Tenacious Gamers

Welcome to the home of Tenacious Gamers, the premier destination for multi-core gamers from around the world. Hardcore at Heart, Casual by Nature. Be sure to register here and join our Discord Community so that you can start gaming the way gaming was meant to be. Fun!

Darkrunner gearing

Kwans

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Heya Warfare crew,

I'm at lvl 41 at the moment and soon I'll be able to do the lv 44 gear quest so I want to ask something before getting to that point, and who else to ask for gearing if not the Warfare crew :)

1. Leather or Plate for Darkrunner.
I've been researching about this for a long while and people seems to split on this. Some say Leather for set buff and magic defense but probably no Str mod, while some go with Plate for extra physical tankiness and whole bunch of Str. I know that crit rate (agi) is very useful for darkrunner since there are some skill that works well when crit, but is it worth dropping Str for Crit rate?

2. Hasla weapon.
Since Hasla only has 2-handed Axe, should I still farm for it? I'm planning to use Nodachi end game for crit rate but it will be a tedious crafting work.

3. Thrawt or no Thrawt

Thank you!

Last edited:

Shiala

Obssesed with Glam way too much.
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Leather for sure and yes get the Hasla, it will be huge until you can craft a better one
And yes to thwart, it's sick :)

Kwans

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kat, that's most of my question answered in two lines :D
I'll give Thwart a try, probably dropping some passives from Battlerage

LordLoki

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hasla Hasla Hasla

Fel

nani tf
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
1. Leather is the best for pvp.. Hands down. Desert leather or Typhoon is great for DR for the stats.

Desert : Str/Stam leather gear
Typhoon: Str/Agil/Stam leather gear.

The reason leather is better than plate or cloth is because it's well balanced with it's defenses which is something you should always take account for in PvP.

2. I.. believe hasla weapons dual swords is actually superior until you can get a good nodachi but the 2h axe is still pretty good

3. Thwart for sure and you better have the passive to beable to stack it x3.

Kwans

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Thanks! @Fel

1. Is it wise to mix both Desert and Typhoon? Or is there a buff for complete set of it?

2. Is that 1H Hasla and a Katana/Dagger ? Or 2 1H Hasla? (I might be to lazy to farm 2 1H Hasla :p)

3. I'll be getting Thwart and the passive for sure
However this is my current build. As you can see, I am already used all the skill points. Could you please take a look on what I should take out?
Here's the list of what I've been thinking of removing
  • Frenzy - I use this mainly for extra Magic protection and additional burst damage. (I try to do the animation cancel thingy that Endah use in his guide but with my current ping, it's impossible)
  • Weapon Maneuver - 5% Damage vs 24% Attack Speed
  • Terrifying Roar - For weaken?
  • Stalker's Mark - I really love this skill, it is really useful when PVPing long range class that I can't get the wombo combo off.
What do you think?

Let me summon some of the guys here, sorry for disturbing :p
@Katmondi @Proof @Termintor

Edit: wrong skill allocated

Last edited:

Fel

nani tf
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
1. Personally I don't see much need for agility as a darkrunner.. You can pretty much go all str/stam and just wreck things that way. There is a decent set bonus for having all typhoon or all desert.

2. 1H sword/sword and yea it's no problem to just go with the 2h hasla axe. That'll serve you just as well.

3. Personally this is what I would run: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/41906/

It's a well established build and it'll offer you every bit of utility and damage you should need as a DR

Kwans

Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
Reaction score
So, Terrifying Roar and Weapon Maneuver didn't make the cut. Thanks @Fel, I'll give it a go.

Also, while you are here, thanks for the lvl 44 gear quest guide. I'm currently doing it :D

Termintor

I'll PvP your face off!
Honored Legendary Gamer
Tenacious Gamer
Veteran Member
2009 Original Member
Reaction score
@Kwans

This is my current build http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/195601

Love it for solo pvp, gives decent survivability and I still wreck almost anyone come by in 1v1 open world, The whole drop back sunder earth is hilarious to use against melee hehe. I have the 2h Hasla Battleaxe with dmg increase lunastone, aside from that my gear is lacking! I dont even have jury cloak yet :(

I liked this build a lot
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/195608

However it wasn't very bursty or very tanky, was just fun tho imo. Also I think people are like wtf an abolisher without a shield.

Top Bottom