafters. Alchemy, Lavender, roses and such are helpful. Cooks grains and barley are in big demand. Our armor, mining, masonry, tailoring, carpentry could really put the LP pots to use. Farmers and Gatherers, gold and or seeds for planting. As the sponsored Farmer and Gatherer, with donations (which I have received VERY little of from the Guild) I plant things that our alchemist and cooks can use, as well as cotton for our tailors. It is becoming more vital as we are moving forward to have minimum 15k in both farming and gathering in order to make bundles, these in turn will get some items off of them that are needed for other crafters as well was the worms for our family's fishermen. So this is an updated list of items needed. Ping me if you need more info. As far as how often we send these donations out, I do believe that every couple of weeks is a good plan. Every week, well then I think that others would say, Well they are doing it, so we don't need to provided Genesis with donations too" Which as we all know is very much not the case! Okay..coming off my soapbox now! Pumpkin Hugs!

Top Bottom